|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
2. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
(b) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(c) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
(d) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
3. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
(a) Theoclymenus is fleeing from punishment.
(b) Theoclymenus pays him.
(c) Athena tells him to take the murderer.
(d) Telemachus realizes he needs all the allies he can get in Ithaca.
4. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
(a) A sack holding the winds.
(b) A warning.
(c) A nine year ox.
(d) A talent of gold.
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
2. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
3. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
4. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
5. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)