|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) A woman screams and wails.
(b) Two eagles fly overhead.
(c) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
(d) Lightning strikes a tree.
2. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
(a) A well-wrought bowl made by Hephaestus.
(b) A cauldron used by the oracles.
(c) A pair of mules.
(d) A tapestry woven by Athena.
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
4. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's going to go on a trip.
(b) His father is alive.
(c) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(d) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
4. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)