|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Adam Jones.
(c) Clarence Warde.
(d) Branson Price.
2. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
3. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(b) By speaking with Parisians.
(c) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(d) By studying at a Parisian University.
4. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
(a) As a French man.
(b) As an American Negro.
(c) As an American.
(d) As a French Negro.
5. What does Baldwin suggest the presupposition of the two novels Kingsblood Royal and If He Hollers Let Him Go are in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) Black is a terrible color with which to be born into the world.
(b) The Negro is a man without a homeland.
(c) Blacks need to make themselves less offensive.
(d) Black men are inferior to white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
2. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
3. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Harlem?
4. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
5. What did Baldwin consume a lot of while writing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)