|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
2. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
(b) He has to find Odysseus.
(c) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(d) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
(d) It doesn't say.
5. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)