|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The end of the Trojan war.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(d) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
3. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) Four years.
(c) More than three years.
(d) Six years.
5. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(c) Mt. Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
3. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)