|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) Continue behaving as they have been.
(c) To court other women, too.
(d) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
2. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
(a) He decides to go into the hills to find a cave.
(b) He goes into the woods and finds a couple of shrubs to provide shelter and comfort.
(c) He creates a makeshift shelter with nearby debris.
(d) A man approaches and shows him a place used by hunters.
3. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A veil.
(b) A raft.
(c) A magic sail.
(d) A ride on dolphins.
4. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
3. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
4. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)