Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the saleswoman leaves, Jack remembers that there are how many dead bodies in his house?
2. In section eighteen, what method does Bukowski say he tried to commit suicide?
3. While in jail for killing Bugsy, what does Bukowski learn was the result of the baseball game?
(a) Blues won.
(b) Blues lost.
(c) He doesn't find out.
(d) Tied game.
4. As section eleven opens, Freddie tells his boss he hasn't been to work because he's building what scientific device?
(b) Leyden jar.
(c) Tesla coil.
(d) Kline bottle.
5. How many track police attempt to subdue the angry crowd on the track in section eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. As section ten opens, which team has won the ballgame?
2. What is the name of Jack's friend who shows up when he sits back down to sew?
3. As Bukowski and his friend head to L's house, the friend comments that L owes how much in back taxes?
4. In section twelve, Bukowski says the boys in the parks are led by all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
5. How long ago did professors start knocking at the narrator's door in section thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
2. What goes wrong with the plan to strike it rich in section thirty-three?
3. As section fifteen begins, what early comment does Bukowski make about L that foreshadows his dislike of the man?
4. In section twenty-four, describe the relationship between Bukowski and his wife.
5. Explain Jimmy Crispin's reasons for wanting to play baseball in section two.
6. Describe how Bukowski earns $50 in section thirty-four.
7. Describe Bukowski's relationship with Renie in section thirty-seven.
8. Describe Bukowski's housing situation in section twenty-three.
9. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
10. In section one, why is Bukowski stuck in his apartment?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)