|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
2. Where does Baldwin stay while in Switzerland?
(a) A room in a church.
(b) A tent.
(c) A chalet.
(d) A hotel.
3. What do the Swiss Villagers occasionally do on Sundays?
(a) Wash dirty laundry.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Cook dinner.
4. In what year was Baldwin arrested in Paris?
5. Which group did Baldwin mention as living together in groups - in the same neighborhoods and student hotels - while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) American Negroes.
(b) Black soldiers.
(c) White Americans.
(d) The French African.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
2. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
3. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
4. Why does Baldwin go to the Swiss village?
5. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)