|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food was always in the reoccurring nightmares that Baldwin had while in Fresnes?
(a) His mother's fried chicken.
(b) Sweet potato pie.
(c) Collard greens.
(d) His mother's macaroni and cheese.
2. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Fine hair.
(b) Light colored skin.
(c) Dark colored skin.
(d) Blue eyes.
3. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(b) Native Son.
(c) Black Boy.
(d) Little Women.
4. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
(a) They both wore uniforms.
(b) They both were Black.
(c) They both studied French culture.
(d) They both spoke French.
5. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
(a) The ninth child was born.
(b) The seventh child was born.
(c) The eighth child was born.
(d) The tenth child was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the essay Equal in Paris, what city was Baldwin's new "friend" from?
2. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
3. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
4. Where is Harlem located?
5. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)