|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As section five opens, how old does Bukowski say Kerouac is?
2. After the saleswoman leaves, Jack remembers that there are how many dead bodies in his house?
3. When Neal is killed, which friend calls Bukowski to tell him?
4. What does Jack get out of the freezer toward the end of section fourteen?
5. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of section sixteen, Bukowski does what?
2. According to section twelve, revolution is all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
4. When Bukowski goes to have his clothes cleaned in section six, what clothing item do the store owners sell him instead?
5. In section twelve, which of the following places does Bukowski NOT mention as a religious con town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski mean at the end of section five when he says, "who cares about a dead battery?"
2. Based on the foreword, describe the process by which this book came to be.
3. How does Henry respond to his ailment in section seventeen?
4. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
5. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
6. In section thirteen, what conclusions does the narrator draw about the life he's led?
7. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
8. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
9. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
10. After leaving New York at the end of section six, what sentiments does Bukowski voice about the city?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)