|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maid's name in section forty?
(c) Mary Ann.
2. What is the woman's name in section twenty-eight?
3. When Bukowski leaves the party in section nineteen and decides not to drive, how many blocks does he say he has to walk?
4. What is the name of the man at the beginning of section thirty-six?
5. What is the name of the scrub woman Bukowski mentions in section twenty-seven?
6. In section forty, Hank learns that Felica is what relation to Yevonna?
7. Toward the end of section twenty-four, to which state does Bukowski's ex-wife move?
8. Yevonna says in section forty that she loves which of the following that many people dislike?
9. What is the name of the woman Bukowski plans to marry in section twenty-four?
10. Section thirty-two says that if you'd like to know where God is, you should ask who?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A child.
11. What is the name of Henry's neighbor who keeps birds in section twenty-two?
12. In section thirty-nine, Bukowski says he attended Los Angeles High School during which decade?
13. In section twenty-five, Bukowski says a man can go ____ years without sex but can die in a week without a bowel movement.
14. What is the name of Bukowski's ex-girlfriend in section twenty-nine?
15. In section twenty-six, what is the name of the friend who teaches poetry at an insane asylum?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does the woman take when she leaves Bukowski's place in section nineteen?
2. At the end of section forty, what is the room number Hank winds up in?
3. In which of the following towns does section thirty take place?
4. In which of the following cities does section twenty-three take place?
5. During section twenty-one, Bukowski says that his writing was featured in a portfolio with work from all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)