Short Answer Key
Everybody's Protest Novel
1. Who is the author of Native Son?
2. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
Harriet Beecher Stowe.
3. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
George, Eliza, and Uncle Tom.
4. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
Pre-civil rights era.
5. What point of view does Baldwin use in this essay?
First person narrative.
6. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
7. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
8. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
9. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
10. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
To prove slavery is wrong....
This section contains 3,002 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)