|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(b) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
(c) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
(d) He has to find Odysseus.
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
4. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five days.
5. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She adds a drug.
(b) She pours it for the men.
(c) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(d) She warms it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. After his battle with Poseidon in Book 5, where does Odysseus find shelter in the land on which he has just arrived?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)