|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Maddie Pace?
2. What do the kids decide to do to their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) Lock him in his study.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Lock him out of the house.
(d) Call the police on him.
3. How often does the big storm occur in "Rainy Season"?
(a) Every five years.
(b) Every seven years.
(c) Every year.
(d) Every three years.
4. What is Jerry Tarkanian trying to track down?
(a) A map.
(b) A woman.
(c) A car.
(d) A diamond.
5. What does Clivey's grandfather give him?
(a) A blue pocket watch.
(b) A black pocket watch.
(c) A silver pocket watch.
(d) A white pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Jerry Tarkanian died?
2. Where does the family in "My Pretty Pony" live?
3. What does the student reporter say in "Home Delivery"?
4. What occupation does the stepfather in "The House on Maple Street" hold?
5. Where does Pearson flee to at the end of "The Ten O'Clock People"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katie react to the phone call she receives while Bill looks for a blank videotape in "Sorry, Right Number"?
2. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
3. What did Barney tell Jerry Tarkanian in "The Fifth Quarter"?
4. What are the three kinds of time, according to George in "My Pretty Pony"?
5. Describe Lew in "The House on Maple Street."
6. How does "The Fifth Quarter" end?
7. What are the Grahams warned about in "Rainy Season," and how did they react to that warning?
8. Describe Pearson in "The Ten O'Clock People."
9. How does the father react to his son wanting to see one of his adaptations in "Sorry, Right Number"?
10. Describe Clivey in "My Pretty Pony."
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)