1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
(a) He failed to make a proper sacrifice.
(b) He killed his own crew.
(c) He poked a cyclops' eye out.
(d) He slaughtered some horses.
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
6. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
(a) He gives a prophecy of the gods.
(b) He gives word of Odysseus.
(c) He brings lavish presents.
(d) He brings a warning to the suitors.
7. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Go on a quest.
(c) Make Penelope decide about marriage.
(d) Thrust the suitors from the house.
This section contains 5,802 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)