|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chester Bomar Himes.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Otto Preminger.
(d) Inez Cavanaugh.
2. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
(a) Joe Adams.
(b) Lena Horne.
(c) Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
3. When was Baldwin's father born?
(b) It is unknown.
(c) During slavery.
4. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
(a) MGM Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
(c) Walt Disney Studios.
(d) Universal Studios.
5. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
2. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
3. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
4. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
5. Why does Baldwin assert that White people contribute to the perpetuation of the stereotypical characters such as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)