|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 and Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) A Rose for Emily.
(c) This Side of Paradise.
(d) Papa Hemingway.
2. When Neal is killed, which friend calls Bukowski to tell him?
3. Bukowski says, during the final baseball game, that the Blues are behind 10 to 0 by which inning?
4. Who is knocking at the door when Bukowski wakes up after the card game fight?
(a) No one.
5. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
(a) Revolutionary City.
(b) Bryan's Post.
(c) Open City.
(d) Free City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Big Jack's girlfriend in section three?
2. When Bukowski kills Bugsy during the final game, how long does he mention that the game is paused?
3. During the fight in section two, Bukowski wishes that any BUT WHICH of the following would put a stop to it?
4. Toward the end of section three, Bukowski gets a letter from his ex-wife. Where does she live?
5. In the foreword, Bukowski says that the book contains selections from about _____ months worth of columns.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)