|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Seven years.
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She pours it for the men.
(b) She warms it.
(c) She adds a drug.
(d) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
3. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) No winds stirred.
(c) He wanted to acquire more treasure.
(d) He was disoriented.
4. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
5. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
2. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
5. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)