|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
(a) Social Literature.
(b) Change Literature.
(c) Protest Literature.
(d) Problem Literature.
2. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
(a) Fraziers' Diner.
(b) Red's Diner.
(c) Fraziers' Café.
(d) Hunter Street Café.
3. What is the setting of the opening of Native Son?
(a) A YMCA in Atlanta, GA.
(b) A Chicago tenement.
(c) A Harlem apartment.
(d) The projects of the Bronx, NY.
4. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
(a) The loss of our own identity.
(b) The loss of Negroes to slavery.
(c) The loss of racial identity.
(d) The loss of African American identity.
5. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
(a) Letters to the editor.
(b) Ebony magazine.
(c) The front pages of the Negro newspapers.
(d) Lifestyle sections of the Black magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
2. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
4. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
5. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)