|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
2. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
(a) She adds a drug.
(b) She adds herbs to sweeten it.
(c) She warms it.
(d) She pours it for the men.
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(b) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(c) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(d) He is completely naked.
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to find a husband.
5. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Sparta and Pylos.
(b) Pylos and Ephryra.
(c) Sparta and Taphos.
(d) Ephyra and Crete.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
4. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)