|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(b) Continue behaving as they have been.
(c) It's time to go home.
(d) To court other women, too.
2. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Always be gentle with your wife.
(b) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(c) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(d) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
3. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
4. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
(a) Go back to Aeaea and observe his funeral rites.
(b) Take care of his father, Laertes.
(c) Make more sacrifices at each place he stops.
(d) Kill one of his men because the gods detest him.
5. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
2. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
4. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)