|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(c) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(d) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(d) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
4. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
(a) Goblets of silver to use at his wedding feast.
(b) A beautiful embroidered robe for his future bride.
(c) A jewel that sparkled like a star.
(d) The text never describes her gift.
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He brings lavish presents.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He brings a warning to the suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
3. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
4. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
5. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)