|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
(a) Like an employee who loves his boss.
(b) Like a brother.
(c) Like a father to a long lost son.
(d) Like a mentor to a prodigy.
2. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(b) Always be gentle with your wife.
(c) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(d) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
3. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(c) The food has run out for the evening.
(d) Eurymachus abused a servant.
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(b) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(c) The suitors feast upon them.
(d) They keep running off.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
3. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
4. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
5. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)