|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(b) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(c) He is completely naked.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
2. Who gives Odysseus the bow that Penelope is using in her contest for the suitors?
3. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to stay and question more spirits.
(b) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(c) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
(d) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
4. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
3. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
4. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)