|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(b) He taunts Polyphemus.
(c) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(d) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
4. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
(a) He tells the others that Circe will be kind if Odysseus is there.
(b) He tells the others it's a trap.
(c) He tells the others to trust Odysseus.
(d) He tells the others it was Odysseus' fault that the others have perished, and that Odysseus is reckless.
5. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
(b) There is no safe harbor.
(c) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
2. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
5. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)