|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(b) He gives word of Odysseus.
(c) He brings lavish presents.
(d) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
2. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
3. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(b) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
(c) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
(d) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
4. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
(a) Odysseus has instructed Telemachus to find the loyal servants of the house.
(b) Odysseus wants to see if Telemachus can follow the plan.
(c) He is not to tell a soul that Odysseus has returned to Ithaca alive and well.
(d) Odysseus is waiting to see how his son fares in combat.
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
3. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
5. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)