|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
2. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Clarance Warde.
(b) Louis Burner.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Mrs. Brandon Price.
3. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
4. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
(a) The European future.
(b) The American past that is disregarded in Europe.
(c) The European present.
(d) The African past that is disregarded in Europe.
5. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(d) Sidney Poitier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
2. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
3. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
4. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
5. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)