|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(b) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(c) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(d) They don't really care about the fight.
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Laertes dies.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
3. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The food has run out for the evening.
(b) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
4. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(b) They've run out of food.
(c) They're bored.
(d) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
2. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
3. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)