|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) They endured rough seas and wind.
(b) His pilot died.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) They were pirating.
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never differed at council during the war.
(b) They never agreed at council during the war.
(c) They never fought side by side during the war.
(d) They never spoke those nine years at war.
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(c) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(a) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
2. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
3. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
4. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
5. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)