|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
(b) Flight is best.
(c) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(d) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
2. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
(b) A land of man-eating giants.
(c) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
(d) The pleasant island of Circe.
3. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
4. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
5. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
3. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
4. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
5. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)