|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
(b) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(c) To be the sole beggar of the house.
(d) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look younger.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
3. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Meadow green.
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Sea purple.
(d) Sun-drenched gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)