|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoclymenus tell Penelope about the omen of the birds?
(a) He says that Odysseus is already there, biding his time.
(b) He says that Odysseus will be home soon.
(c) He says that Odysseus won't make it home.
(d) He says that Odysseus is in the hall now, amongst the suitors.
2. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
(d) It doesn't say.
3. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) They keep running off.
(b) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(c) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(d) The suitors feast upon them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)