|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
3. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) The food has run out for the evening.
(c) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(d) Eurymachus abused a servant.
4. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
5. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
(a) He picked an uncomfortable spot to keep up his rouse.
(b) With the old body that Athene has given, he has many aches and pains.
(c) He's wondering how he is going to slay the suitors alone.
(d) He wishes to be in his marriage bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odysseus have to go to Hades in Book 10?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
4. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)