|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
3. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's out in the forest building a hut.
(b) He's in her grotto asleep.
(c) He's crying on the beach.
(d) He's swimming.
4. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(d) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
5. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
(b) He has to find Odysseus.
(c) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(d) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
2. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)