|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, how did an American Negro view another American Negro in Paris during the 1940s and 50s?
(a) A source of joy.
(b) A source of rage.
(c) A source of knowledge.
(d) A source of sadness.
2. What performer did Baldwin believe would be remembered for their performance as the embattled solider in Broadway's Deep Are the Roots?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Otto Preminger.
(d) Gordon Heath.
3. Who offered to contact someone outside of the prison on behalf of Baldwin?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A released prisoner.
(c) A patent lawyer.
(d) A prison guard.
4. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
5. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chez Inez.
(b) Chez Paris.
(c) Le Paris cafe.
(d) Sorbonne cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose records did Baldwin's father forbid his children to play?
2. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
3. What does Baldwin say boys and young men of the Swiss village can be seen doing all week long?
4. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
5. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)