|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
2. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
3. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(b) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(c) They keep running off.
(d) The suitors feast upon them.
4. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a scholar.
(b) As a priest.
(c) As a soldier.
(d) As a pirate.
5. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
(a) Odysseus squandered his gift.
(b) Aeolus cannot give the same gift twice.
(c) Odysseus is destested by the immortals.
(d) Odysseus's crew is disobedient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
2. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
3. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
4. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)