|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
3. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A veil.
(b) A raft.
(c) A magic sail.
(d) A ride on dolphins.
4. How does Athene disguise Odysseus on Ithaca?
(a) She makes him look old and dresses him in smelly rags.
(b) She makes him look like Telemachus, since Telemachus in still in Sparta.
(c) She just changes his eyes and hair.
(d) She makes him change his clothes and wear a mask.
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To steal all his goods.
(b) To kill him on the open sea.
(c) To take Penelope away.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
2. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
3. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
4. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)