|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Italian city does section five take place?
2. Toward the end of section four, the babysitter keeps comparing Bukowski to which famous writer?
3. What is the little girl in the doctor's office playing with when Henry arrives?
4. As section thirteen opens, the narrator says they were right when they said not to mix pills with what form of alcohol?
5. From what country does Henry's doctor come in section seventeen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's girlfriend in section seventeen?
2. Which horse won the 6th race at the end of section eight?
3. As section one opens, what friend is Bukowski sitting with?
4. What is the name of the little girl in the doctor's office in section seventeen?
5. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
2. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
3. Explain why Bukowski is tired of the bar scene in section sixteen.
4. Describe what letter Bukowski finds in his mailbox when he arrives home at the end of section three.
5. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
6. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
7. Why, according to section twelve, is Bukowski happy to be living in the age he is despite the chaos and corruption?
8. During the discussion of John Bryan, what reason does Bukowski give for Bryan's termination from the Herald-Examiner?
9. What do Moss and Anderson decide in the course of their discussion about the laws of nature in regard to mating practices?
10. When his friend Kerouac speaks out against homosexuals in section five, how does Bukowski respond?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)