|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of section three, Bukowski gets a letter from his ex-wife. Where does she live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) North Hollywood.
2. As section nine begins, Bukowski says that the main problem with the Kennedy assassination is that we lose gains in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
3. When talking to Big Jack, Bukowski finally figures out that he is where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) North Hollywood.
4. Bukowski ends section five by asking who cares about a dead what?
5. In section eighteen, Bukowski tells the story of trying to save a man who attempted suicide by what method?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section twelve, Bukowski says the boys in the parks are led by all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
2. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
3. Who is knocking at the door when Bukowski wakes up after the card game fight?
4. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
5. In section seven, what is the name of Bukowski's favorite fighter who was beaten by Balanos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
2. After leaving New York at the end of section six, what sentiments does Bukowski voice about the city?
3. What happens in section twenty-nine when Mary brings Eddie and the Duchess to Bukowski's place?
4. What do Moss and Anderson decide in the course of their discussion about the laws of nature in regard to mating practices?
5. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
6. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
7. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
8. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
9. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
10. Describe the circumstances Bukowski relates in section eighteen about his friend Lou's attempted suicide.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)