|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Journey to Atlanta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, both the Negro and the Jew are characterized as:
2. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
3. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
(a) One in which Negros and Whites work together.
(b) One in which inequalities change because of protests.
(c) One in which Negros resume their slave duties.
(d) One in which inequalities will disappear and vengeance will be exacted.
4. What type of accommodations were promised to the Melodeers prior to leaving for Atlanta?
(a) Dormitory style accommodations.
(b) Two to a room.
(c) One to a room.
(d) Four to a room.
5. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
2. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
4. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
5. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)