|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
(a) He creates a makeshift shelter with nearby debris.
(b) A man approaches and shows him a place used by hunters.
(c) He decides to go into the hills to find a cave.
(d) He goes into the woods and finds a couple of shrubs to provide shelter and comfort.
2. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's father.
(c) Nausicaa's mother.
(d) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
4. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He brings lavish presents.
(c) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(d) He gives word of Odysseus.
5. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
(a) Odysseus isn't as young as he used to be.
(b) There are more than 100 suitors haunting their halls.
(c) Odysseus has suffered for many years and it's taken a toll on his body.
(d) Telemachus is untried in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
4. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
5. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)