|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried about her reputation.
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(b) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(c) He taunts Polyphemus.
(d) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
5. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(b) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(c) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(d) The end of the Trojan war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
3. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)