|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
(a) Welfare workers and teachers.
(b) Bill Collectors and police officers.
(c) Welfare workers and bill collectors.
(d) Welfare workers and police officers.
2. What did Baldwin's first jail cell resemble?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) An American prison.
3. According to Baldwin, how did an American Negro view another American Negro in Paris during the 1940s and 50s?
(a) A source of rage.
(b) A source of knowledge.
(c) A source of joy.
(d) A source of sadness.
4. What other event shared the same date as the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) Baldwin's 20th birthday.
(b) Baldwin's 18th birthday.
(c) Baldwin's 17th birthday.
(d) Baldwin's 19th birthday.
5. Where was Baldwin's father born?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baldwin stay while in Switzerland?
2. What prison was Baldwin's friend sent to that he was forbidden to enter?
3. Why does Baldwin go to the Swiss village?
4. What does Baldwin assume is the main religion of the Swiss village?
5. Approximately how many people live in the Swiss village that Baldwin visits?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)