|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11 and Section 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As section three begins, what instrument does Bukowski sit down to play?
2. When Bukowski began writing for Bryan's newspaper, who was the author of the piece reviewed?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) A.E. Hotchner.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
(a) This Side of Paradise.
(b) Papa Hemingway.
(c) Of Mice and Men.
(d) A Rose for Emily.
4. In section ten, at whose apartment are the friends spending Saturday night?
5. As section one opens, what friend is Bukowski sitting with?
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the assassination, Bukowski says HE didn't murder all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
3. When Bukowski finds himself outside Yankee Stadium in section six, which former Yankee player does he mention as his boyhood hero?
4. In the foreword, Bukowski mentions that Bryan's beard is what color?
5. When Bukowski leaves the apartment after the card game fight, to which city does he take a bus?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)