|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(b) They might not see land for days.
(c) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(d) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
2. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(b) The food has run out for the evening.
(c) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
3. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(b) They never die or have young.
(c) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(d) They are tended by the gods themselves.
4. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(b) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(c) They're bored.
(d) They've run out of food.
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(b) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(c) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(d) They are to wash his clothes too.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
4. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
5. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)