|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A goodly cup.
(b) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(c) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(d) A polished car.
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(c) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
3. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
4. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(b) It doesn't say.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Five times.
5. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
3. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
5. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)