|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
(a) He just shouldn't listen to their song.
(b) He should be bound to the mast.
(c) He should be fine without any precautions.
(d) He should be taken below deck.
2. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(b) Irus sees his muscular chest.
(c) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(d) The old man has muscular thighs.
3. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(b) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(c) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(d) They don't really care about the fight.
4. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to wash his clothes too.
(b) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(c) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(d) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)