|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Atlanta located?
(d) New York.
2. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(c) Joe Adams.
(d) Sidney Poitier.
3. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
4. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Louis Burner.
(b) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Clarance Warde.
5. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
(a) The stereotype of Negro women being the desire of white men's lust.
(b) The stereotype of light skinned Negroes being smarter than dark skinned Negroes.
(c) The stereotype of subservient Negro women.
(d) The stereotype of rampant sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
2. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
3. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
4. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
5. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)