|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
(a) Stands lookout.
(b) Takes to oar.
(c) Holds the rudder.
2. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
(a) He's wondering how he is going to slay the suitors alone.
(b) He picked an uncomfortable spot to keep up his rouse.
(c) He wishes to be in his marriage bed.
(d) With the old body that Athene has given, he has many aches and pains.
3. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sea purple.
(b) Meadow green.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Sun-drenched gold.
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
(b) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(c) Flight is best.
(d) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)