|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11 and Section 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
(a) Feed the cat.
(b) Provide much of a life.
(c) Support a family.
(d) Pay the bills.
2. When Bukowski arrives in his room in the Village in New York, what item does he find in the room that he considers useless?
(a) Pottery wheel.
3. According to Bukowski, what percentage of the time is he correct about the results of the boxing matches at the Olympic?
4. In section twelve, Bukowski says to avoid all BUT WHICH of the following authors?
5. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
2. In section five Bukowski says he finds there are other things besides the mind, including all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. What is the name of the horse that punches through the angry crowd at the racetrack?
4. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
5. As section nine begins, Bukowski says that the main problem with the Kennedy assassination is that we lose gains in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)