|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin assume is the main religion of the Swiss village?
2. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
(a) Mr. Wades as the group's manager and guardian .
(b) Only one chaperone for the group.
(c) The trip to Atlanta.
(d) An extra tour.
3. How is the Negro in America referred to in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) A series of shadows.
(b) A mass of darkness.
(c) A gloomy mist.
(d) A series of mishaps.
4. How many schoolhouses are located in the Swiss village?
5. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
(a) Because ex-GIs went to Paris for the culture.
(b) Because ex-GIs did not like in the student colony.
(c) Because ex-GIs rarely attended their courses.
(d) Because the ex-GIs could study the same things in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the two legends of the "white Gentile" as described by Baldwin?
2. What food was always in the reoccurring nightmares that Baldwin had while in Fresnes?
3. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
4. According to Baldwin, which of the following can the black man call home?
5. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)