|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The end of the Trojan war.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
3. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) The suitors feast upon them.
(b) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(c) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(d) They keep running off.
4. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Always be gentle with your wife.
(b) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(c) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(d) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
5. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Laertes dies.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
3. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
4. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
5. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)