|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(d) Drama .
2. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
(a) Because the ex-GIs could study the same things in the United States.
(b) Because ex-GIs went to Paris for the culture.
(c) Because ex-GIs rarely attended their courses.
(d) Because ex-GIs did not like in the student colony.
3. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
(a) Because the characters speak like northern born Negroes.
(b) Because the characters speak like antebellum Negroes adopting the patterns language of their masters.
(c) Because the characters speak like stereotypical Negroes.
(d) Because the characters speak like enslaved Africans.
4. Of all Americans, who does Baldwin say Negroes distrust the most?
5. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
2. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
3. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
4. Who was the presidential candidate representing the Progressive Party at the time Baldwin wrote this essay?
5. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)