|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's going to go on a trip.
(b) His father is alive.
(c) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(d) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
2. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
3. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(a) Enchanted sail.
(b) Gentle breeze.
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
5. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
4. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
5. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)