|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baldwin stay while in Switzerland?
(a) A room in a church.
(b) A tent.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A chalet.
2. What did Baldwin consume a lot of while writing?
(a) Coffee and Tea.
(b) Coffee and Wine.
(c) Croissants and Wine.
(d) Coffee and Croissants.
3. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) The story of African Americans.
(b) The story of Native Americans.
(c) The story of the original American settlers.
(d) The story of Americans.
4. How does Baldwin describe the American Ideal?
(a) Everyone should connect to their cultural identity.
(b) Everyone should reconnect to American history.
(c) Everyone should be as alike as possible.
(d) Everyone should be as different as possible.
5. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(d) Drama .
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
2. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
3. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
4. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
5. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)