|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) A woman screams and wails.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree.
(c) Two eagles fly overhead.
(d) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
4. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(b) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(c) Always be gentle with your wife.
(d) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
2. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
5. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)