|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
(a) The questions it leaves in the mind relate more to inferior life of Americans.
(b) The changes it suggests about the lives of Negroes.
(c) The questions it leaves about the relationship between Whites and Negroes.
(d) The impression it leaves about the realities of Negro life.
2. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
(a) To travel to other parts of the country.
(b) To change Whites' views of Black music.
(c) To make a livelihood from music.
(d) To sing at churches.
3. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
(a) Baldwin's friend.
(b) Baldwin's mother.
(c) Baldwin's brother.
(d) Baldwin's aunt.
4. Who was the presidential candidate representing the Progressive Party at the time Baldwin wrote this essay?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Paul Roberson.
(c) James Jordan.
(d) Clarence Warde.
5. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
2. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
3. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
4. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
5. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)