|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
2. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
3. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
(b) A private home.
(c) A Negro motel.
4. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
(a) More than 2 years.
(b) A little over a year.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) One year.
5. How does Baldwin say American life compares to life in other parts of the world in the 1940s?
(a) Life in America moves faster.
(b) People in America are indifferent to what is going on in other parts of the world.
(c) Life in America moves slower.
(d) Life in America moves at the same pace as other places in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
2. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
3. How is the Negro in America referred to in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
4. What biblical story does Baldwin say allows the Blacks to identify with Jews?
5. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)