|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(b) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(c) He taunts Polyphemus.
(d) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
3. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(c) To court other women, too.
(d) Continue behaving as they have been.
4. How does Athene disguise Odysseus on Ithaca?
(a) She makes him look old and dresses him in smelly rags.
(b) She makes him change his clothes and wear a mask.
(c) She makes him look like Telemachus, since Telemachus in still in Sparta.
(d) She just changes his eyes and hair.
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
(b) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(c) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(d) Flight is best.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
5. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)