|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Many Thousands Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(a) Little Women.
(c) Native Son.
(d) Black Boy.
2. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
(a) Black No More.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Carmen Jones.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Social Literature.
(b) Protest Literature.
(c) Problem Literature.
(d) Change Literature.
4. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
5. Who is the author of Native Son?
(a) Richard Wright.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Langston Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
2. How is the Negro in America referred to in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
3. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
5. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)