|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to section twenty-seven, how much money did it take for Bukowski to have a party in his room?
2. At the end of section thirty-six, the prisoner is taken to the torture chamber after he says he reads which newspaper?
(a) Revolution City.
(b) Bryan's Post.
(c) Open City.
(d) Free Post.
3. Toward the end of section twenty-four, to which state does Bukowski's ex-wife move?
4. As section twenty-three ends, Bukowski heads to which of the following cities?
(b) New York.
(c) Kansas City.
5. What is the name of the young black girl Bukowski likes in section thirty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's neighbor who keeps birds in section twenty-two?
2. In section thirty-four, the crying man has recordings of which famous composer?
3. In which of the following towns does section thirty take place?
4. In section thirty, Bukowski stays out of local fighting by saying that he is which nationality?
5. What is the name of the man at the beginning of section thirty-six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Bukowski meets the woman who ends up at his place in section nineteen.
2. What is the relationship between the two speakers in section twenty, and what evidence suggests it?
3. What is Yevonna like physically before her marriage to Hank, and how does that change after the marriage in section forty?
4. In section twenty-four, describe the relationship between Bukowski and his wife.
5. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
6. What is the letter Bukowski relates in section twenty-six?
7. Describe the conflict between Elsie and the cabbie in section thirty-one.
8. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Renie in section thirty-seven.
9. Describe what happened to Felica after she and Hank ran away from Yevonna in section forty.
10. Describe Lou's plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)