|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To prove slavery is wrong.
(b) To abolish slavery.
(c) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
(d) To show the every day life of a slave.
2. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
3. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of democracy.
(b) One of bureaucracy.
(c) One of equality.
(d) One of freedom.
4. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
(a) Abyssinia Baptist Church.
(b) First Baptist Church.
(c) Harlem United Church.
(d) 138th Street Baptist Church.
5. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The romanticism associated with Paris.
(b) The architecture associated with Paris.
(c) The food associated with Paris.
(d) The beauty of the language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
2. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
3. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
4. What food was always in the reoccurring nightmares that Baldwin had while in Fresnes?
5. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)