|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(b) He is completely naked.
(c) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(d) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sky blue.
(b) Sun-drenched gold.
(c) Sea purple.
(d) Meadow green.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(c) The food has run out for the evening.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
3. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
4. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)