|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
(b) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(c) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(d) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
2. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
3. What does Telemachus seek from the assembly above all?
4. What skill are Phaecian men skilled beyond others?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to wash his clothes too.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
2. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)