|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In a storage room.
(b) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
(c) In his mother's room.
(d) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
4. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) More gold.
(b) Some cattle.
(c) More garments.
(d) A cauldron and a large tripod.
5. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
2. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)