|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(b) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(c) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
2. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He slaughtered some horses.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
4. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is completely deaf.
(b) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
(c) He is a son of a Muse.
(d) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
5. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
(a) He goes into the woods and finds a couple of shrubs to provide shelter and comfort.
(b) He decides to go into the hills to find a cave.
(c) He creates a makeshift shelter with nearby debris.
(d) A man approaches and shows him a place used by hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
2. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
3. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
4. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
5. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)