|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
2. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) More gold.
(b) Some cattle.
(c) More garments.
(d) A cauldron and a large tripod.
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
4. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's in her grotto asleep.
(b) He's crying on the beach.
(c) He's out in the forest building a hut.
(d) He's swimming.
5. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(b) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
2. Once Odysseus realizes he's in Ithaca, what does Athene advise him to do?
3. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
4. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)