|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, both the Negro and the Jew are characterized as:
2. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George, St. Clair, and Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Tom, Miss Ophelia, and Eliza.
(c) George, Miss Ophelia, and Uncle Tom.
(d) George, Eliza, and Uncle Tom.
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Louis Burner.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Clarance Warde.
(d) Mrs. Brandon Price.
4. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Black Boy.
5. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
(a) At the point where the individual rejects all other ties and history to other nations and adopts the venture of the adopted land.
(b) At the point that the person enters the country and adopts the venture of the adopted land.
(c) At the point where the individual reaches Ellis Island in New York.
(d) At the point where the individual rejects all other ties and history to other nations and receives their U.S. citizenship from the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
2. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
3. What two stereotypical figures does the author portray as portraits of the Negro in America with laudatory and heinous qualities?
4. Where is Atlanta located?
5. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)