|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As section twenty-two opens, what relative of Henry's has died?
2. In section twenty-six, what is the name of the friend who teaches poetry at an insane asylum?
3. In the letter in section twenty-six, the writer says that it all begins and ends with what?
4. In section thirty-eight, Bukowski says his mother was from what country?
5. What is the woman's name in section twenty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to section thirty-eight, what is the name of Bukowski's father?
2. In section thirty, Bukowski stays out of local fighting by saying that he is which nationality?
3. At the end of section forty, what is the room number Hank winds up in?
4. What is the name of the scrub woman Bukowski mentions in section twenty-seven?
5. What is the name of Bukowski's ex-girlfriend in section twenty-nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conflict between Elsie and the cabbie in section thirty-one.
2. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
3. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
4. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
5. Describe how Hank finally gets rid of William in section twenty-seven.
6. Describe what happens when Bukowski picks up the young prostitute and her lesbian manager in section twenty-five.
7. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
8. What revelation is given about Bukowski and Henry at the end of section twenty-two?
9. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
10. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)