|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Those that know American history.
(b) Those that use their GI funding to study at Parisian university.
(c) Those that take time to study the culture and People of Paris.
(d) Those that marry French women.
2. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
(a) The loss of racial identity.
(b) The loss of Negroes to slavery.
(c) The loss of our own identity.
(d) The loss of African American identity.
3. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of freedom.
(b) One of bureaucracy.
(c) One of democracy.
(d) One of equality.
4. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
(a) To travel to other parts of the country.
(b) To sing at churches.
(c) To make a livelihood from music.
(d) To change Whites' views of Black music.
5. How does Baldwin describe the housing of all students living in the Latin Quarter?
(a) Hotels with classic architecture.
(b) Ageless, sinister-looking hotels.
(c) Medival-looking hotels.
(d) Dingy hotels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
2. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
4. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
5. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)