|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(b) The gods.
2. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
(a) Phaecians don't like strangers.
(b) She doesn't want Odysseus to get distracted.
(c) Phaecians are so friendly that he might be offered hospitality before he reaches Alcinous' palace.
(d) She doesn't want her uncle, Poseidon, to see that Odysseus has landed safely.
3. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Six years.
(b) A couple of years.
(c) More than three years.
(d) Four years.
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) Continue behaving as they have been.
(c) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(d) To court other women, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
2. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)