|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sun-drenched gold.
(b) Sea purple.
(c) Meadow green.
(d) Sky blue.
2. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To steal all his goods.
(b) To take Penelope away.
(c) To kill him on the open sea.
(d) To discredit him in Ithaca.
3. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
4. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
5. During this assembly, who does Antinous blame for Telemachus' problem?
(c) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When sadness grips the feasting in her hall, causing Menelaus and his visitors to cry in remembrance of friends lost in Troy, what does Helen do to the wine?
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. As a result of the meeting of the assembly in Book 2, what do the suitors decide to do?
5. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)