|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
2. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
3. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(b) A goodly cup.
(c) A polished car.
(d) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
4. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(b) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
(d) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
2. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
5. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)