|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) After Telemachus gets married.
(d) When Laertes dies.
4. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She pours it for the men.
(b) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(c) She warms it.
(d) She adds a drug.
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
3. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
4. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
5. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)