|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
2. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
3. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chez Inez.
(b) Le Paris cafe.
(c) Sorbonne cafe.
(d) Chez Paris.
4. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By speaking with Parisians.
(b) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(c) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(d) By studying at a Parisian University.
5. When was Baldwin's father born?
(c) During slavery.
(d) It is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
2. Where does Baldwin stay while in Switzerland?
3. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
4. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
5. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)