|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(b) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
(c) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
(d) To be the sole beggar of the house.
2. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(b) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(c) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(d) They never die or have young.
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
4. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They're bored.
(b) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(c) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(d) They've run out of food.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) The food has run out for the evening.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
2. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)