Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Ten times.
(c) It doesn't say.
(d) Five times.
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
3. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
4. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
5. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) His pilot died.
(b) They endured rough seas and wind.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) They were pirating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
3. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)