|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
3. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a boat.
(b) He swims until he finds a beach.
(c) He swims until he finds a river.
(d) He swims until he finds a harbor.
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sea purple.
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Meadow green.
(d) Sun-drenched gold.
5. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) His pilot died.
(b) They were pirating.
(c) They endured rough seas and wind.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
2. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)