|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Protest Literature.
(b) Problem Literature.
(c) Social Literature.
(d) Change Literature.
2. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dark colored skin.
(c) Brown eyes.
(d) Coarse hair.
3. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By studying at a Parisian University.
(b) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(c) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(d) By speaking with Parisians.
4. In the essay Equal in Paris, what are we told lead police to know that one of the Parisian hotels had their property stolen?
(a) Baldwin's friend told the police they were stolen.
(b) A witness called the police.
(c) The hotel monogram on the sheets.
(d) The color of the sheets.
5. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(b) Drama .
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
2. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
3. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Georgia?
4. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)