|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) Like a father to a long lost son.
(c) Like an employee who loves his boss.
(d) Like a mentor to a prodigy.
3. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
5. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Four years.
(b) More than three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) A couple of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
2. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)