|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) To court other women, too.
(b) Continue behaving as they have been.
(c) It's time to go home.
(d) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
2. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
(b) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
(c) There is no safe harbor.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
(a) He never helps anyone else.
(b) He always screams, so they didn't believe him.
(c) They couldn't get past the boulder guarding the opening of his cave.
(d) Polyphemus said "No man is murdering me."
4. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(b) She warms it.
(c) She adds a drug.
(d) She pours it for the men.
5. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
(a) Nestor gives Telemachus horses and one of his sons.
(b) Nestor gives Telemachus treasure, a map and one of his sons.
(c) Nestor gives Telemachus supplies and a guide.
(d) Nestor gives Telemachus another ship and one of his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
2. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
4. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)