|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prison was Baldwin sent to because of his last name?
(a) La Mese.
(c) La Santé.
2. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
(c) Name calling.
(d) Combative behavior.
3. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They wanted to marry French women.
(b) They wanted to escape from American society.
(c) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
(d) They wanted to learn more about France.
4. What do the children call Baldwin when he first arrives in the Swiss village?
(a) Black man.
(d) Poor man.
5. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
(a) Welfare workers and police officers.
(b) Bill Collectors and police officers.
(c) Welfare workers and teachers.
(d) Welfare workers and bill collectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what does the black man in American struggle to find?
2. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
3. In total, how many days did Baldwin spend in the French prison system?
4. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
5. Why does Baldwin assume that the Swiss village is not Protestant?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)