|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A servant of the house.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A blind old man.
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(b) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(c) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
(d) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
3. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
4. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
(a) It was for the gods' amusement.
(b) It was a sporting contest.
(c) It was contest to win Achilles' armor.
(d) It was for honor after they insulted each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
2. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
3. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
4. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)