|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11 and Section 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the little girl in section eleven, who slapped her?
2. As section five opens, how old does Bukowski say Kerouac is?
3. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
(a) Pay the bills.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Support a family.
(d) Provide much of a life.
4. When Bukowski arrives in his room in the Village in New York, what item does he find in the room that he considers useless?
(a) Pottery wheel.
5. What does the little girl in section eleven call her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked when he last saw his father, which of the following years does Neal say?
2. In the foreword, Bukowski says that the book contains selections from about _____ months worth of columns.
3. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
4. As section eleven opens, Freddie tells his boss he hasn't been to work because he's building what scientific device?
5. When talking to Big Jack, Bukowski finally figures out that he is where?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)