|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look like a hero.
(c) Athena made him look younger.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
2. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
3. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
4. In Chapter 12, with his ship destroyed, Odysseus drifts until he reaches _____________.
5. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(b) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(c) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
(d) The food has run out for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
2. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
3. Why, despite taking an oath, does Odysseus' crew slay some cattle of the Sun?
4. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
5. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)