|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. Among the suitors, who tried to use the bow first?
3. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(b) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(c) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(d) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
4. Who sets up the axes for the trial of the bow?
5. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a beach.
(b) He swims until he finds a boat.
(c) He swims until he finds a river.
(d) He swims until he finds a harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
2. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
3. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
5. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)