|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
2. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(b) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(c) His father is alive.
(d) He's going to go on a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
4. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)