|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately exposes Odysseus' identity to Penelope?
(a) His bed.
(b) His scar.
(c) They have a secret code which they aggreed on before he left.
(d) He shows her the secret chamber.
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When 21 years have passed.
(b) When Laertes dies.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
3. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
4. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
5. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
2. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
3. In Book 19, what does Odysseus the beggar tell Penelope has kept Odysseus away so long?
4. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)