|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They're bored.
(b) They've run out of food.
(c) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(d) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She wants to find a husband.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
(b) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(c) To be the sole beggar of the house.
(d) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
2. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
3. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
4. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)