|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accommodations were promised to the Melodeers prior to leaving for Atlanta?
(a) Two to a room.
(b) One to a room.
(c) Four to a room.
(d) Dormitory style accommodations.
2. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
(a) The loss of Negroes to slavery.
(b) The loss of our own identity.
(c) The loss of African American identity.
(d) The loss of racial identity.
3. Where is Atlanta located?
(c) New York.
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
(c) Remote Violence.
(d) Negative images in the media.
5. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) James Baldwin.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) George S. Schuyler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
2. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
3. Why does Baldwin criticize the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set?
4. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
5. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)