|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Five times.
(b) It doesn't say.
(d) Ten times.
2. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To take Penelope away.
3. What is the purpose of Telemachus' quest?
(a) He has to find Odysseus.
(b) He has to appeal to the gods for help.
(c) He has to assemble an army of heroes.
(d) He is to find word or rumor about Odysseus and his fate.
4. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(b) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(c) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He brings lavish presents.
(b) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
3. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
5. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)