|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
2. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
3. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
(b) He is completely deaf.
(c) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
(d) He is a son of a Muse.
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The end of the Trojan war.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
5. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
3. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)