|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
2. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
3. What biblical story does Baldwin say allows the Blacks to identify with Jews?
(a) Jesus' crucifixion.
(b) God's Covenant with Abraham.
(c) Moses' deliverance from Egypt.
(d) God's creation of Adam.
4. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of displacement.
(d) A sense of change.
5. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dark colored skin.
(b) Coarse hair.
(c) Brown eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, both the Negro and the Jew are characterized as:
2. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
3. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
4. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
5. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)