|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to wash his clothes too.
(b) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(c) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Five times.
(d) It doesn't say.
3. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
4. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
(b) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(c) Go on a quest.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(b) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having left Ogygia and survived Poseidon's attack, what is Odysseus' new problem, now that he spots land?
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)