|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maid's name in section forty?
(a) Mary Ann.
2. In section thirty-nine, Bukowski says he attended Los Angeles High School during which decade?
3. What item of clothing does the woman take when she leaves Bukowski's place in section nineteen?
4. What is the name of Bukowski's boss in section twenty-one?
5. What is the name of Bukowski's friend in section thirty-three?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section forty, Hank learns that Felica is what relation to Yevonna?
2. According to section twenty-seven, how much money did it take for Bukowski to have a party in his room?
3. In section twenty-five, Bukowski says a man can go ____ years without sex but can die in a week without a bowel movement.
4. What item does Bukowski's friend take from him at the end of section thirty-three?
5. What is the name of the man at the beginning of section thirty-six?
Short Essay Questions
1. In section twenty-four, describe the relationship between Bukowski and his wife.
2. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
3. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
4. Describe how Hank finally gets rid of William in section twenty-seven.
5. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
6. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
7. Describe Lou's plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three.
8. Describe Bukowski's experience in the tough bar in section twenty-one.
9. Describe what happens when Bukowski picks up the young prostitute and her lesbian manager in section twenty-five.
10. Describe what happened to Felica after she and Hank ran away from Yevonna in section forty.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)