|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
(a) Carmen Jones.
(b) Black No More.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) Native Son.
2. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Racial prejudice.
3. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To show the every day life of a slave.
(b) To abolish slavery.
(c) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
(d) To prove slavery is wrong.
4. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 16 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 20 days.
5. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
(a) The campaign promises were too common.
(b) The campaign promises were geared towards Whites.
(c) The campaign promises were geared towards African Americans.
(d) The campaign promises were too extravagant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
2. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
3. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
4. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
5. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)