|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(b) It doesn't say.
(c) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
(a) Stands lookout.
(b) Holds the rudder.
(d) Takes to oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
2. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
3. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
4. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
5. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)