|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
(a) Nestor gives Telemachus another ship and one of his sons.
(b) Nestor gives Telemachus treasure, a map and one of his sons.
(c) Nestor gives Telemachus horses and one of his sons.
(d) Nestor gives Telemachus supplies and a guide.
2. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
3. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
(b) He is completely deaf.
(c) He is a son of a Muse.
(d) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
4. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
(a) Odysseus squandered his gift.
(b) Aeolus cannot give the same gift twice.
(c) Odysseus is destested by the immortals.
(d) Odysseus's crew is disobedient.
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(d) She wants to find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
3. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
4. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
5. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)