|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to section nine, what is it that makes Reagan right and everyone else so wrong?
(d) Speech writers.
2. When Bukowski's friend witnessed a murder, what does he say the killers gave him to keep him quiet?
3. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
4. When asked when he last saw his father, which of the following years does Neal say?
5. According to Bukowski's foreword, what are the chances that an accepted poem might be published?
6. What does Freddie use to kill Marty when Marty and the mother come to pick up the little girl?
(b) Beer bottle.
(c) Butcher knife.
7. At the end of section sixteen, Bukowski does what?
(b) Goes to work.
(d) Gets drunk.
8. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) A.E. Hotchner.
9. After vomiting several times, the narrator says he hears what on Sunset Blvd?
10. Which writer does Bukowski quote in section five as saying, "to have great poets we need great audiences?"
11. What is the name of the woman Moss calls toward the end of section ten?
(d) Mary Lou.
12. As section four begins, where does Bukowski say that Neal C. died?
(a) Church parking lot.
(b) Railroad tracks.
(d) Local mall.
13. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
14. According to section twelve, revolution is all BUT WHICH of the following?
15. What is the name of the horse that punches through the angry crowd at the racetrack?
(d) Rich Desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
2. What is the name of the police officer who turns Henry's body over at the end of section seventeen?
3. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
4. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
5. Bukowski says in section eight that if he has any advice for anyone it's to take up what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)