|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 23, now that the fight with the suitors is over, what does Odysseus tell Telemachus to do?
(a) Wash, gather the others and act like there is a wedding feast.
(b) Take a ship to see Menelaus for aid.
(c) Fortify the gates and brace for an attack.
(d) Gather the assembly and explain the events before others make decisions.
2. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
(a) He never helps anyone else.
(b) They couldn't get past the boulder guarding the opening of his cave.
(c) He always screams, so they didn't believe him.
(d) Polyphemus said "No man is murdering me."
4. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
5. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) He will be King of Ithaca.
(b) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
(c) Odysseus is dead.
(d) They can stay as long as they like.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
2. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
3. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
4. Among the suitors, who tried to use the bow first?
5. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)