|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little girl in section eleven call her father?
2. As section seventeen opens, Henry notes that it is what day of the week?
3. Bukowski says in section twelve that he's on the side of what?
(b) Human spirit.
4. In section three, where does Bukowski initially believe that he is?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) North Hollywood.
5. What is the name of the police officer who turns Henry's body over at the end of section seventeen?
6. While in jail for killing Bugsy, what does Bukowski learn was the result of the baseball game?
(a) He doesn't find out.
(b) Blues lost.
(c) Tied game.
(d) Blues won.
7. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
8. In section thirteen, the narrator has a post card where a professor states that the narrator is the best poet since which of the following?
9. In what Italian city does section five take place?
10. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
(a) A.E. Hotchner.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
11. Bukowski says in section eighteen that he last tried suicide in what year?
12. In section twelve, Bukowski says the boys in the parks are led by all BUT WHICH of the following poets?
13. At the end of section ten, Moss tells the woman he calls that he's been thinking about a dress she wore. What color was the dress?
14. To which show tune do Freddie and his daughter dance in section eleven?
(a) Man of La Mancha.
(b) Hello Dolly.
(c) Chim Chim Cher- Ee.
15. Who is knocking at the door when Bukowski wakes up after the card game fight?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator at the end of section thirteen?
2. According to Bukowski's foreword, what are the chances that an accepted poem might be published?
3. Which famous holiday newspaper cover did Bryan have a problem with when he was fired?
4. As section eleven opens, Freddie tells his boss he hasn't been to work because he's building what scientific device?
5. In response to the assassination, Bukowski says HE didn't murder all BUT WHICH of the following?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)