|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
(a) He wants to gather more treasure.
(b) He wants to investigate another island from which smoke can be seen.
(c) He wants to please Zeus since they've angered him.
(d) He wants to hurry home because he has a bad feeling.
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
4. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She wants to find a husband.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
4. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)