|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
(a) Odysseus isn't as young as he used to be.
(b) There are more than 100 suitors haunting their halls.
(c) Telemachus is untried in battle.
(d) Odysseus has suffered for many years and it's taken a toll on his body.
2. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's mother.
(b) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) One of the servants.
4. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
5. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(d) Mt. Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
2. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
3. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)