|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to tell Telemachus of Odysseus' fate, where does Menelaus' tale begin?
2. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is completely deaf.
(b) He is a son of a Muse.
(c) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
(d) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
3. How does the shepherd from the mainland treat Odysseus the beggar when he first meets him at the palace courtyard?
(a) He shows the beggar honor and respect.
(b) He treats the beggar rudely.
(c) He ignores him completely.
(d) He greets him.
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(b) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She needs to bathe.
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
2. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
3. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)