|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freddie use to kill Marty when Marty and the mother come to pick up the little girl?
(a) Beer bottle.
(d) Butcher knife.
2. What time is it in section thirteen as the narrator wakes?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 12 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
3. After relating the rant from the sportscaster, Bukowski says that _____ out of 60 men on the street are cuckoo.
4. In section seven, what nationality is the announcer at the Olympic?
5. While in jail for killing Bugsy, what does Bukowski learn was the result of the baseball game?
(a) Blues lost.
(b) He doesn't find out.
(c) Tied game.
(d) Blues won.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
2. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
3. Which horse won the 6th race at the end of section eight?
4. What does Jack get out of the freezer toward the end of section fourteen?
5. What famous author does Bukowski cite in section nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
2. In section nine, Bukowski has what to say in response to the assassinations of Kennedy, King, and Malcolm X?
3. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
4. In section fourteen, where are the bodies located in the house?
5. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
6. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
7. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
8. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
9. Describe Bukowski's concerns about revolution as discussed in section twelve.
10. During the discussion of John Bryan, what reason does Bukowski give for Bryan's termination from the Herald-Examiner?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)