|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) Like a father to a long lost son.
(c) Like an employee who loves his boss.
(d) Like a mentor to a prodigy.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She wants to find a husband.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
3. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
4. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
5. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
(a) A jewel that sparkled like a star.
(b) Goblets of silver to use at his wedding feast.
(c) A beautiful embroidered robe for his future bride.
(d) The text never describes her gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Odysseus going in the morning in Book 23, the day after the battle with the suitors?
2. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
3. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
4. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
5. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)