|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin suggest the presupposition of the two novels Kingsblood Royal and If He Hollers Let Him Go are in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) The Negro is a man without a homeland.
(b) Black is a terrible color with which to be born into the world.
(c) Blacks need to make themselves less offensive.
(d) Black men are inferior to white men.
2. Where is Atlanta located?
(d) New York.
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Change Literature.
(b) Protest Literature.
(c) Social Literature.
(d) Problem Literature.
4. Who was the presidential candidate representing the Progressive Party at the time Baldwin wrote this essay?
(a) Paul Roberson.
(b) Clarence Warde.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) James Jordan.
5. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, how does the book Native Son obliterate the good will of the people as a whole?
2. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
3. How is the Negro in America referred to in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
4. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
5. What is the avowed aim of the American protest novel?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)