|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving New York at the end of section six, to which town does Bukowski go?
(c) Kansas City.
2. According to Freddie in section eleven, people are made of all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. What happens to the narrator at the end of section thirteen?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He goes to work.
(c) He dies.
(d) His girlfriend shows up.
4. While in jail for killing Bugsy, what does Bukowski learn was the result of the baseball game?
(a) Blues lost.
(b) Blues won.
(c) He doesn't find out.
(d) Tied game.
5. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
(a) Revolutionary City.
(b) Bryan's Post.
(c) Free City.
(d) Open City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
2. When Bukowski kills Bugsy during the final game, how long does he mention that the game is paused?
3. As section three begins, what instrument does Bukowski sit down to play?
4. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
5. In section three, how much money does Big Jack say Bukowski owes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
2. After leaving New York at the end of section six, what sentiments does Bukowski voice about the city?
3. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
4. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
5. During the discussion of John Bryan, what reason does Bukowski give for Bryan's termination from the Herald-Examiner?
6. In section thirteen, what conclusions does the narrator draw about the life he's led?
7. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
8. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
9. How does Henry respond to his ailment in section seventeen?
10. In section seven, by what process does Bukowski pick the fight winners at the Olympic?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)