|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As section one opens, what friend is Bukowski sitting with?
2. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
3. In section six, Bukowski notes that all the so-called artists in the Village are wearing what type of hat?
(a) Baseball hats.
(c) Cowboy hats.
(d) Top hats.
4. As section eighteen ends, Bukowski is listening to music on his radio from what country?
5. What is the name of Henry's girlfriend in section seventeen?
(d) Mary Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bukowski ends section five by asking who cares about a dead what?
2. When Bukowski leaves the apartment after the card game fight, to which city does he take a bus?
3. In his introduction of Kerouac, Bukowski says Kerouac personally knows all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
4. According to Bukowski's friend, during the murder he witnessed the killers used what to murder their victim?
5. During section nine Bukowski gives a quote from Reagan. What political office does he say Reagan holds at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bukowski's concerns about revolution as discussed in section twelve.
2. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
3. In section thirteen, what conclusions does the narrator draw about the life he's led?
4. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
5. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
6. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
7. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
8. Based on the foreword, describe the process by which this book came to be.
9. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
10. In section one, why is Bukowski stuck in his apartment?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)