|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
(a) Many that did not study in Paris died in battle.
(b) Many that studied there saw active duty
(c) Many that studied there return to America.
(d) Many that studied there did not see active duty.
2. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of democracy.
(b) One of freedom.
(c) One of equality.
(d) One of bureaucracy.
3. What have some of the men in the Swiss village accused Baldwin of doing?
(a) Being the devil.
(b) Stealing firewood.
(c) Talking badly about their religion.
(d) Dating some of the women in the Swiss village.
4. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
5. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
2. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
3. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
4. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
5. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)