|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank is finally forced to move his family to Yevonna's mother's house in section forty. In which of the following towns does the mother live?
(a) San Gabriel.
2. What is the name of the woman at the beginning of section thirty-seven?
3. At the end of section thirty-one, which of the following tells Bukowski about Sunderson's murder?
4. Yevonna says in section forty that she loves which of the following that many people dislike?
5. In which of the following towns does section thirty take place?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the prostitute Bukowski finds at the bar in section twenty-five?
2. In the letter in section twenty-six, the writer says that it all begins and ends with what?
3. How much does it cost Bukowski to rent a room for a week in section twenty-three?
4. In section twenty, the child says that mama saw all BUT WHICH of the following men?
5. In section thirty-two, Bukowski says that if you'd like to know who your friends are you should get what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened to Felica after she and Hank ran away from Yevonna in section forty.
2. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
3. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
4. Describe Bukowski's experience in the tough bar in section twenty-one.
5. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
6. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
7. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Renie in section thirty-seven.
8. Describe how Bukowski earns $50 in section thirty-four.
9. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
10. What revelation is given about Bukowski and Henry at the end of section twenty-two?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)