|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
(a) Joe Adams.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Dorothy Dandridge.
2. What are protest novels?
(a) Reality connecting nowhere with fantasy.
(b) Racism connecting nowhere to social policy.
(c) Socialism connecting nowhere to racism.
(d) Fantasies connecting nowhere to reality.
3. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) American politics.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) French politics.
4. According to Baldwin, what discovery brings an end to the alienation of the American student in Paris?
(a) Discovering America from the vantage point of the French African.
(b) Discovering American culture.
(c) Discovering European culture.
(d) Discovering America from the vantage point of Europe.
5. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
(a) They both spoke French.
(b) They both were Black.
(c) They both studied French culture.
(d) They both wore uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
2. Who is the owner of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
3. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
4. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
5. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)