|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Those that marry French women.
(b) Those that know American history.
(c) Those that take time to study the culture and People of Paris.
(d) Those that use their GI funding to study at Parisian university.
2. Where is Atlanta located?
(c) New York.
3. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
(a) Mrs. Branson Price.
(b) Mr. Henry Wallace.
(c) Mrs. Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Mrs. Frank Johnson.
4. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
5. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
(a) The homes of Progressive Party members.
(b) a Negro motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
2. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
3. According to Baldwin, what does not exist among American students in Paris in the 1950s?
4. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
5. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)