1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(b) He slaughtered some horses.
(c) He killed his own crew.
(d) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
6. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He brings a warning to the suitors.
(c) He gives word of Odysseus.
(d) He brings lavish presents.
7. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go on a quest.
(c) Thrust the suitors from the house.
(d) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
This section contains 5,802 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)