|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(b) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
(d) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
2. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
3. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) His father is alive.
(b) He's going to go on a trip.
(c) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(d) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(b) In Nestor's garden.
(c) With his men aboard the ship.
(d) In the woods near Nestor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
3. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
4. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)