|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. What is happening in Lacedaemon when Telemachus arrives?
(a) Menelaus and his household are holding a feast in honor of the gods.
(b) Menelaus is holding a funeral rite for his brother.
(c) Menelaus is celebrating a double marriage.
(d) Menelaus is celebrating the marriage of his daughter.
3. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A goodly cup.
(b) A polished car.
(c) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(d) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's father.
(b) One of the servants.
(c) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(d) Nausicaa's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book 4, who did Menelaus capture?
2. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
3. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
4. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
5. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)