|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
3. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Four years.
(b) More than three years.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) Six years.
4. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
5. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
2. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
3. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
4. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)