|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
(a) The troops were evaluated.
(b) African Americans were not allowed to fight.
(c) The troops were integrated.
(d) The troops were segregated.
2. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(b) Dark colored skin.
(c) Brown eyes.
(d) Coarse hair.
3. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
(a) Undemocratic discrimination.
(b) Age discrimination.
(c) Racial discrimination.
(d) Democratic discrimination.
4. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Civil rights era.
(b) Slavery era.
(c) Pre-civil rights era.
5. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Native Son?
2. Whose records did Baldwin's father forbid his children to play?
3. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
4. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
5. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)