|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Always be gentle with your wife.
(b) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(c) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(d) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look like a hero.
(b) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(c) Athena made him look natural.
(d) Athena made him look younger.
3. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
4. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
5. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
(a) He wants to hurry home because he has a bad feeling.
(b) He wants to please Zeus since they've angered him.
(c) He wants to investigate another island from which smoke can be seen.
(d) He wants to gather more treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
5. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)