|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's crying on the beach.
(b) He's swimming.
(c) He's in her grotto asleep.
(d) He's out in the forest building a hut.
2. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
(a) One season.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
(a) He tells the others to trust Odysseus.
(b) He tells the others it's a trap.
(c) He tells the others that Circe will be kind if Odysseus is there.
(d) He tells the others it was Odysseus' fault that the others have perished, and that Odysseus is reckless.
4. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(b) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(c) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
5. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree.
(c) A woman screams and wails.
(d) Two eagles fly overhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
2. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
3. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
4. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
5. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)