|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He slaughtered some horses.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
2. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
(b) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(b) Athena made him look younger.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look natural.
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(b) He is completely naked.
(c) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings lavish presents.
(b) He gives word of Odysseus.
(c) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(d) He brings a warning to the suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
5. Where is Poseidon coming from when he sees Odysseus on his raft in Book 5?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)