|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have some of the men in the Swiss village accused Baldwin of doing?
(a) Talking badly about their religion.
(b) Stealing firewood.
(c) Being the devil.
(d) Dating some of the women in the Swiss village.
2. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
3. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) Social Butterflies.
(b) Social Limbo.
(c) Social Congruence.
(d) Social Stability.
4. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
(a) Hotels with classic architecture.
(b) Medival-looking hotels.
(c) Ageless, sinister-looking hotels.
(d) Dingy hotels.
5. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
(a) As a French Negro.
(b) As a French man.
(c) As an American Negro.
(d) As an American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of Swiss villagers sometimes extend grave overtures of friendship to Baldwin?
2. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
3. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
4. What tool(s) does Baldwin take with him to the Swiss village?
5. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)