|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the house in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It blasts away into the sky.
2. Who is Katie speaking to on the phone in the beginning of "Sorry, Right Number"?
(a) Her father.
3. What do the kids decide to do to their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) Lock him in his study.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Lock him out of the house.
(d) Call the police on him.
4. Where is Doris from in "Crouch End"?
(a) United States.
5. Who is left alive after the gunfight in "The Fifth Quarter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jeff in "Sorry, Right Number"?
2. What happened to Doris's husband in "Crouch End"?
3. How many years after Bill's death does Polly get married in "Sorry, Right Number"?
4. What does Clivey's grandfather give him?
5. In "The Fifth Quarter," Jagger came in a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "The Fifth Quarter" end?
2. Describe a 'batman' from "The Ten O'Clock People."
3. Describe Sissy in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band."
4. What is Katie's life like when she receives the second phone call in "Sorry, Right Number," and how does she react?
5. What happened to Lonnie Freeman in "Crouch End"?
6. How does the father react to his son wanting to see one of his adaptations in "Sorry, Right Number"?
7. Why is Doris Freeman in England in "Crouch End"?
8. Describe Lew in "The House on Maple Street."
9. What are the three kinds of time, according to George in "My Pretty Pony"?
10. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)