|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
(a) She uses sickness and excuses.
(b) She employs piety and sacrifice.
(c) She uses cunning and craft.
(d) She practices prophecy and witchcraft.
2. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
(a) While he stares at the abundant garden.
(b) When he throws his arms around Arete's knees.
(c) Before he gets to the castle.
(d) When he enters the castle.
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) Nausicaa's mother.
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) With his men aboard the ship.
(b) In the woods near Nestor's house.
(c) In Nestor's garden.
(d) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
2. How long have the suitors been coming to Odysseus' home?
3. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
4. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)