|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) In Nestor's garden.
(b) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(c) With his men aboard the ship.
(d) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
5. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
2. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
3. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
4. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
5. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)