|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never differed at council during the war.
(b) They never spoke those nine years at war.
(c) They never agreed at council during the war.
(d) They never fought side by side during the war.
3. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) He will be King of Ithaca.
(b) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
(c) They can stay as long as they like.
(d) Odysseus is dead.
4. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
5. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(b) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
2. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
3. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
4. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Who interrupts Phemius' sad song of the Achaeans in Book 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)