|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
2. Why does Baldwin escape to Paris?
(a) To escape the racial prejudice of America.
(b) To escape the racial prejudice of Africa.
(c) To study French culture.
(d) To live with a French family.
3. What prison was Baldwin's friend sent to that he was forbidden to enter?
(b) La Santé.
(d) La Mese.
4. According to Baldwin, who were the only people able to maintain a useful and unquestioned friendship with Negroes during the 1940s and 50s in Paris?
(a) The French.
(b) White Americans.
(c) Negro entertainers.
(d) Negro soliders.
5. What is Baldwin arrested for while in Paris?
(a) Stealing money from a hotel.
(b) The theft of hotel soaps and lotions.
(c) The theft of a hotel sheet.
(d) Writing American propaganda on a hotel wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
2. What do the Swiss Villagers occasionally do on Sundays?
3. According to Baldwin, what does the black man in American struggle to find?
4. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
5. Where did Baldwin spend much of his time while in Paris?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)