|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
2. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of bureaucracy.
(b) One of freedom.
(c) One of democracy.
(d) One of equality.
3. Who was the presidential candidate representing the Progressive Party at the time Baldwin wrote this essay?
(a) Clarence Warde.
(b) Paul Roberson.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) James Jordan.
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Carmen Jones.
(b) Lena Horne.
(c) Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Pearl Bailey.
5. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
(a) Mr. Henry Wallace.
(b) Mrs. Branson Price.
(c) Mrs. Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Mrs. Frank Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
2. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
3. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
4. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
5. Why does Baldwin insist that the operatic songs performed by the cast in the film Carmen Jones have no connection to Negro life?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)