|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
(a) Fraziers' Diner.
(b) Red's Diner.
(c) Fraziers' Café.
(d) Hunter Street Café.
2. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) Social Stability.
(b) Social Congruence.
(c) Social Butterflies.
(d) Social Limbo.
3. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
(c) a Negro motel.
(d) The homes of Progressive Party members.
4. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Sidney Poitier.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
5. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dark colored skin.
(c) Coarse hair.
(d) Brown eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
2. Where is Atlanta located?
3. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
5. Why does Baldwin criticize the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)