|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In section twelve, Bukowski says to avoid all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
2. What is the name of the horse that punches through the angry crowd at the racetrack?
(b) Rich Desire.
3. What nationality is L's butler in section fifteen?
4. Bukowski says in section eight that if he has any advice for anyone it's to take up what?
5. The baseball-playing angel in section two does interviews with all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's lady love in section seven?
2. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
3. How many track police attempt to subdue the angry crowd on the track in section eight?
4. At the end of section ten, Moss tells the woman he calls that he's been thinking about a dress she wore. What color was the dress?
5. In section six, Bukowski notes that all the so-called artists in the Village are wearing what type of hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
2. How does the landlady in section twenty-eight respond to the broken bed?
3. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
4. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
5. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
6. According to Bukowski, why does the crowd continue to bet on the races after the riot on the field in section eight?
7. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
8. In section nine, Bukowski has what to say in response to the assassinations of Kennedy, King, and Malcolm X?
9. Describe what happened to Felica after she and Hank ran away from Yevonna in section forty.
10. Explain Jimmy Crispin's reasons for wanting to play baseball in section two.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)