|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never fought side by side during the war.
(b) They never agreed at council during the war.
(c) They never differed at council during the war.
(d) They never spoke those nine years at war.
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
4. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
(b) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(c) She uses cunning and craft.
(d) She uses sickness and excuses.
5. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) The pleasant island of Circe.
(b) A land of man-eating giants.
(c) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
(d) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
5. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)