|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
3. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
(a) She doesn't want her uncle, Poseidon, to see that Odysseus has landed safely.
(b) Phaecians are so friendly that he might be offered hospitality before he reaches Alcinous' palace.
(c) Phaecians don't like strangers.
(d) She doesn't want Odysseus to get distracted.
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(b) Nausicaa's mother.
(c) One of the servants.
(d) Nausicaa's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
3. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)