|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He has to find Odysseus.
(b) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
(c) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(d) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
3. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To take Penelope away.
(b) To kill him on the open sea.
(c) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(d) To steal all his goods.
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
3. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
4. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
5. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)