|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(b) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(c) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(d) They might not see land for days.
2. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
3. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
4. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(b) The food has run out for the evening.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
5. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
2. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)