|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calypso gives Odysseus many things to help him on his way including supplies for making his ship, provisions for his journey, and a(n) _____________.
(b) Enchanted sail.
(c) Gentle breeze.
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(b) In Nestor's garden.
(c) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(d) With his men aboard the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
3. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
5. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)