|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In section nineteen, the kids say that on the previous weekend Bukowski was dancing with what household item?
(c) Vacuum cleaner.
(d) Ironing board.
2. In section thirty-eight, Bukowski says his mother was from what country?
3. In section twenty-six, what is the name of the friend who teaches poetry at an insane asylum?
4. As section twenty-two opens, what relative of Henry's has died?
5. What item does Bukowski's friend take from him at the end of section thirty-three?
6. What is the name of the scrub woman Bukowski mentions in section twenty-seven?
7. In section thirty-four, the crying man has recordings of which famous composer?
8. How much does the woman at the beginning of section twenty-eight weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 275 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
9. When Bukowski's ex-girlfriend returns after their fight, which of the following men does she bring with her?
10. During section twenty-one, Bukowski says that his writing was featured in a portfolio with work from all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
11. Yevonna says in section forty that she loves which of the following that many people dislike?
12. What is the name of the stripper in section thirty-seven?
13. In which of the following towns does section twenty-eight take place?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) New York.
14. How much does it cost Bukowski to rent a room for a week in section twenty-three?
15. In section thirty-two, Bukowski says that if you'd like to know who your friends are you should get what?
(a) Fancy house.
(b) Lottery ticket.
(c) Beautiful wife.
(d) Jail sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of section twenty-four, to which state does Bukowski's ex-wife move?
2. Hank is finally forced to move his family to Yevonna's mother's house in section forty. In which of the following towns does the mother live?
3. According to section twenty-seven, how much money did it take for Bukowski to have a party in his room?
4. In which of the following cities does section twenty-one take place?
5. What is the name of Henry's neighbor who keeps birds in section twenty-two?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)