|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
2. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
(a) American History.
(b) Knowledge of American society.
(c) Every weapon possible.
3. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
4. Why does Baldwin assert that White people contribute to the perpetuation of the stereotypical characters such as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom?
(a) Because Whites want to believe that Black people are unhappy with their lives.
(b) Because African Americans love to imitate these types of stereotypical characters.
(c) Because Whites like being entertained by the stereotypical figures of Black Americans.
(d) Because Whites want to believe the happy, subservient personas of Black people
5. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
(a) G.I. Bill.
(b) The Soldier's Education Act.
(c) The Foreign Education Bill.
(d) The Veterans Educational Achievement Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
2. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
3. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
4. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
5. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)