|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoclymenus tell Penelope about the omen of the birds?
(a) He says that Odysseus won't make it home.
(b) He says that Odysseus is in the hall now, amongst the suitors.
(c) He says that Odysseus is already there, biding his time.
(d) He says that Odysseus will be home soon.
2. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(b) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
(c) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
(d) He wants to try for the lady.
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A blind old man.
(c) A servant of the house.
(d) A young girl.
4. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) Some cattle.
(b) More garments.
(c) A cauldron and a large tripod.
(d) More gold.
5. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
2. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
3. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
4. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
5. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)