|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
(a) They light torches along the hallway.
(b) Eurycleia helps them out.
(c) Odysseus the beggar carries a torch.
(d) Athene holds a golden lamp in front of them.
2. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
(a) She prays for the suitors to die.
(b) She prays for Odysseus to return.
(c) She wishes to die.
(d) She prays for a good husband.
3. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
(a) Telemachus realizes he needs all the allies he can get in Ithaca.
(b) Athena tells him to take the murderer.
(c) Theoclymenus pays him.
(d) Theoclymenus is fleeing from punishment.
4. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(a) Gentle breeze.
(b) Enchanted sail.
5. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
(a) One month.
(b) One season.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
2. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
3. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)