|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(d) Telemachus isn't coming back.
2. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia's news about Odysseus and the suitors?
(a) She cries for shame.
(b) She hits her.
(c) She runs out to see.
(d) She doesn't believe her.
3. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(b) He's going to go on a trip.
(c) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(d) His father is alive.
5. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(b) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(c) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(d) They never die or have young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
4. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)