|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
(c) There is no safe harbor.
(d) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
3. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To steal all his goods.
(b) To kill him on the open sea.
(c) To take Penelope away.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
4. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Five times.
(d) It doesn't say.
5. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
3. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
4. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
5. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)