|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He slaughtered some horses.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
2. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To take Penelope away.
(b) To steal all his goods.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
3. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
4. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She uses cunning and craft.
(b) She uses sickness and excuses.
(c) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(d) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
5. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
3. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
4. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
5. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)