|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
2. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
3. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The end of the Trojan war.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(d) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
4. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's mother.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 19, what does Odysseus the beggar tell Penelope has kept Odysseus away so long?
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
3. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)