|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
2. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
(a) Nestor gives Telemachus supplies and a guide.
(b) Nestor gives Telemachus horses and one of his sons.
(c) Nestor gives Telemachus another ship and one of his sons.
(d) Nestor gives Telemachus treasure, a map and one of his sons.
3. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
4. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Sparta and Pylos.
(b) Sparta and Taphos.
(c) Pylos and Ephryra.
(d) Ephyra and Crete.
5. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)