|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a beach.
(b) He swims until he finds a river.
(c) He swims until he finds a boat.
(d) He swims until he finds a harbor.
2. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
(a) A highly populated island filled with warlike people.
(b) An unspoiled land filled with goats.
(c) A land of man-eating giants.
(d) The pleasant island of Circe.
3. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
5. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
(a) The Kraken.
(b) The four winds.
(c) Tsunami-like waves.
(d) The Hurricanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
2. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
5. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)