|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) A woman screams and wails.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree.
(c) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
(d) Two eagles fly overhead.
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He taunts Polyphemus.
(b) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(c) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(d) He spurs his crew to go faster.
4. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(b) Mt. Olympus.
5. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
2. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
4. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)