|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man at the beginning of section thirty-six?
2. In section thirty-three, Bukowski asks his friend if he likes girls of what age?
3. As section twenty-three ends, Bukowski heads to which of the following cities?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) New York.
4. What is the name of Henry's neighbor who keeps birds in section twenty-two?
5. What is the maid's name in section forty?
(a) Mary Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. In section forty, Hank learns that Felica is what relation to Yevonna?
2. At the end of section thirty-six, the prisoner is taken to the torture chamber after he says he reads which newspaper?
3. In which of the following towns does section thirty take place?
4. In section twenty, the child says that mama saw all BUT WHICH of the following men?
5. In section thirty-four, the crying man has recordings of which famous composer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
2. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
3. Describe what happens when Bukowski picks up the young prostitute and her lesbian manager in section twenty-five.
4. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
5. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
6. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
7. Describe how Bukowski earns $50 in section thirty-four.
8. Describe Lou's plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three.
9. What goes wrong with the plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three?
10. Describe how Hank finally gets rid of William in section twenty-seven.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)