|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
(a) By observing the lifestyle of the French African.
(b) By observing others and examining his own growth.
(c) By speaking with Parisians.
(d) By studying at a Parisian University.
2. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
(a) MGM Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
(c) Walt Disney Studios.
(d) Universal Studios.
3. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
4. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
(a) The homes of Progressive Party members.
(c) a Negro motel.
5. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) Social Stability.
(b) Social Congruence.
(c) Social Limbo.
(d) Social Butterflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
2. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
3. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
4. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
5. Why is the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set necessary for white audiences?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)