|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
2. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
3. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look like a hero.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look younger.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
2. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
4. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)