|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) It's time to go home.
(b) To court other women, too.
(c) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(d) Continue behaving as they have been.
2. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(b) They don't really care about the fight.
(c) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(d) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
3. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(b) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
(c) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
(d) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
4. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
5. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(b) The old man has muscular thighs.
(c) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(d) Irus sees his muscular chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
3. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
4. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)