|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
2. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A blind old man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A servant of the house.
4. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
(a) Nestor gives Telemachus supplies and a guide.
(b) Nestor gives Telemachus another ship and one of his sons.
(c) Nestor gives Telemachus horses and one of his sons.
(d) Nestor gives Telemachus treasure, a map and one of his sons.
5. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He was disoriented.
(b) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(c) No winds stirred.
(d) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
5. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)