Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Book 1
1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
6. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
7. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
8. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
9. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
This section contains 2,557 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)