|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Atlanta located?
(c) New York.
2. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
(a) Because the characters speak like enslaved Africans.
(b) Because the characters speak like stereotypical Negroes.
(c) Because the characters speak like northern born Negroes.
(d) Because the characters speak like antebellum Negroes adopting the patterns language of their masters.
3. Protest novels are said to resemble:
(a) Missionaries to India.
(b) Missionaries to South America.
(c) Missionaries to America.
(d) Missionaries to Africa.
4. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
5. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) The story of the original American settlers.
(b) The story of Native Americans.
(c) The story of African Americans.
(d) The story of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
2. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
3. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
4. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
5. How has Harlem changed since Baldwin's parents' lifetime?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)