|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(c) She's worried about her reputation.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
2. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
3. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
(a) Two eagles fly overhead.
(b) A woman screams and wails.
(c) Lightning strikes a tree.
(d) Flames burst out in the center of the meeting.
4. What form does Athena take to guide Odysseus to Alcinous' palace?
(a) A blind old man.
(b) A young page.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A servant of the house.
5. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
4. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
5. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)