|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
(a) A talent of gold.
(b) A warning.
(c) A nine year ox.
(d) A sack holding the winds.
2. Who gives Odysseus the bow that Penelope is using in her contest for the suitors?
3. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
4. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
(a) Nestor gives Telemachus treasure, a map and one of his sons.
(b) Nestor gives Telemachus supplies and a guide.
(c) Nestor gives Telemachus horses and one of his sons.
(d) Nestor gives Telemachus another ship and one of his sons.
5. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
2. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
3. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
4. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)