|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) No winds stirred.
(b) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(c) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(d) He was disoriented.
2. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
(a) He tells the others it's a trap.
(b) He tells the others to trust Odysseus.
(c) He tells the others it was Odysseus' fault that the others have perished, and that Odysseus is reckless.
(d) He tells the others that Circe will be kind if Odysseus is there.
3. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
(a) The Hurricanes.
(b) Tsunami-like waves.
(c) The Kraken.
(d) The four winds.
4. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings lavish presents.
(b) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A veil.
(b) A ride on dolphins.
(c) A magic sail.
(d) A raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
2. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
3. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
5. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)