|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
2. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
(a) Baldwin's mother.
(b) Baldwin's brother.
(c) Baldwin's friend.
(d) Baldwin's aunt.
3. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Visiting the American embassy in France.
(b) Living with a French Family.
(c) Marrying a French citizen.
(d) Eating a French cafes.
4. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Sidney Poitier.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Sammy Davis, Jr.
5. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
(a) Many that studied there did not see active duty.
(b) Many that studied there return to America.
(c) Many that did not study in Paris died in battle.
(d) Many that studied there saw active duty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
2. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
3. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
4. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
5. How does Baldwin describe the lives of the nonperforming Negroes in Paris as compared to the lives of Negro entertainers in the 1940s and 50s?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)