|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) With his men aboard the ship.
(b) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(c) In Nestor's garden.
(d) In the woods near Nestor's house.
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Four days.
4. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
5. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
2. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
3. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)