|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) It doesn't say.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Five times.
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(b) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(c) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(d) He taunts Polyphemus.
4. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
5. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's in her grotto asleep.
(b) He's crying on the beach.
(c) He's swimming.
(d) He's out in the forest building a hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
2. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
3. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
4. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
5. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)