|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. What does Aeolus give Odysseus in Book 10?
(a) A sack holding the winds.
(b) A nine year ox.
(c) A talent of gold.
(d) A warning.
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Laertes dies.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
2. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
3. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
4. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
5. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)