|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
2. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(b) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(c) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(d) They never die or have young.
3. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) After Telemachus gets married.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) When Laertes dies.
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look like a hero.
(c) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(d) Athena made him look natural.
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
3. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)