|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. Odysseus and his men have just landed on an island after the lotus-eaters. Why does Odysseus leave this place the next morning?
(a) He wants to please Zeus since they've angered him.
(b) He wants to gather more treasure.
(c) He wants to hurry home because he has a bad feeling.
(d) He wants to investigate another island from which smoke can be seen.
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Meadow green.
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Sun-drenched gold.
(d) Sea purple.
4. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
5. As Odysseus and his men push away from the Cyclops island, what does Odysseus do?
(a) He spurs his crew to go faster.
(b) He taunts Polyphemus.
(c) He mourns the loss of his crewmen.
(d) He prays to the gods for deliverance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
3. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)