|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
2. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
3. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(b) The end of the Trojan war.
(c) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(d) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
4. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)