|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
2. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
3. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
4. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sea purple.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Meadow green.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
2. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
3. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
4. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
5. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)