|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl in the doctor's office in section seventeen?
(b) Mary Ann.
2. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
3. As section nine begins, Bukowski says that the main problem with the Kennedy assassination is that we lose gains in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
4. When talking to Big Jack, Bukowski finally figures out that he is where?
(b) North Hollywood.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. In section eight, the official payoff of $5.40 means Bukowski will get $27.00 instead of what possible amount?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of section sixteen, Bukowski does what?
2. Bukowski says in section eighteen that he last tried suicide in what year?
3. In section seven, what nationality is the announcer at the Olympic?
4. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
5. What does Jack get out of the freezer toward the end of section fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
2. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
3. In section one, why is Bukowski stuck in his apartment?
4. Describe Henry's ailment in section seventeen.
5. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
6. Explain Jimmy Crispin's reasons for wanting to play baseball in section two.
7. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
8. According to Bukowski, why does the crowd continue to bet on the races after the riot on the field in section eight?
9. In section seven, by what process does Bukowski pick the fight winners at the Olympic?
10. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)