|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
(a) Only one chaperone for the group.
(b) The trip to Atlanta.
(c) Mr. Wades as the group's manager and guardian .
(d) An extra tour.
2. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
(b) Grocery Stores.
3. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
(a) American History.
(b) Every weapon possible.
(d) Knowledge of American society.
4. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
5. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
(a) There are no white people to which the Negroes may be compared.
(b) The all-Negro cast is less intimidating.
(c) The Negroes would see a movie with an all-Negro cast.
(d) White people do not want to see an interracial cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
2. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
3. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
4. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
5. Who is the author of Native Son?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)