|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) To court other women, too.
(b) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(c) It's time to go home.
(d) Continue behaving as they have been.
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A blind old man.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A servant of the house.
(d) A young page.
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
2. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
5. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)