|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
(b) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(c) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(d) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
4. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
5. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)