|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She pours it for the men.
(b) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(c) She adds a drug.
(d) She warms it.
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Five times.
(c) It doesn't say.
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(b) To kill him on the open sea.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To take Penelope away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)