|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of the town at the foot of the mountain, where many of the Swiss villagers shop and go to the movies?
2. What two stereotypical figures does the author portray as portraits of the Negro in America with laudatory and heinous qualities?
(a) Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom.
(b) Aunt Jemima and Othello.
(c) Aunt Jemima and Carmen Jones.
(d) Carmen Jones and Uncle Tom.
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Clarance Warde.
(c) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(d) Louis Burner.
4. Why does Baldwin assume that the Swiss village is not Protestant?
(a) There are no Protestant churches.
(b) The Catholic churches are open more often.
(c) The synagogue are open more often.
(d) The Swiss villagers have Buddhist temples in their homes.
5. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
2. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
3. Protest novels are said to resemble:
4. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
5. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)