|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George S. Schuyler.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Richard Wright.
2. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
(a) Mr. Henry Wallace.
(b) Mrs. Branson Price.
(c) Mrs. Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Mrs. Frank Johnson.
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Louis Burner.
(d) Clarance Warde.
4. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of change.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(d) A sense of displacement.
5. Where is Atlanta located?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
2. How does Baldwin say American life compares to life in other parts of the world in the 1940s?
3. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
4. What does Baldwin suggest the presupposition of the two novels Kingsblood Royal and If He Hollers Let Him Go are in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. What phenomenon does Baldwin address in the essay entitled, A Question of Identity?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)