|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Odysseus and his men stay with Circe in Book 10?
(a) One season.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(c) They are to wash his clothes too.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
3. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In his mother's room.
(b) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
(c) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
(d) In a storage room.
4. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
4. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
5. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)