|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) There is no safe harbor.
(d) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
2. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
3. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
4. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) No winds stirred.
(c) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(d) He was disoriented.
5. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
(a) Tsunami-like waves.
(b) The four winds.
(c) The Hurricanes.
(d) The Kraken.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
3. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)