|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) An educational experience.
(b) A worthwhile experience.
(c) A common experience.
(d) A different experience.
2. What occurred a few hours after the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) A race riot.
(b) A Progressive Party rally.
(c) A black man was beat up by the police.
(d) Baldwin's brother passed away.
3. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of change.
(b) A sense of displacement.
(c) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(d) A sense of sadness.
4. What performer did Baldwin believe would be remembered for their performance as the embattled solider in Broadway's Deep Are the Roots?
(a) Otto Preminger.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Gordon Heath.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
5. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
(a) A Play.
(b) A Novel.
(c) A Pamphlet.
(d) A Short Story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
2. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
3. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
4. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)