|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are protest novels?
(a) Fantasies connecting nowhere to reality.
(b) Reality connecting nowhere with fantasy.
(c) Racism connecting nowhere to social policy.
(d) Socialism connecting nowhere to racism.
2. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(a) Little Women.
(c) Black Boy.
(d) Native Son.
3. What newspaper rivaled the Amsterdam Star-News in the 1940s?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The People's Voice.
(c) The Pittsburgh Courier.
(d) The Afro-American.
4. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
(a) Welfare workers and teachers.
(b) Welfare workers and bill collectors.
(c) Bill Collectors and police officers.
(d) Welfare workers and police officers.
5. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
2. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
3. Protest novels are said to resemble:
4. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
5. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)