|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(d) She's worried about her reputation.
2. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
(a) His men are tired and hungry. They need a break from the sea.
(b) Odysseus is reckless and has lost a lot of crew. They don't trust what he says.
(c) They might not see land for days.
(d) Odysseus is out of touch with his crew.
3. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
4. What is special about the cattle and flocks of the Sun?
(a) They never die or have young.
(b) They are used for special feasts of the gods.
(c) They are tended by the gods themselves.
(d) They are there for the wanderer to use.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The food has run out for the evening.
(b) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
2. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
5. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)