|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes of a Native Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
2. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
(a) The troops were integrated.
(b) African Americans were not allowed to fight.
(c) The troops were evaluated.
(d) The troops were segregated.
3. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
(a) To make a livelihood from music.
(b) To sing at churches.
(c) To change Whites' views of Black music.
(d) To travel to other parts of the country.
4. Where did Baldwin go after his father's funeral to celebrate his birthday?
(b) Atlantic City.
5. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
2. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
3. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
4. According to Baldwin, how does the book Native Son obliterate the good will of the people as a whole?
5. What type of accommodations were promised to the Melodeers prior to leaving for Atlanta?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)