|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
2. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
3. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(b) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(c) The old man has muscular thighs.
(d) Irus sees his muscular chest.
4. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
(a) Before he gets to the castle.
(b) While he stares at the abundant garden.
(c) When he enters the castle.
(d) When he throws his arms around Arete's knees.
5. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
(a) Athene holds a golden lamp in front of them.
(b) Odysseus the beggar carries a torch.
(c) Eurycleia helps them out.
(d) They light torches along the hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
2. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
3. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
4. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
5. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)