|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(b) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(c) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(d) They might not see land for days.
2. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Always be gentle with your wife.
(b) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(c) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(d) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
3. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) A land of man-eating giants.
(b) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
(c) The pleasant island of Circe.
(d) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
4. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
2. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
4. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)