|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) Go on a quest.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(d) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
2. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) He slaughtered some horses.
(c) He killed his own crew.
(d) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
4. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(b) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
(c) He has to find Odysseus.
(d) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
3. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
5. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)