|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) In Nestor's garden.
(b) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(c) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(d) With his men aboard the ship.
2. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
(b) Mt. Olympus.
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
4. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
(a) The sea is deep as it ends abruptly on the steep bluff.
(b) There is no safe harbor.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The coast is a bluff and jagged reefs.
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
3. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)