|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(c) He slaughtered some horses.
(d) He killed his own crew.
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A ride on dolphins.
(b) A raft.
(c) A veil.
(d) A magic sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
2. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
4. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
5. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)