|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When 21 years have passed.
(b) When Laertes dies.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
3. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
4. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(b) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(c) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(d) They might not see land for days.
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(d) She's worried about her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
3. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)