|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 16 days.
2. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
3. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
4. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Clarence Warde.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Adam Jones.
(d) Branson Price.
5. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
(a) A Negro motel.
(d) A private home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
2. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
3. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
4. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
5. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)