|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(b) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(c) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
(d) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
2. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
3. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(c) Gentle breeze.
(d) Enchanted sail.
4. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
5. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
(a) A chest of gold each, and a well-wrought libations cup.
(b) A chest of gold and a chest of silver.
(c) A spotless robe and tunic and a talent of gold.
(d) A slave and a chest of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
2. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
3. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
4. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)