|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(b) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(c) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(d) He taunts Polyphemus.
2. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
(a) He never helps anyone else.
(b) He always screams, so they didn't believe him.
(c) They couldn't get past the boulder guarding the opening of his cave.
(d) Polyphemus said "No man is murdering me."
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
2. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
3. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)