|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Baldwin arrested in Paris?
2. In the chapter entitled A Question of Identity, what does Baldwin describe as a flimsy structure, beneath contempt, designed by and for all the other people?
3. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Sorbonne cafe.
(b) Le Paris cafe.
(c) Chez Paris.
(d) Chez Inez.
4. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
(c) Hotel Attendant.
5. What is Baldwin arrested for while in Paris?
(a) Stealing money from a hotel.
(b) Writing American propaganda on a hotel wall.
(c) The theft of a hotel sheet.
(d) The theft of hotel soaps and lotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
2. What have some of the men in the Swiss village accused Baldwin of doing?
3. What tool(s) does Baldwin take with him to the Swiss village?
4. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
5. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)