|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 14 days.
2. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
(a) The eighth child was born.
(b) The seventh child was born.
(c) The tenth child was born.
(d) The ninth child was born.
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Protest Literature.
(b) Social Literature.
(c) Change Literature.
(d) Problem Literature.
4. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of displacement.
(d) A sense of change.
5. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
(a) To change Whites' views of Black music.
(b) To make a livelihood from music.
(c) To travel to other parts of the country.
(d) To sing at churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Baldwin's father born?
2. Where did Baldwin and his white friend from New York go on Baldwin's last night in New Jersey?
3. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
4. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
5. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)