|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
3. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She uses sickness and excuses.
(b) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
(c) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(d) She uses cunning and craft.
4. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He was disoriented.
(b) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(c) No winds stirred.
(d) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
5. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
3. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)