|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
(a) Aeolus cannot give the same gift twice.
(b) Odysseus squandered his gift.
(c) Odysseus's crew is disobedient.
(d) Odysseus is destested by the immortals.
3. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They never die or have young.
(b) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(c) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(d) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
4. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
(a) The farm.
(b) Odysseus' house.
(c) Clytius' house.
(d) They were left on the ship.
5. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
4. What does Circe turn Odysseus' crew into in Book 10?
5. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)