|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(b) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(c) They've run out of food.
(d) They're bored.
2. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's father.
(b) One of the servants.
(c) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(d) Nausicaa's mother.
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Meadow green.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sea purple.
(d) Sky blue.
4. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(b) The old man has muscular thighs.
(c) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(d) Irus sees his muscular chest.
5. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
(a) He just shouldn't listen to their song.
(b) He should be bound to the mast.
(c) He should be taken below deck.
(d) He should be fine without any precautions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)