|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(c) To take Penelope away.
(d) To steal all his goods.
2. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
(a) He tells the others to trust Odysseus.
(b) He tells the others that Circe will be kind if Odysseus is there.
(c) He tells the others it was Odysseus' fault that the others have perished, and that Odysseus is reckless.
(d) He tells the others it's a trap.
3. Which suitor scorns Odysseus the beggar at the second feast which he attends, in Book 20?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(b) In Nestor's garden.
(c) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(d) With his men aboard the ship.
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) To court other women, too.
(c) Continue behaving as they have been.
(d) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)