|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Pylos and Ephryra.
(b) Sparta and Taphos.
(c) Ephyra and Crete.
(d) Sparta and Pylos.
2. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
(a) A beautiful embroidered robe for his future bride.
(b) The text never describes her gift.
(c) A jewel that sparkled like a star.
(d) Goblets of silver to use at his wedding feast.
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's father.
(c) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(d) Nausicaa's mother.
4. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
2. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
3. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
4. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
5. Once Odysseus realizes he's in Ithaca, what does Athene advise him to do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)