|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(b) They might not see land for days.
(c) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(d) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
2. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go on a quest.
(c) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(d) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
3. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
4. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(b) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(c) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
5. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
(a) A beautiful embroidered robe for his future bride.
(b) The text never describes her gift.
(c) Goblets of silver to use at his wedding feast.
(d) A jewel that sparkled like a star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
4. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)