|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
(a) He must see Hades and Persephone to ask for help.
(b) It's the gateway home.
(c) To see Teiresias who will tell him how to get home.
(d) He must see the fallen heroes to ask for advice.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
3. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(b) His father is alive.
(c) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(d) He's going to go on a trip.
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To take Penelope away.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To steal all his goods.
5. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Five times.
(d) It doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
2. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
3. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
4. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
5. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)