* Athene persuades Zeus to allow Odysseus, who has been trapped on Ogygia by Calypso for many years, to return home.
* Odysseus' home and wife, Penelope, are besieged by suitors trying to marry the queen and become the king.
* Telemachus receives Mentes, a visitor who comes giving news and advice.
* Telemachus calls for a meeting of the assembly because he feels it's time to do something about the suitors.
* Before the entire assembly, Telemachus appeals to everyone's better judgment and decency in regards to the suitors.
* The suitors, who blame everything on Penelope, decide to continue to court Penelope and take advantage of Telemachus' hospitality without making amends.
* Athene, first as Mentor then as Telemachus, procures a ship and crew for Telemachus to make his journey to Pylos and Lacedaemon.
* Telemachus arrives at Nestor's house during a sacrifice.
* Nestor doesn't have much information about Odysseus since...
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)