|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
2. In the essay Equal in Paris, what city was Baldwin's new "friend" from?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 16 days.
(d) 18 days.
4. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Black No More.
(d) Carmen Jones.
5. What did Baldwin's first jail cell resemble?
(a) An American prison.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A chicken coop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many people live in the Swiss village that Baldwin visits?
2. Where does Baldwin think the older brothers and sisters in the Swiss village go to school?
3. When was Baldwin's father born?
4. How many schoolhouses are located in the Swiss village?
5. According to Baldwin, both the Negro and the Jew are characterized as:
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)