|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(b) He taunts Polyphemus.
(c) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(d) He spurs his crew to go faster.
4. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
(a) He tells the others to trust Odysseus.
(b) He tells the others that Circe will be kind if Odysseus is there.
(c) He tells the others it's a trap.
(d) He tells the others it was Odysseus' fault that the others have perished, and that Odysseus is reckless.
5. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go on a quest.
(c) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
(d) Thrust the suitors from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
2. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
3. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)