|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look younger.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
3. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(b) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(c) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(d) They don't really care about the fight.
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(b) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(c) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Meadow green.
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Sun-drenched gold.
(d) Sea purple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
4. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
5. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)