|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree.
(b) A woman screams and wails.
(c) Two eagles fly overhead.
(d) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
2. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) Continue behaving as they have been.
(b) To court other women, too.
(c) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(d) It's time to go home.
3. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He brings lavish presents.
4. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
5. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(d) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
2. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
5. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)