|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did professors start knocking at the narrator's door in section thirteen?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. What is the name of Jack's wife in section fourteen?
3. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) A.E. Hotchner.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) John Steinbeck.
4. As Bukowski and his friend head to L's house, the friend comments that L owes how much in back taxes?
(a) 250 grand.
(b) 125 grand.
(c) 85 grand.
(d) 800 grand.
5. What is the name of Bukowski's lady love in section seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. During section nine Bukowski gives a quote from Reagan. What political office does he say Reagan holds at this time?
2. Toward the end of section three, Bukowski gets a letter from his ex-wife. Where does she live?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's friend at the beginning of section sixteen?
4. In response to the assassination, Bukowski says HE didn't murder all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. While sitting at the racetrack, Bukowski notes that the track doubled the parking fee to what amount?
Short Essay Questions
1. In section eighteen Bukowski discusses suicide. Describe Bukowski's personal suicide attempt and the result.
2. After leaving New York at the end of section six, what sentiments does Bukowski voice about the city?
3. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
4. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
5. During the discussion of John Bryan, what reason does Bukowski give for Bryan's termination from the Herald-Examiner?
6. What does the narrator finally discover about dying at the end of section thirteen?
7. Based on the foreword, describe the process by which this book came to be.
8. In section ten, how does Moss convince Shareen to let them come over?
9. In section one, why is Bukowski stuck in his apartment?
10. What does Bukowski say after relating the rant from the sportscaster who wants to lock up the mad?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)