|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is bringing an army.
2. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To steal all his goods.
(d) To kill him on the open sea.
5. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A young page.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A blind old man.
(d) A servant of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)