|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
(a) When he enters the castle.
(b) Before he gets to the castle.
(c) When he throws his arms around Arete's knees.
(d) While he stares at the abundant garden.
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(b) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(c) A goodly cup.
(d) A polished car.
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
2. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
3. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)