|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(b) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
(c) To be the sole beggar of the house.
(d) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
2. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A servant of the house.
(d) A blind old man.
3. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In his mother's room.
(b) In a storage room.
(c) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
(d) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
4. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
(a) Odysseus squandered his gift.
(b) Odysseus's crew is disobedient.
(c) Aeolus cannot give the same gift twice.
(d) Odysseus is destested by the immortals.
5. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
3. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
4. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)