|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
3. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She warms it.
(b) She adds a drug.
(c) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(d) She pours it for the men.
4. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
5. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
2. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
3. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)