|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The romanticism associated with Paris.
(b) The beauty of the language.
(c) The architecture associated with Paris.
(d) The food associated with Paris.
2. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
3. How does Baldwin describe the lives of the nonperforming Negroes in Paris as compared to the lives of Negro entertainers in the 1940s and 50s?
4. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Civil War.
5. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
(a) Clean bed sheets .
(c) A bottle of French wine.
(d) Lucky Strike Cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was always in the reoccurring nightmares that Baldwin had while in Fresnes?
2. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
3. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
4. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
5. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)