|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bukowski says, during the final baseball game, that the Blues are behind 10 to 0 by which inning?
2. After vomiting several times, the narrator says he hears what on Sunset Blvd?
3. What does Bukowski's friend carry in an elastic strap on his arm in section sixteen?
(a) Ice pick.
(d) Beer can opener.
4. What does Freddie use to kill Marty when Marty and the mother come to pick up the little girl?
(c) Butcher knife.
(d) Beer bottle.
5. Bukowski says in section eight that if he has any advice for anyone it's to take up what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the assassination, Bukowski says HE didn't murder all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. In section sixteen, how old is Bukowski's friend?
3. What does the little girl in section eleven call her father?
4. What color is the car Neal nearly hits while driving in section four?
5. Toward the end of section four, the babysitter keeps comparing Bukowski to which famous writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, in section fourteen, does Jack finally call the police and report himself as a murderer?
2. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
3. How does Henry respond to his ailment in section seventeen?
4. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
5. In section nine, Bukowski has what to say in response to the assassinations of Kennedy, King, and Malcolm X?
6. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
7. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
8. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
9. In section thirteen, what conclusions does the narrator draw about the life he's led?
10. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)