|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Telemachus' supplies of wine and barley for his quest?
2. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(b) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
3. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) They endured rough seas and wind.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) They were pirating.
(d) His pilot died.
4. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
5. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
2. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
4. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
5. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)