|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baldwin escape to Paris?
(a) To escape the racial prejudice of America.
(b) To study French culture.
(c) To live with a French family.
(d) To escape the racial prejudice of Africa.
2. In the essay Equal in Paris, what city was Baldwin's new "friend" from?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
(a) The tenth child was born.
(b) The seventh child was born.
(c) The ninth child was born.
(d) The eighth child was born.
4. Where does Baldwin think the older brothers and sisters in the Swiss village go to school?
(a) The town at the bottom of the mountain.
(c) The synagogue.
5. According to Baldwin, which of the following can the black man call home?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
2. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
3. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
4. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
5. According to Baldwin, where does the family lineage of any black man in America stop?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)