|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He slaughtered some horses.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
2. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(b) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
3. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)