|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(a) Sorbonne University.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Paris.
2. What color clothing did Baldwin say he did not have to wear to his father's funeral?
3. What occurred a few hours after the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) Baldwin's brother passed away.
(b) A race riot.
(c) A black man was beat up by the police.
(d) A Progressive Party rally.
4. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
5. How has Harlem changed since Baldwin's parents' lifetime?
(a) A great deal.
(b) Not much.
(c) Somewhat in the Jewish occupied areas.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
2. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
3. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
4. Baldwin believed that the American Negro in Paris in the 1940s and 50s was forced to exercise what practice?
5. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)