|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
2. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) The pleasant island of Circe.
(b) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
(c) A land of man-eating giants.
(d) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
3. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(c) Enchanted sail.
(d) Gentle breeze.
4. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
5. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
(a) To see Teiresias who will tell him how to get home.
(b) It's the gateway home.
(c) He must see Hades and Persephone to ask for help.
(d) He must see the fallen heroes to ask for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)