|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
3. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
4. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(b) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(c) They're bored.
(d) They've run out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
2. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
3. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)