|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(b) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(c) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(d) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) His father is alive.
(b) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(c) He's going to go on a trip.
(d) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)