|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A blind old man.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young page.
(d) A servant of the house.
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A polished car.
(b) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
(c) A goodly cup.
(d) A well-wrought silver bowl.
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(c) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(d) He is wearing Ino's veil.
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(b) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(c) In Nestor's garden.
(d) With his men aboard the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
2. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)