|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) After Telemachus gets married.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) When Laertes dies.
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(b) They might not see land for days.
(c) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(d) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
2. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)