|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
(a) A man approaches and shows him a place used by hunters.
(b) He decides to go into the hills to find a cave.
(c) He goes into the woods and finds a couple of shrubs to provide shelter and comfort.
(d) He creates a makeshift shelter with nearby debris.
2. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
3. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
4. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
5. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
4. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)