|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
(a) Mrs. Branson Price.
(b) Mr. Henry Wallace.
(c) Mrs. Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Mrs. Frank Johnson.
2. What type of accommodations were promised to the Melodeers prior to leaving for Atlanta?
(a) Two to a room.
(b) Four to a room.
(c) One to a room.
(d) Dormitory style accommodations.
3. What are protest novels?
(a) Socialism connecting nowhere to racism.
(b) Racism connecting nowhere to social policy.
(c) Reality connecting nowhere with fantasy.
(d) Fantasies connecting nowhere to reality.
4. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chez Inez.
(b) Chez Paris.
(c) Sorbonne cafe.
(d) Le Paris cafe.
5. What two big name magazines, popular in the African American community in the 1940s, are mentioned in the chapter entitled The Harlem Ghetto?
(a) Essence and Jet.
(b) Ebony and Our World.
(c) Ebony and Essence.
(d) Ebony and Jet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
2. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
3. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
4. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
5. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)