|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) More than three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) A couple of years.
2. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
(b) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(c) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(d) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
3. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
(a) A beautiful embroidered robe for his future bride.
(b) The text never describes her gift.
(c) Goblets of silver to use at his wedding feast.
(d) A jewel that sparkled like a star.
4. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
5. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He was disoriented.
(b) No winds stirred.
(c) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(d) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
3. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
4. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)