|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to wash his clothes too.
(c) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(d) They are to keep away from this stranger.
3. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
(a) They don't care about the warning Odysseus issued.
(b) They've run out of food.
(c) Eurylochus says that Odysseus is keeping the cattle for himself.
(d) They're bored.
4. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
5. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
(b) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(c) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(d) They don't really care about the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)