|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(b) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(c) A polished car.
(d) A goodly cup.
3. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
4. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(b) He brings lavish presents.
(c) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(d) He gives word of Odysseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
2. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
5. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)