|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
(a) White people do not want to see an interracial cast.
(b) The Negroes would see a movie with an all-Negro cast.
(c) The all-Negro cast is less intimidating.
(d) There are no white people to which the Negroes may be compared.
2. Where is Atlanta located?
(c) New York.
3. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Louis Burner.
(b) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(c) Clarance Warde.
(d) Henry Wallace.
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Lena Horne.
(b) Dorothy Dandridge.
(c) Carmen Jones.
(d) Pearl Bailey.
5. In the chapter entitled A Question of Identity, what does Baldwin describe as a flimsy structure, beneath contempt, designed by and for all the other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
2. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
3. How long did the quartet's trip to Atlanta last?
4. According to Baldwin, what discovery brings an end to the alienation of the American student in Paris?
5. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)