|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of section three, Bukowski gets a letter from his ex-wife. Where does she live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) North Hollywood.
2. In section five Bukowski says he finds there are other things besides the mind, including all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) Pepper shakers.
(c) Palm trees.
3. What is the name of the beautiful woman that Bugsy probably uses to distract J.C. while cutting off his wings?
4. In section eight, the official payoff of $5.40 means Bukowski will get $27.00 instead of what possible amount?
5. The baseball-playing angel in section two does interviews with all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Italian city does section five take place?
2. When Bukowski goes to have his clothes cleaned in section six, what clothing item do the store owners sell him instead?
3. What happens to the narrator at the end of section thirteen?
4. As section four begins, where does Bukowski say that Neal C. died?
5. In section ten, at whose apartment are the friends spending Saturday night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, in section fourteen, does Jack finally call the police and report himself as a murderer?
2. At the end of section one, what explanation does Bukowski give for the fight with Elf?
3. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
4. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
5. According to Bukowski, why does the crowd continue to bet on the races after the riot on the field in section eight?
6. Explain why Bukowski is tired of the bar scene in section sixteen.
7. Describe the circumstances Bukowski relates in section eighteen about his friend Lou's attempted suicide.
8. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
9. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
10. What does the narrator finally discover about dying at the end of section thirteen?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)