|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening of Native Son?
(a) A Chicago tenement.
(b) A Harlem apartment.
(c) A YMCA in Atlanta, GA.
(d) The projects of the Bronx, NY.
2. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
3. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George S. Schuyler.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) Richard Wright.
(d) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
4. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) The story of Americans.
(b) The story of African Americans.
(c) The story of the original American settlers.
(d) The story of Native Americans.
5. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baldwin assert that White people contribute to the perpetuation of the stereotypical characters such as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom?
2. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
3. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
4. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
5. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)