|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In total, how many days did Baldwin spend in the French prison system?
2. What food was always in the reoccurring nightmares that Baldwin had while in Fresnes?
(a) Collard greens.
(b) His mother's macaroni and cheese.
(c) His mother's fried chicken.
(d) Sweet potato pie.
3. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
(a) As a French man.
(b) As an American.
(c) As an American Negro.
(d) As a French Negro.
4. What other event shared the same date as the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) Baldwin's 18th birthday.
(b) Baldwin's 19th birthday.
(c) Baldwin's 17th birthday.
(d) Baldwin's 20th birthday.
5. How many schoolhouses are located in the Swiss village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
2. What occurred a few hours after the funeral of Baldwin's father?
3. Who is the owner of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
4. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
5. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)