|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In section six, Bukowski notes that all the so-called artists in the Village are wearing what type of hat?
(a) Cowboy hats.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Baseball hats.
2. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) A.E. Hotchner.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. In section seven, what nationality is the announcer at the Olympic?
4. What color is the car Neal nearly hits while driving in section four?
5. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
(a) Johnny Cross.
(b) Jim Crow.
(c) Jack Crenshaw.
(d) Jimmy Crispin.
6. After leaving New York at the end of section six, to which town does Bukowski go?
(b) Kansas City.
7. When Bukowski finds himself outside Yankee Stadium in section six, which former Yankee player does he mention as his boyhood hero?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Joe Dimaggio.
(d) Yogi Berra.
8. While discussing John Bryan, Bukowski mentions that he originally worked for which publication?
(a) Herald Free Press.
(c) L.A. Free Press.
(d) L.A. Open Press.
9. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
10. When Bukowski leaves the apartment after the card game fight, to which city does he take a bus?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Los Angeles.
11. As section ten opens, which team has won the ballgame?
12. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
13. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
14. Which famous holiday newspaper cover did Bryan have a problem with when he was fired?
(b) New Year.
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
15. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bukowski kills Bugsy during the final game, how long does he mention that the game is paused?
2. In his introduction of Kerouac, Bukowski says Kerouac personally knows all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
3. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
4. Toward the end of section four, the babysitter keeps comparing Bukowski to which famous writer?
5. During the fight in section two, Bukowski wishes that any BUT WHICH of the following would put a stop to it?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)