|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
4. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(b) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(c) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(d) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A magic sail.
(b) A veil.
(c) A raft.
(d) A ride on dolphins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
4. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
5. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)