|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
2. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(b) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(c) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(d) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
(a) He always screams, so they didn't believe him.
(b) He never helps anyone else.
(c) Polyphemus said "No man is murdering me."
(d) They couldn't get past the boulder guarding the opening of his cave.
4. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They're bored.
(b) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(c) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(d) They've run out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
3. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
4. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
5. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)