|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
(a) The Negroes would see a movie with an all-Negro cast.
(b) The all-Negro cast is less intimidating.
(c) White people do not want to see an interracial cast.
(d) There are no white people to which the Negroes may be compared.
2. What type of accommodations were promised to the Melodeers prior to leaving for Atlanta?
(a) One to a room.
(b) Two to a room.
(c) Dormitory style accommodations.
(d) Four to a room.
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Louis Burner.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(d) Clarance Warde.
4. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The architecture associated with Paris.
(b) The beauty of the language.
(c) The food associated with Paris.
(d) The romanticism associated with Paris.
5. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 18 days.
(b) 16 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 20 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
2. Why does Baldwin criticize the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set?
3. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
4. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
5. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)