|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
2. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are there for the wanderer to use.
(b) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(c) They never die or have young.
(d) They are tended by the gods themselves.
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's father.
(b) Nausicaa's mother.
(c) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(d) One of the servants.
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She wants to find a husband.
(b) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(c) She needs to bathe.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)