|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
2. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By speaking with Parisians.
(b) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(c) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(d) By studying at a Parisian University.
3. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
4. What emotion of Baldwin's father does he describe as "never to be trusted"?
(a) His father's love.
(b) His father's sadness.
(c) His father's temper.
(d) His father's kindness.
5. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
2. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
3. What technique did Baldwin say he used in arguments with his father?
4. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
5. Who is the author of Native Son?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)