|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) A land of man-eating giants.
(b) The pleasant island of Circe.
(c) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
(d) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
3. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
(a) Athena tells him to take the murderer.
(b) Theoclymenus pays him.
(c) Theoclymenus is fleeing from punishment.
(d) Telemachus realizes he needs all the allies he can get in Ithaca.
4. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
5. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
(a) The Kraken.
(b) The Hurricanes.
(c) Tsunami-like waves.
(d) The four winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
2. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
3. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
5. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)