|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. In Book 5, who orders Odysseus' release from Calypso?
3. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) Continue behaving as they have been.
(c) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(d) To court other women, too.
4. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) No winds stirred.
(b) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(c) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(d) He was disoriented.
5. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Six years.
(b) A couple of years.
(c) Four years.
(d) More than three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
2. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
3. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
4. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)