|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encounter on the Seine: Black Meets Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Walt Disney Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) MGM Studios.
2. Where did Baldwin and his white friend from New York go on Baldwin's last night in New Jersey?
(a) To the movies and to have drinks.
(b) To downtown New York City.
(c) Atlantic City, NJ.
(d) To the casino.
3. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
(a) Because Whites has a great influence in Black politics.
(b) Because Blacks were in need of money.
(c) Because it was treated with little respect.
(d) Because Blacks did care about politics.
4. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
(a) The loss of racial identity.
(b) The loss of our own identity.
(c) The loss of African American identity.
(d) The loss of Negroes to slavery.
5. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
2. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
3. Where was Baldwin's father born?
4. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
5. According to Baldwin, how does the book Native Son obliterate the good will of the people as a whole?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)