|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
3. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(b) He was disoriented.
(c) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(d) No winds stirred.
4. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) A woman screams and wails.
(b) Two eagles fly overhead.
(c) Lightning strikes a tree.
(d) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
5. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) There is no safe harbor.
(b) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
2. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
3. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)