|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
2. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Six years.
(b) More than three years.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) Four years.
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never agreed at council during the war.
(b) They never spoke those nine years at war.
(c) They never differed at council during the war.
(d) They never fought side by side during the war.
5. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
3. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)