|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
(a) She notices his birthmark.
(b) She recognizes his style of speech.
(c) She feels his scar when when she washes his feet.
(d) She recognizes his voice.
2. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a priest.
(b) As a pirate.
(c) As a scholar.
(d) As a soldier.
3. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(b) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(c) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(d) Always be gentle with your wife.
4. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
(a) Clytius' house.
(b) Odysseus' house.
(c) They were left on the ship.
(d) The farm.
5. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(b) Irus sees his muscular chest.
(c) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(d) The old man has muscular thighs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
2. Which suitor scorns Odysseus the beggar at the second feast which he attends, in Book 20?
3. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
4. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
5. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)