|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
4. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
5. Where does Calypso find Odysseus to tell him the news of his ordered release in Book 5?
(a) He's swimming.
(b) He's out in the forest building a hut.
(c) He's in her grotto asleep.
(d) He's crying on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
2. Who tells Telemachus that it's time for him to behave like a man, not a child?
3. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
5. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)