|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 and Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When introducing readers to Kerouac, Bukowski mentions that his friend is from which part of New York?
2. What does the angel in section two say his name is?
(a) Johnny Cross.
(b) Jimmy Crispin.
(c) Jim Crow.
(d) Jack Crenshaw.
3. In section six, Bukowski notes that all the so-called artists in the Village are wearing what type of hat?
(a) Baseball hats.
(c) Top hats.
(d) Cowboy hats.
4. How much money does Bukowski lose after the angel loses his wings and is unable to play the final game?
(a) 400 grand.
(b) 50 grand.
(c) 250 grand.
(d) 100 grand.
5. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
(a) Baptist Church.
(b) Methodist Church.
(c) Evangelical Church.
(d) Unitarian Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bukowski's foreword, what are the chances that an accepted poem might be published?
2. When Bukowski goes to have his clothes cleaned in section six, what clothing item do the store owners sell him instead?
3. How many track police attempt to subdue the angry crowd on the track in section eight?
4. After leaving New York at the end of section six, to which town does Bukowski go?
5. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)