|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
2. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To take Penelope away.
3. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
4. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(d) Odysseus' problems are his own.
5. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
4. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)