|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) They can stay as long as they like.
(b) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
(c) He will be King of Ithaca.
(d) Odysseus is dead.
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) In Nestor's garden.
(b) With his men aboard the ship.
(c) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(d) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
3. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(c) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
4. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
5. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)