|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
(d) There is no safe harbor.
2. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Sparta and Pylos.
(b) Pylos and Ephryra.
(c) Sparta and Taphos.
(d) Ephyra and Crete.
3. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A raft.
(b) A magic sail.
(c) A ride on dolphins.
(d) A veil.
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
4. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
5. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)