|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The romanticism associated with Paris.
(b) The beauty of the language.
(c) The food associated with Paris.
(d) The architecture associated with Paris.
2. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
(a) A bottle of French wine.
(b) Lucky Strike Cigarettes.
(c) Clean bed sheets .
3. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
(b) They wanted to marry French women.
(c) They wanted to learn more about France.
(d) They wanted to escape from American society.
4. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
(a) Twelve Kilometers.
(b) Ten Kilometers.
(c) Fourteen Kilometers.
(d) Sixteen Kilometers.
5. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
(c) Combative behavior.
(d) Name calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
2. Approximately how many people live in the Swiss village that Baldwin visits?
3. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
4. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
5. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)