|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(b) Sorbonne University.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Paris.
2. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Le Paris cafe.
(b) Chez Inez.
(c) Sorbonne cafe.
(d) Chez Paris.
3. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
(a) Racial discrimination.
(b) Age discrimination.
(c) Democratic discrimination.
(d) Undemocratic discrimination.
4. In the essay Equal in Paris, what city was Baldwin's new "friend" from?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. According to Baldwin, who were the only people able to maintain a useful and unquestioned friendship with Negroes during the 1940s and 50s in Paris?
(a) The French.
(b) Negro entertainers.
(c) Negro soliders.
(d) White Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
2. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
3. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
4. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
5. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)