|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
4. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)