|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Clarance Warde.
(b) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Louis Burner.
2. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
(a) Protest Literature.
(b) Problem Literature.
(c) Change Literature.
(d) Social Literature.
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
(b) Remote Violence.
(c) Negative images in the media.
4. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
5. Where did Baldwin and his white friend from New York go on Baldwin's last night in New Jersey?
(a) To the movies and to have drinks.
(b) To the casino.
(c) Atlantic City, NJ.
(d) To downtown New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
2. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
3. What do the children call Baldwin when he first arrives in the Swiss village?
4. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
5. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)