|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
2. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(c) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(d) He is wearing Ino's veil.
5. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(b) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(c) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. What does Theoclymenus tell Penelope about the omen of the birds?
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
5. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)