|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The baseball-playing angel in section two does interviews with all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
2. What does Freddie use to kill Marty when Marty and the mother come to pick up the little girl?
(a) Beer bottle.
(b) Butcher knife.
3. According to section twelve, revolution is all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. In section seven, what is the name of Bukowski's favorite fighter who was beaten by Balanos?
5. Bukowski closes section twelve by saying that he hopes it made you spill what sort of beverage?
Short Answer Questions
1. As section eleven opens, Freddie tells his boss he hasn't been to work because he's building what scientific device?
2. As section nine ends, Bukowski tells the story of a conversation with a psychiatrist friend in what town?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's lady love in section seven?
4. Which horse won the 6th race at the end of section eight?
5. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
2. What does Bukowski mean at the end of section five when he says, "who cares about a dead battery?"
3. What begins the major argument between Bukowski and L in section fifteen?
4. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
5. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
6. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
7. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
8. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
9. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
10. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)