|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
2. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
3. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
2. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
3. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
4. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
5. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)