|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Telemachus skeptical that he and Odysseus can handle the suitors without help?
(a) There are more than 100 suitors haunting their halls.
(b) Odysseus isn't as young as he used to be.
(c) Odysseus has suffered for many years and it's taken a toll on his body.
(d) Telemachus is untried in battle.
2. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
3. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(b) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(c) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
(d) Flight is best.
4. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
(a) Eurycleia helps them out.
(b) They light torches along the hallway.
(c) Athene holds a golden lamp in front of them.
(d) Odysseus the beggar carries a torch.
5. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is completely deaf.
(b) He is a son of a Muse.
(c) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
(d) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
4. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
5. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)