|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baldwin insist that the operatic songs performed by the cast in the film Carmen Jones have no connection to Negro life?
(a) The music pieces were sung by white men and dubbed over the black actor's lip syncs.
(b) The music pieces were sung by middle class black people and dubbed over the black actor's lip syncs.
(c) The music pieces were sung in Italian and dubbed over the black actor's lip syncs.
(d) The music pieces were sung by white people and dubbed over the black actor's lip syncs.
2. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Those that use their GI funding to study at Parisian university.
(b) Those that marry French women.
(c) Those that take time to study the culture and People of Paris.
(d) Those that know American history.
3. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(c) Drama .
4. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
5. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Branson Price.
(b) Adam Jones.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Clarence Warde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
2. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
4. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
5. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)