|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Sidney Poitier.
(d) Sammy Davis, Jr.
2. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(c) Drama .
3. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
(a) The troops were evaluated.
(b) The troops were integrated.
(c) African Americans were not allowed to fight.
(d) The troops were segregated.
4. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Racial prejudice.
5. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
2. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
4. What are protest novels?
5. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)