|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a river.
(b) He swims until he finds a harbor.
(c) He swims until he finds a boat.
(d) He swims until he finds a beach.
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to find a husband.
(b) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
4. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He slaughtered some horses.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
5. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(b) Gentle breeze.
(c) Enchanted sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
4. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
5. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)