|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Lena Horne.
2. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Harlem?
(a) The Jew.
(b) The Black man.
(c) The Negro.
(d) The Mulatto.
3. Whose records did Baldwin's father forbid his children to play?
(a) The Melodeers.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) The Golden Gate Quartet.
(d) James Brown.
4. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(c) Drama .
5. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Social Literature.
(b) Protest Literature.
(c) Problem Literature.
(d) Change Literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
2. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
3. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
4. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
5. When was Baldwin's father born?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)