|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
(a) He's going to try the bow, for if he can wield it, then she can marry whoever she wishes.
(b) He tells her that the suitors are not to touch his father's weapons.
(c) He thinks she's doing the right thing.
(d) He's going to try the bow too.
2. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
(a) She asked what Odysseus' ship looked like.
(b) She asks him to describe Odysseus' clothing, his person, and his companions.
(c) She asked the beggar at which games Odysseus excelled.
(d) She asks him the month and year he visited with Odysseus.
3. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's in her grotto asleep.
(b) He's out in the forest building a hut.
(c) He's swimming.
(d) He's crying on the beach.
4. What does Eurymachus offer Odysseus in Book 22 from the remaining suitors to make amends for their behavior at his house for so long?
(a) Twenty oxen and bronze and gold.
(b) Some cattle and some servants.
(c) All of their personal wealth and that of their families.
(d) Cattle, meal, and golden cups.
5. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
(a) She prays for Odysseus to return.
(b) She prays for a good husband.
(c) She prays for the suitors to die.
(d) She wishes to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
2. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
3. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
4. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
5. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)