|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous holiday newspaper cover did Bryan have a problem with when he was fired?
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
(d) New Year.
2. According to Bukowski, what percentage of the time is he correct about the results of the boxing matches at the Olympic?
3. What is the name of Henry's girlfriend in section seventeen?
(a) Mary Ann.
4. After relating the rant from the sportscaster, Bukowski says that _____ out of 60 men on the street are cuckoo.
5. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
(a) Jack Crenshaw.
(b) Johnny Cross.
(c) Jimmy Crispin.
(d) Jim Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
2. In section eight, the official payoff of $5.40 means Bukowski will get $27.00 instead of what possible amount?
3. As Bukowski and his friend head to L's house, the friend comments that L owes how much in back taxes?
4. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
5. In section ten, at whose apartment are the friends spending Saturday night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, in section fourteen, does Jack finally call the police and report himself as a murderer?
2. How does Bukowski react when his favorite fighter loses to Balanos in section seven?
3. How does Henry respond to his ailment in section seventeen?
4. Describe what happens when Bukowski picks up the young prostitute and her lesbian manager in section twenty-five.
5. What experience does Bukowski have with the Jewish cleaners in section six?
6. At the end of section four, what does Bukowski say he said to Neal when they first met?
7. What happens in section thirty-eight when Bukowski goes home drunk?
8. Explain who saws off Jimmy Crispin's wings in section two, and why.
9. In section eight, what does Bukowski have to say about philosophers?
10. Describe the relationship between Freddie and his daughter in section eleven.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)