|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
2. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
(a) Odysseus wants to see if Telemachus can follow the plan.
(b) He is not to tell a soul that Odysseus has returned to Ithaca alive and well.
(c) Odysseus is waiting to see how his son fares in combat.
(d) Odysseus has instructed Telemachus to find the loyal servants of the house.
3. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
4. What does Eurymachus offer Odysseus in Book 22 from the remaining suitors to make amends for their behavior at his house for so long?
(a) All of their personal wealth and that of their families.
(b) Some cattle and some servants.
(c) Twenty oxen and bronze and gold.
(d) Cattle, meal, and golden cups.
5. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
2. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
3. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)