|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The baseball-playing angel in section two does interviews with all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
2. What item does Bukowski steal from L as they prepare to leave the old man's house?
3. As section nine ends, Bukowski tells the story of a conversation with a psychiatrist friend in what town?
(a) Santa Fe.
(b) New York.
(c) Kansas City.
4. What is the name of the beautiful woman that Bugsy probably uses to distract J.C. while cutting off his wings?
5. What does Jack get out of the freezer toward the end of section fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. During section nine Bukowski gives a quote from Reagan. What political office does he say Reagan holds at this time?
2. As section eleven opens, Freddie tells his boss he hasn't been to work because he's building what scientific device?
3. In his introduction of Kerouac, Bukowski says Kerouac personally knows all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
4. Bukowski says in section twelve that he's on the side of what?
5. To which show tune do Freddie and his daughter dance in section eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Neal is doing when Bukowski meets him in section four.
2. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
3. Describe the relationship between Marty and the little girl in section eleven.
4. Bukowski spends some time in the foreword detailing his thoughts about fame and reputation. Explain his sentiments.
5. What begins the major argument between Bukowski and L in section fifteen?
6. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
7. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
8. When his friend Kerouac speaks out against homosexuals in section five, how does Bukowski respond?
9. Why, in section fourteen, does Jack finally call the police and report himself as a murderer?
10. What does Bukowski mean at the end of section five when he says, "who cares about a dead battery?"
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)