|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A blind old man.
(b) A servant of the house.
(c) A young page.
(d) A young girl.
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(b) Go on a quest.
(c) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(b) He is completely naked.
(c) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
2. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
5. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)