|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Baldwin's father born?
(a) It is unknown.
(c) During slavery.
2. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(a) University of Paris.
(b) University of London.
(d) Sorbonne University.
3. According to Baldwin, both the Negro and the Jew are characterized as:
4. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Sorbonne cafe.
(b) Le Paris cafe.
(c) Chez Inez.
(d) Chez Paris.
5. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of equality.
(b) One of freedom.
(c) One of bureaucracy.
(d) One of democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
2. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
3. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
4. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
5. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)