|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Sparta and Taphos.
(b) Sparta and Pylos.
(c) Ephyra and Crete.
(d) Pylos and Ephryra.
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
3. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
(b) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(c) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
(d) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
4. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(d) Mt. Olympus.
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sky blue.
(b) Sea purple.
(c) Sun-drenched gold.
(d) Meadow green.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
3. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)