|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
2. In total, how many days did Baldwin spend in the French prison system?
3. What did Baldwin consume a lot of while writing?
(a) Coffee and Wine.
(b) Croissants and Wine.
(c) Coffee and Tea.
(d) Coffee and Croissants.
4. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
5. According to Baldwin, what does the black man in American struggle to find?
(a) His former slave master.
(b) His real family.
(c) His own identity.
(d) His childhood memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose records did Baldwin's father forbid his children to play?
2. According to Baldwin, who were the only people able to maintain a useful and unquestioned friendship with Negroes during the 1940s and 50s in Paris?
3. According to Baldwin, which of the following can the black man call home?
4. Why does Baldwin escape to Paris?
5. What is Baldwin arrested for while in Paris?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)