|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
2. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
3. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
(b) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(c) He taunts Polyphemus.
(d) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
2. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
3. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
4. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
5. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)