|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
3. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(b) Athena made him look like a hero.
(c) Athena made him look natural.
(d) Athena made him look younger.
5. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
(a) A spotless robe and tunic and a talent of gold.
(b) A slave and a chest of gold.
(c) A chest of gold each, and a well-wrought libations cup.
(d) A chest of gold and a chest of silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
3. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
4. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)