|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin say it means for the Negro to be religious?
(a) He stands in fear of creation.
(b) He stands in fear of God.
(c) He stands in fear of beast.
(d) He stands in fear of man.
2. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
3. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
(d) Grocery Stores.
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Carmen Jones.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Pearl Bailey.
5. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Clarance Warde.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Louis Burner.
(d) Mrs. Brandon Price.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
2. Why is the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set necessary for white audiences?
3. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
4. What is the setting of the opening of Native Son?
5. Who were the only white people that visited Baldwin's childhood home?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)