|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A goodly cup.
(b) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(c) A polished car.
(d) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
2. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
4. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(b) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
(c) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
(d) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
5. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
5. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)