|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) After Telemachus gets married.
(b) When Laertes dies.
(c) When 21 years have passed.
(d) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(c) Athena made him look natural.
(d) Athena made him look like a hero.
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
2. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)