|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(b) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
(a) The Kraken.
(b) The four winds.
(c) The Hurricanes.
(d) Tsunami-like waves.
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(b) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
(c) Go on a quest.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
2. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
3. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)