|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sea purple.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Meadow green.
3. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
4. How does Athene disguise Odysseus on Ithaca?
(a) She makes him look old and dresses him in smelly rags.
(b) She makes him change his clothes and wear a mask.
(c) She just changes his eyes and hair.
(d) She makes him look like Telemachus, since Telemachus in still in Sparta.
5. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She uses sickness and excuses.
(b) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
(c) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(d) She uses cunning and craft.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
2. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
3. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
4. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
5. Once Odysseus realizes he's in Ithaca, what does Athene advise him to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)