|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(b) The gods.
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(b) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(c) With his men aboard the ship.
(d) In Nestor's garden.
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
5. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
2. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
3. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
4. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
5. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)