|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bukowski says in section eight that if he has any advice for anyone it's to take up what?
2. Bukowski says in section eighteen that he last tried suicide in what year?
3. In section twelve, Bukowski says the boys in the parks are led by all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
4. What is the little girl in the doctor's office playing with when Henry arrives?
5. What is the name of the horse that punches through the angry crowd at the racetrack?
(b) Rich Desire.
6. At the end of section ten, Moss tells the woman he calls that he's been thinking about a dress she wore. What color was the dress?
7. What is the name of Jack's wife in section fourteen?
8. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
(a) Jim Crow.
(b) Jimmy Crispin.
(c) Jack Crenshaw.
(d) Johnny Cross.
9. What is the name of Bukowski's friend at the beginning of section sixteen?
10. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
(a) Papa Hemingway.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(c) This Side of Paradise.
(d) A Rose for Emily.
11. What is the name of the little girl in the doctor's office in section seventeen?
(c) Mary Ann.
12. What time is it in section thirteen as the narrator wakes?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 12 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
13. In the foreword, Bukowski mentions that Bryan's beard is what color?
14. What does the little girl in section eleven call her father?
15. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
(a) Evangelical Church.
(b) Baptist Church.
(c) Methodist Church.
(d) Unitarian Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In section seven, what nationality is the announcer at the Olympic?
2. In what Italian city does section five take place?
3. Bukowski says, during the final baseball game, that the Blues are behind 10 to 0 by which inning?
4. After relating the rant from the sportscaster, Bukowski says that _____ out of 60 men on the street are cuckoo.
5. At the end of section sixteen, Bukowski does what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)