|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of section thirty-six, the prisoner is taken to the torture chamber after he says he reads which newspaper?
(a) Bryan's Post.
(b) Open City.
(c) Revolution City.
(d) Free Post.
2. In section thirty-eight, Bukowski says his mother was from what country?
3. In section thirty-two, Bukowski says that there aren't any ________ in foxholes.
4. What is the name of the man at the beginning of section thirty-six?
5. What is the woman's name in section twenty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman at the beginning of section thirty-seven?
2. According to section twenty-seven, how much money did it take for Bukowski to have a party in his room?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's ex-girlfriend in section twenty-nine?
4. As section twenty-three ends, Bukowski heads to which of the following cities?
5. At the end of section forty, what is the room number Hank winds up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
2. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Renie in section thirty-seven.
3. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
4. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
5. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
6. Describe the conflict between Elsie and the cabbie in section thirty-one.
7. Describe how Hank finally gets rid of William in section twenty-seven.
8. What goes wrong with the plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three?
9. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
10. What revelation is given about Bukowski and Henry at the end of section twenty-two?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)