|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) More than three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) A couple of years.
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Seven years.
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(c) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(d) He is wearing Ino's veil.
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(b) He's going to go on a trip.
(c) His father is alive.
(d) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to wash his clothes too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
2. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
3. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
4. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)