|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
2. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 16 days.
3. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Branson Price.
(b) Adam Jones.
(c) Clarence Warde.
(d) Henry Wallace.
4. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Walt Disney Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
(c) MGM Studios.
(d) Universal Studios.
5. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
(a) Because the characters speak like northern born Negroes.
(b) Because the characters speak like antebellum Negroes adopting the patterns language of their masters.
(c) Because the characters speak like enslaved Africans.
(d) Because the characters speak like stereotypical Negroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
2. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
3. What phenomenon does Baldwin address in the essay entitled, A Question of Identity?
4. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
5. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)