|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the woman at the beginning of section twenty-eight weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 275 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
2. As section twenty-two opens, what relative of Henry's has died?
3. In section thirty-four, the crying man has recordings of which famous composer?
4. Who wrote the letter in section twenty-six?
5. In which of the following towns does section twenty-eight take place?
(b) Kansas City.
(c) New York.
6. In which of the following cities does section twenty-one take place?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York.
7. When Bukowski's ex-girlfriend returns after their fight, which of the following men does she bring with her?
8. What is the name of Bukowski's ex-girlfriend in section twenty-nine?
9. At the end of section thirty-one, which of the following tells Bukowski about Sunderson's murder?
10. What is the name of Henry's neighbor who keeps birds in section twenty-two?
11. What is the maid's name in section forty?
(c) Mary Ann.
12. In section thirty-three, Bukowski asks his friend if he likes girls of what age?
13. What is the name of the Colonel in section thirty-nine who runs the ROTC program?
14. In section thirty-six, the man being questioned states that a brave man is one who doesn't know what a _______ is.
15. In section thirty-nine, Bukowski says he attended Los Angeles High School during which decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. In section twenty-five, Bukowski says a man can go ____ years without sex but can die in a week without a bowel movement.
2. In the letter in section twenty-six, the writer says that it all begins and ends with what?
3. What color are the child's eyes in section twenty?
4. In section thirty-five Bukowski tells his friend that it's not actually difficult to understand which author?
5. In which of the following cities does section twenty-three take place?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)