|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bukowski leaves the apartment after the card game fight, to which city does he take a bus?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
2. While discussing John Bryan, Bukowski mentions that he originally worked for which publication?
(a) Herald Free Press.
(b) L.A. Free Press.
(d) L.A. Open Press.
3. What is the name of the beautiful woman that Bugsy probably uses to distract J.C. while cutting off his wings?
4. According to section nine, what is it that makes Reagan right and everyone else so wrong?
(b) Speech writers.
5. In section twelve, which of the following places does Bukowski NOT mention as a religious con town?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving at L's house, Bukowski notes that there's a guitar worth how much money laying in the porch swing?
2. What nationality is L's butler in section fifteen?
3. As section five opens, how old does Bukowski say Kerouac is?
4. In section seven, what is the name of Bukowski's favorite fighter who was beaten by Balanos?
5. As section nine ends, Bukowski tells the story of a conversation with a psychiatrist friend in what town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superior officer in section thirty-six finally order Stirkoff to be taken to the torture chamber?
2. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
3. In section seven, by what process does Bukowski pick the fight winners at the Olympic?
4. At the end of section one, what explanation does Bukowski give for the fight with Elf?
5. In section twenty-four, describe the relationship between Bukowski and his wife.
6. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
7. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
8. In section nine, Bukowski has what to say in response to the assassinations of Kennedy, King, and Malcolm X?
9. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
10. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)