Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
2. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
(b) They wanted to marry French women.
(c) They wanted to escape from American society.
(d) They wanted to learn more about France.
3. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chez Inez.
(b) Chez Paris.
(c) Sorbonne cafe.
(d) Le Paris cafe.
4. What prison was Baldwin sent to because of his last name?
(b) La Santé.
(d) La Mese.
5. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By speaking with Parisians.
(b) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(c) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(d) By studying at a Parisian University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin's first jail cell resemble?
2. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
3. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
4. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
5. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)