|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Many Thousands Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) George S. Schuyler.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) Richard Wright.
2. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
3. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
4. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
(a) Because of the white man's need for making Negroes cook and clean the white man's home.
(b) Because African Americans refuted the stereotypical images Aunt Jemima.
(c) Because of the portrayal of Uncle Tom.
(d) Because of the white man's need for making Negroes as white as possible in order to interact with them.
5. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Black Boy.
(c) Native Son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
2. Protest novels are said to resemble:
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
4. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
5. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)