|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(c) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
2. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
3. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
(a) A veil.
(b) A ride on dolphins.
(c) A raft.
(d) A magic sail.
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)