|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(b) Mt. Olympus.
2. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings lavish presents.
(b) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(c) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(d) He gives word of Odysseus.
3. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
(b) He will be King of Ithaca.
(c) They can stay as long as they like.
(d) Odysseus is dead.
4. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(b) To steal all his goods.
(c) To take Penelope away.
(d) To kill him on the open sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
2. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
3. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
4. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)