|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yevonna says in section forty that she loves which of the following that many people dislike?
2. In section twenty, the child says that mama saw all BUT WHICH of the following men?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's boss in section twenty-one?
4. What author does Bukowski encourage people to read in section twenty-five?
5. What is the name of Bukowski's accomplice in section thirty-five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section forty, where does Hank say he met Yevonna?
2. In which of the following towns does section thirty take place?
3. How much does the woman at the beginning of section twenty-eight weigh?
4. When Bukowski leaves the party in section nineteen and decides not to drive, how many blocks does he say he has to walk?
5. At the end of section thirty-one, which of the following tells Bukowski about Sunderson's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
2. Describe Bukowski's housing situation in section twenty-three.
3. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
4. What revelation is given about Bukowski and Henry at the end of section twenty-two?
5. Describe how Bukowski earns $50 in section thirty-four.
6. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
7. Describe Bukowski's experience in the tough bar in section twenty-one.
8. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
9. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
10. What is the relationship between the two speakers in section twenty, and what evidence suggests it?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)