|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is L's butler in section fifteen?
2. As section seventeen opens, Henry notes that it is what day of the week?
3. Bukowski closes section twelve by saying that he hopes it made you spill what sort of beverage?
4. In section ten, at whose apartment are the friends spending Saturday night?
5. Which famous holiday newspaper cover did Bryan have a problem with when he was fired?
(c) New Year.
(d) Rosh Hashanah.
6. When Bukowski kills Bugsy during the final game, how long does he mention that the game is paused?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
7. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
8. Which horse won the 6th race at the end of section eight?
(b) Rich Desire.
9. As section ten opens, which team has won the ballgame?
10. While discussing John Bryan, Bukowski mentions that he originally worked for which publication?
(a) L.A. Free Press.
(b) Herald Free Press.
(c) L.A. Open Press.
11. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
12. As section eighteen ends, Bukowski is listening to music on his radio from what country?
13. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
(a) This Side of Paradise.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(c) Papa Hemingway.
(d) A Rose for Emily.
14. What is the name of Jack's wife in section fourteen?
15. According to Bukowski, what percentage of the time is he correct about the results of the boxing matches at the Olympic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's friend who shows up when he sits back down to sew?
2. What is the name of Bukowski's friend at the beginning of section fifteen?
3. In the foreword, Bukowski says that the book contains selections from about _____ months worth of columns.
4. What is the name of Henry's girlfriend in section seventeen?
5. The other patients are reading all BUT WHICH of the following magazines when Henry arrives at the doctor's office?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)