|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
2. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
3. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
2. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
3. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
4. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
5. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)