|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) To court other women, too.
(b) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(c) Continue behaving as they have been.
(d) It's time to go home.
3. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
(a) She doesn't want Odysseus to get distracted.
(b) Phaecians are so friendly that he might be offered hospitality before he reaches Alcinous' palace.
(c) She doesn't want her uncle, Poseidon, to see that Odysseus has landed safely.
(d) Phaecians don't like strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
2. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
3. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
4. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
5. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)