|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(b) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(c) He is completely naked.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(b) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She needs to bathe.
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. How many men does Odysseus lose to the Cyclops?
5. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
2. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
4. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)