|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look natural.
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sea purple.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Meadow green.
3. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The old man has muscular thighs.
(b) Irus sees his muscular chest.
(c) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(d) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to wash his clothes too.
(b) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(c) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(d) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(b) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) The food has run out for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
4. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)