|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(c) He killed his own crew.
(d) He slaughtered some horses.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to find a husband.
(b) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
2. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
3. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
4. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
5. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)