|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
(a) He wants to investigate another island from which smoke can be seen.
(b) He wants to hurry home because he has a bad feeling.
(c) He wants to please Zeus since they've angered him.
(d) He wants to gather more treasure.
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(b) They are to wash his clothes too.
(c) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(d) They are to keep away from this stranger.
3. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(b) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(c) The end of the Trojan war.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
4. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
5. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)