|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(d) Athena made him look like a hero.
2. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
3. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(b) To kill him on the open sea.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To take Penelope away.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(b) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(c) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(d) The food has run out for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurylochus react when Odysseus tells his crew to follow him to Circe's house?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
3. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)