|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To steal all his goods.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She warms it.
(b) She adds a drug.
(c) She pours it for the men.
(d) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
3. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He brings lavish presents.
4. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One season.
(d) One week.
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
2. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
3. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)