|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
(a) Athena tells him to take the murderer.
(b) Theoclymenus is fleeing from punishment.
(c) Theoclymenus pays him.
(d) Telemachus realizes he needs all the allies he can get in Ithaca.
2. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
(b) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(c) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(d) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
3. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
(a) It was contest to win Achilles' armor.
(b) It was a sporting contest.
(c) It was for the gods' amusement.
(d) It was for honor after they insulted each other.
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
5. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In his mother's room.
(b) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
(c) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
(d) In a storage room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
5. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)