|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the assassination, Bukowski says HE didn't murder all BUT WHICH of the following?
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) George Lincoln Rockwell.
(d) Malcom X.
2. According to Bukowski, what percentage of the time is he correct about the results of the boxing matches at the Olympic?
3. As section ten opens, which team has won the ballgame?
4. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
5. Who is knocking at the door when Bukowski wakes up after the card game fight?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to section nine, what is it that makes Reagan right and everyone else so wrong?
2. The other patients are reading all BUT WHICH of the following magazines when Henry arrives at the doctor's office?
3. After relating the rant from the sportscaster, Bukowski says that _____ out of 60 men on the street are cuckoo.
4. Bukowski says in section twelve that he's on the side of what?
5. As section eighteen ends, Bukowski is listening to music on his radio from what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Bukowski, why does the crowd continue to bet on the races after the riot on the field in section eight?
2. At the end of section one, what explanation does Bukowski give for the fight with Elf?
3. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
4. When discussing the origin of the Open City newspaper, what challenges does Bukowski say that his friend John Bryan faced?
5. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
6. Describe Bukowski's concerns about revolution as discussed in section twelve.
7. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
8. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
9. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
10. After leaving New York at the end of section six, what sentiments does Bukowski voice about the city?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)