|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving New York at the end of section six, to which town does Bukowski go?
(c) Kansas City.
2. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
(a) Unitarian Church.
(b) Baptist Church.
(c) Methodist Church.
(d) Evangelical Church.
3. According to section nine, what is it that makes Reagan right and everyone else so wrong?
(d) Speech writers.
4. In section eighteen, Bukowski tells the story of trying to save a man who attempted suicide by what method?
5. In his introduction of Kerouac, Bukowski says Kerouac personally knows all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
2. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
3. After relating the rant from the sportscaster, Bukowski says that _____ out of 60 men on the street are cuckoo.
4. What is the name of Jack's daughter in section fourteen?
5. When Neal is killed, which friend calls Bukowski to tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Moss and Anderson decide in the course of their discussion about the laws of nature in regard to mating practices?
2. What does the narrator finally discover about dying at the end of section thirteen?
3. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
4. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
5. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
6. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
7. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
8. In section nine, Bukowski has what to say in response to the assassinations of Kennedy, King, and Malcolm X?
9. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
10. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)