|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
2. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Clarence Warde.
(b) Adam Jones.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Branson Price.
3. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Blue eyes.
(b) Dark colored skin.
(c) Fine hair.
(d) Light colored skin.
4. What did the parents of the Melodeers oppose prior to their departure for Atlanta?
(a) Only one chaperone for the group.
(b) Mr. Wades as the group's manager and guardian .
(c) The trip to Atlanta.
(d) An extra tour.
5. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Visiting the American embassy in France.
(b) Eating a French cafes.
(c) Marrying a French citizen.
(d) Living with a French Family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference does Baldwin suggest exists between soldiers that studied in Paris and those that did not?
2. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
3. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
4. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
5. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)