|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl in the doctor's office in section seventeen?
(a) Mary Ann.
2. What is the name of the beautiful woman that Bugsy probably uses to distract J.C. while cutting off his wings?
3. According to Bukowski, what percentage of the time is he correct about the results of the boxing matches at the Olympic?
4. What is the name of Bukowski's lady love in section seven?
5. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
(a) Unitarian Church.
(b) Evangelical Church.
(c) Baptist Church.
(d) Methodist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In section twelve, which of the following places does Bukowski NOT mention as a religious con town?
2. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
3. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
4. What color is the car Neal nearly hits while driving in section four?
5. During section nine Bukowski gives a quote from Reagan. What political office does he say Reagan holds at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
2. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
3. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
4. Explain Jimmy Crispin's reasons for wanting to play baseball in section two.
5. Describe the circumstances Bukowski relates in section eighteen about his friend Lou's attempted suicide.
6. Explain why Bukowski is tired of the bar scene in section sixteen.
7. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
8. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
9. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
10. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)