|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
3. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She uses sickness and excuses.
(b) She uses cunning and craft.
(c) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(d) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
5. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)