|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Atlanta located?
(c) New York.
2. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
3. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) George S. Schuyler.
4. What is the avowed aim of the American protest novel?
(a) To bring greater freedom to the oppressed.
(b) To bring greater charity to the oppressed.
(c) To bring Christianity to the oppressed.
(d) To bring the ideals of socialism to the oppressed.
5. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
(a) The campaign promises were geared towards Whites.
(b) The campaign promises were geared towards African Americans.
(c) The campaign promises were too common.
(d) The campaign promises were too extravagant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
2. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
3. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
4. What is not one of the two legends of the "white Gentile" as described by Baldwin?
5. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)