|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
(a) Social Congruence.
(b) Social Butterflies.
(c) Social Stability.
(d) Social Limbo.
2. Where is Atlanta located?
(b) New York.
3. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The beauty of the language.
(b) The architecture associated with Paris.
(c) The food associated with Paris.
(d) The romanticism associated with Paris.
4. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
5. What phenomenon does Baldwin address in the essay entitled, A Question of Identity?
(a) Americans who chose to remain in America after the war.
(b) African Americans who leave America to write about race in America.
(c) Americans who chose to remain in Paris after the war.
(d) Americans who fought in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin claim that the soldiers who studied in Paris had in common with the rest of the soliders that fought in the war?
2. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
3. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
5. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)