|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 4, Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Helen tell?
(a) The day Odysseus got into the city in a beggar's disguise without suspicion.
(b) The day Odysseus built the Trojan horse.
(c) The day Odysseus took her maid as a hostage to flee Troy.
(d) The day Odysseus brought her from Priam's house.
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(c) They are to wash his clothes too.
(d) They are to keep away from this stranger.
4. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
(a) With his men aboard the ship.
(b) In Nestor's garden.
(c) Beneath the portico at Nestor's house.
(d) In the woods near Nestor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
2. Who speaks up in Book 7 to ask that Odysseus be given a seat in the court of Alcinous since he has come as a supplicant?
3. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
4. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)