|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(a) Sorbonne University.
(b) University of Paris.
(d) University of London.
2. What do the children call Baldwin when he first arrives in the Swiss village?
(a) Black man.
(b) Poor man.
3. Which group of Swiss villagers sometimes extend grave overtures of friendship to Baldwin?
(c) Teenage Girls.
(d) Senior Citizens.
4. In total, how many days did Baldwin spend in the French prison system?
5. According to Baldwin, what does the black man in American struggle to find?
(a) His former slave master.
(b) His real family.
(c) His own identity.
(d) His childhood memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
2. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
3. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
4. How many schoolhouses are located in the Swiss village?
5. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)