|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(b) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(c) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(b) Gentle breeze.
(c) Enchanted sail.
4. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
(b) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(c) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(d) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
5. How does Athene disguise Odysseus on Ithaca?
(a) She makes him look like Telemachus, since Telemachus in still in Sparta.
(b) She makes him look old and dresses him in smelly rags.
(c) She makes him change his clothes and wear a mask.
(d) She just changes his eyes and hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)