|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to find a husband.
(b) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
2. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(b) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(c) They don't really care about the fight.
(d) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
3. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(b) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(c) They've run out of food.
(d) They're bored.
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
(a) He should be taken below deck.
(b) He should be fine without any precautions.
(c) He just shouldn't listen to their song.
(d) He should be bound to the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
3. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)