|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He killed his own crew.
(b) He slaughtered some horses.
(c) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
3. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
4. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
5. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree.
(b) A woman screams and wails.
(c) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
(d) Two eagles fly overhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)