|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
3. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
4. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
5. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to stay and question more spirits.
(b) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(c) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
(d) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
2. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
5. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)