|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 22, which suitor is killed first?
2. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia's news about Odysseus and the suitors?
(a) She hits her.
(b) She runs out to see.
(c) She doesn't believe her.
(d) She cries for shame.
3. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a river.
(b) He swims until he finds a beach.
(c) He swims until he finds a harbor.
(d) He swims until he finds a boat.
4. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
(a) It's the gateway home.
(b) He must see Hades and Persephone to ask for help.
(c) To see Teiresias who will tell him how to get home.
(d) He must see the fallen heroes to ask for advice.
5. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Laertes dies.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
2. In Book 19, what does Odysseus the beggar tell Penelope has kept Odysseus away so long?
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
4. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
5. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)