|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(d) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
3. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
(b) Takes to oar.
(c) Stands lookout.
(d) Holds the rudder.
4. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) They were pirating.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) His pilot died.
(d) They endured rough seas and wind.
5. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
3. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)