|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She warms it.
(b) She adds a drug.
(c) She pours it for the men.
(d) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
2. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
(a) Kill one of his men because the gods detest him.
(b) Take care of his father, Laertes.
(c) Make more sacrifices at each place he stops.
(d) Go back to Aeaea and observe his funeral rites.
3. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
4. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to stay and question more spirits.
(b) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(c) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
(d) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
5. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
2. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
5. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)