|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They don't really care about the fight.
(b) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(c) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(d) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
4. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(b) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
(c) To be the sole beggar of the house.
(d) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
5. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(b) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(c) He is completely naked.
(d) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
3. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
4. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)