|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Native Son?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. What did Baldwin consume a lot of while writing?
(a) Coffee and Croissants.
(b) Coffee and Wine.
(c) Croissants and Wine.
(d) Coffee and Tea.
3. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
(a) The Soldier's Education Act.
(b) The Foreign Education Bill.
(c) G.I. Bill.
(d) The Veterans Educational Achievement Act.
4. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
5. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
(b) Alienation from his people and his past.
(c) Transcontinential travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baldwin insist that the operatic songs performed by the cast in the film Carmen Jones have no connection to Negro life?
2. According to Baldwin, how does the book Native Son obliterate the good will of the people as a whole?
3. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
4. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
5. According to Baldwin, who were the only people able to maintain a useful and unquestioned friendship with Negroes during the 1940s and 50s in Paris?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)