|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To take Penelope away.
2. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(b) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(c) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(d) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
3. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
4. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
5. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(b) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
2. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
3. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
4. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
5. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)