|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baldwin think the older brothers and sisters in the Swiss village go to school?
(a) The synagogue.
(d) The town at the bottom of the mountain.
2. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
(a) A private home.
(b) A Negro motel.
3. Where is Harlem located?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
4. Where was Baldwin's father born?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
5. Why does Baldwin assume that the Swiss village is not Protestant?
(a) The Swiss villagers have Buddhist temples in their homes.
(b) There are no Protestant churches.
(c) The synagogue are open more often.
(d) The Catholic churches are open more often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
2. What does Baldwin say it means for the Negro to be religious?
3. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
4. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
5. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)