|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look younger.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
5. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(b) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(c) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(d) The end of the Trojan war.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
2. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)