|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a beach.
(b) He swims until he finds a harbor.
(c) He swims until he finds a river.
(d) He swims until he finds a boat.
2. Who sets up the axes for the trial of the bow?
3. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(b) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(c) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
(d) Flight is best.
4. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(b) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(c) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To take Penelope away.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To steal all his goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
2. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)