|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
2. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a river.
(b) He swims until he finds a harbor.
(c) He swims until he finds a boat.
(d) He swims until he finds a beach.
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
4. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
5. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
2. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
3. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
4. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)