|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Harlem?
(a) The Negro.
(b) The Jew.
(c) The Mulatto.
(d) The Black man.
2. Where is Harlem located?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
3. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
(a) Negative images in the media.
(c) Remote Violence.
5. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
(a) The Foreign Education Bill.
(b) The Veterans Educational Achievement Act.
(c) G.I. Bill.
(d) The Soldier's Education Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baldwin say it means for the Negro to be religious?
2. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
3. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
4. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. Why does Baldwin criticize the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)