|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) No winds stirred.
(b) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(c) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(d) He was disoriented.
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(c) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
5. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(b) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(c) A goodly cup.
(d) A polished car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
3. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
4. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
5. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)