|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 and Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the foreword, Bukowski mentions that Bryan's beard is what color?
2. In the foreword, Bukowski says that the book contains selections from about _____ months worth of columns.
3. As section eight begins, how much money is Bukowski down?
4. The foreword says that while working for the underground newspaper was fun and dangerous, it didn't put margarine on the toast or what else?
(a) Pay the bills.
(b) Support a family.
(c) Provide much of a life.
(d) Feed the cat.
5. In what year did Bukowski write the foreword?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
2. When Bukowski finds himself outside Yankee Stadium in section six, which former Yankee player does he mention as his boyhood hero?
3. In what Italian city does section five take place?
4. Bukowski says, during the final baseball game, that the Blues are behind 10 to 0 by which inning?
5. After leaving New York at the end of section six, to which town does Bukowski go?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)