|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) George S. Schuyler.
(d) James Baldwin.
2. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
(a) Many that did not study in Paris died in battle.
(b) Many that studied there saw active duty
(c) Many that studied there return to America.
(d) Many that studied there did not see active duty.
3. When was Baldwin's father born?
(a) During slavery.
(d) It is unknown.
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
(c) Remote Violence.
(d) Negative images in the media.
5. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
(a) Mrs. Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Mrs. Branson Price.
(c) Mr. Henry Wallace.
(d) Mrs. Frank Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baldwin say boys and young men of the Swiss village can be seen doing all week long?
2. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
3. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
4. How does Baldwin say American life compares to life in other parts of the world in the 1940s?
5. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)