|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(c) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
3. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A blind old man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A servant of the house.
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's mother.
(b) One of the servants.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
(a) While he stares at the abundant garden.
(b) When he enters the castle.
(c) Before he gets to the castle.
(d) When he throws his arms around Arete's knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)