|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
(d) Atlantic City.
2. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(a) University of London.
(b) University of Paris.
(c) Sorbonne University.
3. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) An educational experience.
(b) A common experience.
(c) A worthwhile experience.
(d) A different experience.
4. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
(a) Bill Collectors and police officers.
(b) Welfare workers and teachers.
(c) Welfare workers and bill collectors.
(d) Welfare workers and police officers.
5. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dark colored skin.
(b) Fine hair.
(c) Light colored skin.
(d) Blue eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Baldwin's father born?
2. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
3. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
4. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
5. According to Baldwin, how did an American Negro view another American Negro in Paris during the 1940s and 50s?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)