|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
(b) They might not see land for days.
(c) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(d) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
3. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(b) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(c) They never die or have young.
(d) They are there for the wanderer to use.
4. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
5. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to wash his clothes too.
(b) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
4. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
5. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)