|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The food has run out for the evening.
(b) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(c) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(d) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
4. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
(a) She recognizes his voice.
(b) She notices his birthmark.
(c) She feels his scar when when she washes his feet.
(d) She recognizes his style of speech.
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
(a) When he enters the castle.
(b) When he throws his arms around Arete's knees.
(c) While he stares at the abundant garden.
(d) Before he gets to the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
4. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)