|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(b) To steal all his goods.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To take Penelope away.
2. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
3. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(b) The suitors feast upon them.
(c) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(d) They keep running off.
4. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
3. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
4. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
5. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)