|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) In Nestor's garden.
(b) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(c) With his men aboard the ship.
(d) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
2. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Sparta and Pylos.
(b) Pylos and Ephryra.
(c) Ephyra and Crete.
(d) Sparta and Taphos.
3. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's father.
(b) Nausicaa's mother.
(c) One of the servants.
(d) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)