|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During section twenty-one, Bukowski says that his writing was featured in a portfolio with work from all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
2. What author does Bukowski encourage people to read in section twenty-five?
3. To what state do Bukowski and his new wife travel in section twenty-four?
4. In section thirty-nine, Bukowski says he attended Los Angeles High School during which decade?
5. In section twenty-six, what is the name of the friend who teaches poetry at an insane asylum?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section nineteen, the kids say that on the previous weekend Bukowski was dancing with what household item?
2. What color are the child's eyes in section twenty?
3. What is the name of the scrub woman Bukowski mentions in section twenty-seven?
4. When Bukowski's ex-girlfriend returns after their fight, which of the following men does she bring with her?
5. How much does the woman at the beginning of section twenty-eight weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
2. Describe what happens when Bukowski picks up the young prostitute and her lesbian manager in section twenty-five.
3. Describe the conflict between Elsie and the cabbie in section thirty-one.
4. Describe what happened to Felica after she and Hank ran away from Yevonna in section forty.
5. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Renie in section thirty-seven.
6. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
7. What goes wrong with the plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three?
8. Describe how Hank finally gets rid of William in section twenty-seven.
9. What revelation is given about Bukowski and Henry at the end of section twenty-two?
10. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)