|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
2. In section twelve, Bukowski says to avoid all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
3. What is the name of the police officer who turns Henry's body over at the end of section seventeen?
4. What does the little girl in section eleven call her father?
5. What is the name of Bukowski's friend at the beginning of section fifteen?
6. In the foreword, Bukowski mentions that Bryan's beard is what color?
7. Bukowski closes section twelve by saying that he hopes it made you spill what sort of beverage?
8. What does Bukowski's friend carry in an elastic strap on his arm in section sixteen?
(a) Ice pick.
(b) Beer can opener.
9. According to Freddie in section eleven, people are made of all BUT WHICH of the following?
10. As section thirteen opens, the narrator says they were right when they said not to mix pills with what form of alcohol?
11. Which famous holiday newspaper cover did Bryan have a problem with when he was fired?
(b) New Year.
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
12. What is the name of Jack's friend who shows up when he sits back down to sew?
13. After the saleswoman leaves, Jack remembers that there are how many dead bodies in his house?
14. According to section nine, what is it that makes Reagan right and everyone else so wrong?
(a) Speech writers.
15. What is the name of the woman Moss calls toward the end of section ten?
(b) Mary Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bukowski's friend, during the murder he witnessed the killers used what to murder their victim?
2. Bukowski says in section eighteen that he last tried suicide in what year?
3. What happens to the narrator at the end of section thirteen?
4. In section sixteen, how old is Bukowski's friend?
5. From what country does Henry's doctor come in section seventeen?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)