|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
2. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) They can stay as long as they like.
(b) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
(c) Odysseus is dead.
(d) He will be King of Ithaca.
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
(a) He's been visited by the goddess Athena, and they should change their ways.
(b) His father is alive.
(c) He's going to go on a trip.
(d) He's going to call a meeting of the assembly and formally ask the suitors to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
4. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)