|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stranger in the Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Jospehine Baker.
(d) Duke Ellington.
2. Where did Baldwin spend much of his time while in Paris?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
3. What does Baldwin say it means for the Negro to be religious?
(a) He stands in fear of God.
(b) He stands in fear of creation.
(c) He stands in fear of beast.
(d) He stands in fear of man.
4. What two big name magazines, popular in the African American community in the 1940s, are mentioned in the chapter entitled The Harlem Ghetto?
(a) Ebony and Essence.
(b) Ebony and Our World.
(c) Essence and Jet.
(d) Ebony and Jet.
5. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 14 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
2. How many hours does it take to get from Milan to the Swiss Village?
3. Why does Baldwin criticize the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set?
4. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
5. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)