|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
2. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(b) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(c) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(d) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
3. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Ephyra and Crete.
(b) Sparta and Taphos.
(c) Pylos and Ephryra.
(d) Sparta and Pylos.
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(b) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to wash his clothes too.
5. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
2. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)