|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
2. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
(a) Odysseus isn't as young as he used to be.
(b) There are more than 100 suitors haunting their halls.
(c) Telemachus is untried in battle.
(d) Odysseus has suffered for many years and it's taken a toll on his body.
3. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(c) It doesn't say.
(d) Five times.
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(b) The end of the Trojan war.
(c) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
5. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
(a) From a king who sheltered him.
(b) From his wife as a wedding present.
(c) From Troy as a spoil of war.
(d) From an immortal when he was close to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors are spared in Book 22 before Eurycleia is summoned for cleaning the hall?
2. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
4. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
5. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)