|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
(b) It doesn't say.
2. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(c) She's worried about her reputation.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
4. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
(a) Stands lookout.
(b) Holds the rudder.
(d) Takes to oar.
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
(a) It was a sporting contest.
(b) It was for the gods' amusement.
(c) It was for honor after they insulted each other.
(d) It was contest to win Achilles' armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
3. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)