|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In his mother's room.
(b) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
(c) In a storage room.
(d) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
2. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
3. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(b) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) The food has run out for the evening.
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
5. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
(a) Continue behaving as they have been.
(b) It's time to give something back to Telemachus and his estate.
(c) To court other women, too.
(d) It's time to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
2. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
3. Why doesn't Aeolus help Odysseus again?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)