|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Lena Horne.
(c) Carmen Jones.
(d) Pearl Bailey.
2. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
(a) A Negro motel.
(d) A private home.
3. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
(a) To change Whites' views of Black music.
(b) To make a livelihood from music.
(c) To travel to other parts of the country.
(d) To sing at churches.
4. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
(a) Because Blacks did care about politics.
(b) Because it was treated with little respect.
(c) Because Whites has a great influence in Black politics.
(d) Because Blacks were in need of money.
5. Who was the presidential candidate representing the Progressive Party at the time Baldwin wrote this essay?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Clarence Warde.
(c) James Jordan.
(d) Paul Roberson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
2. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
3. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
4. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
5. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)