|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) American politics.
(c) French politics.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
2. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
(a) Grocery Stores.
3. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
(a) The tenth child was born.
(b) The ninth child was born.
(c) The seventh child was born.
(d) The eighth child was born.
4. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Clarance Warde.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(d) Louis Burner.
5. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Dorothy Dandridge.
(c) Jospehine Baker.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other event shared the same date as the funeral of Baldwin's father?
2. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
3. What is the avowed aim of the American protest novel?
4. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
5. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)