|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
4. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
(a) Six years.
(b) A couple of years.
(c) Four years.
(d) More than three years.
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
2. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
5. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)