|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Circe give Odysseus regarding Scylla and Charybdis?
(a) Ply these monsters with a few of his crew.
(b) Flight is best.
(c) Odysseus will need lots of courage.
(d) Take down Scylla with the mast of his ship.
2. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is completely naked.
(b) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(c) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(d) He is wearing Ino's veil.
4. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
2. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)