|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the suitors view the fight between the two beggars in Book 18?
(a) They don't really care about the fight.
(b) They think it is the best entertainment that they've had.
(c) They think the beggars are disgusting, but they can't stop watching it.
(d) They think the beggars show their worth behaving in such a manner.
2. According to Circe, how should Odysseus get past the Sirens while listening to their song?
(a) He should be taken below deck.
(b) He should be fine without any precautions.
(c) He just shouldn't listen to their song.
(d) He should be bound to the mast.
3. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
(a) He is wearing the clothes that Calypso gave him, but they're a little ragged.
(b) He is covered in the sail from his raft.
(c) He is wearing Ino's veil.
(d) He is completely naked.
4. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Athene sends a cold wind to give him a chill.
(b) The suitors have threatened to drag him out by his feet if he loses.
(c) Irus sees his muscular chest.
(d) The old man has muscular thighs.
5. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
2. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)