|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
2. After vomiting several times, the narrator says he hears what on Sunset Blvd?
3. Toward the end of section three, Bukowski gets a letter from his ex-wife. Where does she live?
(c) North Hollywood.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. In the foreword, Bukowski mentions that Bryan's beard is what color?
5. Bukowski says in section eighteen that he last tried suicide in what year?
6. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
7. As section one opens, what friend is Bukowski sitting with?
8. As section fourteen opens, what is the woman at the door selling?
(b) Sour cream.
(c) Ice cream.
9. In section eight, the official payoff of $5.40 means Bukowski will get $27.00 instead of what possible amount?
10. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
11. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
(a) Support a family.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Provide much of a life.
(d) Pay the bills.
12. What is the name of Henry's girlfriend in section seventeen?
(b) Mary Ann.
13. What is the little girl in the doctor's office playing with when Henry arrives?
14. The baseball-playing angel in section two does interviews with all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
15. In section three, how much money does Big Jack say Bukowski owes him?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bukowski goes to have his clothes cleaned in section six, what clothing item do the store owners sell him instead?
2. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
3. As section five opens, how old does Bukowski say Kerouac is?
4. In section seven, what nationality is the announcer at the Olympic?
5. In section sixteen, how old is Bukowski's friend?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)