|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After vomiting several times, the narrator says he hears what on Sunset Blvd?
2. What does Freddie use to kill Marty when Marty and the mother come to pick up the little girl?
(a) Butcher knife.
(b) Beer bottle.
3. From what country does Henry's doctor come in section seventeen?
4. When Bukowski leaves the apartment after the card game fight, to which city does he take a bus?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New Orleans.
5. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
2. What famous author does Bukowski cite in section nine?
3. In section five Bukowski says he finds there are other things besides the mind, including all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
5. As section one opens, what friend is Bukowski sitting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
2. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
3. At the end of section one, what explanation does Bukowski give for the fight with Elf?
4. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
5. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
6. When his friend Kerouac speaks out against homosexuals in section five, how does Bukowski respond?
7. Describe Bukowski's concerns about revolution as discussed in section twelve.
8. In section sixteen, explain what event Red says he witnessed for which he was given a wallet to keep quiet.
9. How does Henry respond to his ailment in section seventeen?
10. Describe the circumstances Bukowski relates in section eighteen about his friend Lou's attempted suicide.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)