|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
(b) Clean bed sheets .
(c) Lucky Strike Cigarettes.
(d) A bottle of French wine.
2. How does Baldwin describe the lives of the nonperforming Negroes in Paris as compared to the lives of Negro entertainers in the 1940s and 50s?
3. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
(c) Combative behavior.
(d) Name calling.
4. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) A common experience.
(b) A different experience.
(c) A worthwhile experience.
(d) An educational experience.
5. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
(a) Because the ex-GIs could study the same things in the United States.
(b) Because ex-GIs did not like in the student colony.
(c) Because ex-GIs went to Paris for the culture.
(d) Because ex-GIs rarely attended their courses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baldwin assume is the main religion of the Swiss village?
2. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
3. In the essay Equal in Paris, what are we told lead police to know that one of the Parisian hotels had their property stolen?
4. Where did Baldwin spend much of his time while in Paris?
5. According to Baldwin, how did an American Negro view another American Negro in Paris during the 1940s and 50s?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)