|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(b) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
2. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
3. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
4. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree.
(b) A woman screams and wails.
(c) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
(d) Two eagles fly overhead.
5. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)