|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
2. How does the shepherd from the mainland treat Odysseus the beggar when he first meets him at the palace courtyard?
(a) He shows the beggar honor and respect.
(b) He greets him.
(c) He treats the beggar rudely.
(d) He ignores him completely.
3. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(b) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(c) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(d) They might not see land for days.
4. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(b) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
(c) He has to find Odysseus.
(d) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
5. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
(a) Like a mentor to a prodigy.
(b) Like a father to a long lost son.
(c) Like a brother.
(d) Like an employee who loves his boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)