|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) The suitors feast upon them.
(b) They keep running off.
(c) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(d) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(b) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(c) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(d) He taunts Polyphemus.
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) A cauldron and a large tripod.
(b) Some cattle.
(c) More gold.
(d) More garments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
2. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
3. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
4. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
5. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)