|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
2. What color is the car Neal nearly hits while driving in section four?
3. While discussing John Bryan, Bukowski mentions that he originally worked for which publication?
(a) L.A. Free Press.
(b) L.A. Open Press.
(d) Herald Free Press.
4. In section eighteen, what method does Bukowski say he tried to commit suicide?
5. As section ten opens, which team has won the ballgame?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to section twelve, revolution is all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. Bukowski says in his foreword that Bryan is a type of crazy idealist and what?
3. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
4. According to Bukowski's foreword, what are the chances that an accepted poem might be published?
5. While in jail for killing Bugsy, what does Bukowski learn was the result of the baseball game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
2. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
3. To what does Bukowski compare the smell behind the curtain in section three?
4. In section fourteen, where are the bodies located in the house?
5. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
6. In section one, why is Bukowski stuck in his apartment?
7. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
8. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
9. Describe the circumstances Bukowski relates in section eighteen about his friend Lou's attempted suicide.
10. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)