|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
(a) Odysseus is dead.
(b) He will be King of Ithaca.
(c) They can stay as long as they like.
(d) Odysseus is alive, and he's going to find him.
3. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(d) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
5. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He gives word of Odysseus.
(c) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(d) He brings lavish presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
2. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
3. What announcement does Telemachus make to the suitors of his hall in Book 1?
4. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
5. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)