|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(b) Always be gentle with your wife.
(c) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(d) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A polished car.
(b) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(c) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(d) A goodly cup.
3. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) Four years.
(c) More than three years.
(d) Six years.
4. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
(a) He's been gone too long.
(b) The Phaecians brought him to another island.
(c) Athene has spread a cloud, obscurring him.
(d) He is unfamiliar with this part of Ithaca.
5. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
2. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
5. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)