|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) They might not see land for days.
(b) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(c) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(d) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Meadow green.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sea purple.
(d) Sky blue.
3. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
4. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
(a) A man approaches and shows him a place used by hunters.
(b) He goes into the woods and finds a couple of shrubs to provide shelter and comfort.
(c) He decides to go into the hills to find a cave.
(d) He creates a makeshift shelter with nearby debris.
5. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never fought side by side during the war.
(b) They never differed at council during the war.
(c) They never agreed at council during the war.
(d) They never spoke those nine years at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
2. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
3. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)