|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Baldwin arrested in Paris?
2. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
3. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Jospehine Baker.
(d) Dorothy Dandridge.
4. What tool(s) does Baldwin take with him to the Swiss village?
(a) Printing Press.
(b) Pens and Pencils.
5. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
(a) Hotel Attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter entitled A Question of Identity, what does Baldwin describe as a flimsy structure, beneath contempt, designed by and for all the other people?
2. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
3. Where was Baldwin's father born?
4. Which group of Swiss villagers sometimes extend grave overtures of friendship to Baldwin?
5. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)