|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The end of the Trojan war.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(d) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
3. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
4. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
(a) He wants to hurry home because he has a bad feeling.
(b) He wants to investigate another island from which smoke can be seen.
(c) He wants to gather more treasure.
(d) He wants to please Zeus since they've angered him.
5. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
(a) It's the gateway home.
(b) To see Teiresias who will tell him how to get home.
(c) He must see the fallen heroes to ask for advice.
(d) He must see Hades and Persephone to ask for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
2. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)