|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
(a) World War I.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Civil War.
(d) World War II.
2. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
(a) Dingy hotels.
(b) Hotels with classic architecture.
(c) Ageless, sinister-looking hotels.
(d) Medival-looking hotels.
3. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
4. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
5. Protest novels are said to resemble:
(a) Missionaries to India.
(b) Missionaries to America.
(c) Missionaries to Africa.
(d) Missionaries to South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
2. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
3. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
4. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
5. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)