|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
(a) Five times.
(b) It doesn't say.
(d) Ten times.
2. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
(a) Telemachus is guided by Athene.
(b) Telemachus isn't coming back.
(c) Telemachus is bringing an army.
(d) Telemachus is wise beyond his years.
3. What does Menelaus first reveal regarding Odysseus when Telemachus tells Menelaus who he is and the purpose of his visit?
(a) Odysseus is not worth anyone's tears.
(b) Telemachus looks nothing like his father.
(c) Odysseus' problems are his own.
(d) He would have given Odysseus a city upon his return from Troy.
4. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried about her reputation.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
5. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is witnessed by the entire assembly when Telemachus calls upon Zeus for justice in Book 2?
2. When does the magic cloud disperse from Odysseus?
3. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
4. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
5. While Telemachus is in Lycaedaemon, what plan do the suitors devise to punish Telemachus for leaving?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)