|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool(s) does Baldwin take with him to the Swiss village?
(c) Pens and Pencils.
(d) Printing Press.
2. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
(a) Name calling.
(b) Combative behavior.
3. Where does Baldwin think the older brothers and sisters in the Swiss village go to school?
(a) The synagogue.
(d) The town at the bottom of the mountain.
4. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
(b) They wanted to learn more about France.
(c) They wanted to escape from American society.
(d) They wanted to marry French women.
5. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) French politics.
(b) American politics.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
2. According to Baldwin, which of the following can the black man call home?
3. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
4. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
5. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)