|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
(a) The trip to Atlanta.
(b) Only one chaperone for the group.
(c) Mr. Wades as the group's manager and guardian .
(d) An extra tour.
2. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
3. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
4. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
5. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
(a) One year.
(b) A little over a year.
(c) More than 2 years.
(d) Less than a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
2. What two stereotypical figures does the author portray as portraits of the Negro in America with laudatory and heinous qualities?
3. Whose records did Baldwin's father forbid his children to play?
4. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
5. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)