|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) Continue behaving as they have been.
(b) To court other women, too.
(c) It's time to go home.
(d) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
3. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
4. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
(b) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(c) His father is alive.
(d) He's going to go on a trip.
5. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Four days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. What does Poseidon call to disrupt Odysseus' easy passage to Phaecia?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)