|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
2. Who reads the sign given while Telemachus calls upon Zeus in Book 2?
3. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
(a) To kill him on the open sea.
(b) To steal all his goods.
(c) To discredit him in Ithaca.
(d) To take Penelope away.
4. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(b) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(c) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(d) They are to wash his clothes too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
2. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)