|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(b) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(c) Flight is best.
(d) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(b) He is completely naked.
(c) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(d) He is wearing Ino's veil.
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) Nausicaa's mother.
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(b) Athena made him look younger.
(c) Athena made him look natural.
(d) Athena made him look like a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
3. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
4. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
5. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)