|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
(a) Twelve Kilometers.
(b) Fourteen Kilometers.
(c) Sixteen Kilometers.
(d) Ten Kilometers.
2. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(b) A sense of change.
(c) A sense of sadness.
(d) A sense of displacement.
3. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
(a) The European future.
(b) The American past that is disregarded in Europe.
(c) The European present.
(d) The African past that is disregarded in Europe.
4. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of democracy.
(b) One of equality.
(c) One of freedom.
(d) One of bureaucracy.
5. Who offered to contact someone outside of the prison on behalf of Baldwin?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A patent lawyer.
(c) A released prisoner.
(d) A prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Baldwin while he is in prison with the promise of sending someone to represent him at his trial?
2. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
3. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
4. Where was Baldwin's father born?
5. When was Baldwin's father born?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)