|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(d) Telemachus isn't coming back.
4. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(d) He slaughtered some horses.
5. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)