|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
4. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
(a) It was contest to win Achilles' armor.
(b) It was for honor after they insulted each other.
(c) It was a sporting contest.
(d) It was for the gods' amusement.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
2. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
5. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)