|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 and Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked to begin writing for Bryan's newspaper, Bukowski began with a review of what?
(a) Papa Hemingway.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(c) A Rose for Emily.
(d) This Side of Paradise.
2. In section one, what item does the Filipino man guarding Bukowski's door have in his hand?
3. In section three, how much money does Big Jack say Bukowski owes him?
4. In his foreword, what does Bukowski say is the name of John Bryan's underground newspaper?
(a) Open City.
(b) Bryan's Post.
(c) Revolutionary City.
(d) Free City.
5. According to Bukowski's foreword, what are the chances that an accepted poem might be published?
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked when he last saw his father, which of the following years does Neal say?
2. What color is the car Neal nearly hits while driving in section four?
3. In the letter Bukowski's ex-wife sends him, she says that he should attend poetry readings at which church?
4. As section three begins, what instrument does Bukowski sit down to play?
5. In section three, where does Bukowski initially believe that he is?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)