|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family in "My Pretty Pony" live?
(a) Castle Rock, Maine.
(b) Troy, New York.
(c) Boston, Massachussetts.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
2. Where do Maddie and Jack Pace live?
(c) New York.
3. What does Bill die from in "Sorry, Right Number"?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) Brain tumor.
4. What kind of rain do the townspeople forewarn the Grahams of in "Rainy Season"?
5. What lie does Laurie tell her mother in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) She sprained her knee.
(b) She suffered a concussion.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She broke her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does John Graham hold?
2. What color suit does the young black man wear in the beginning of "The Ten O'Clock People"?
3. Where does Clark stop against Mary's wishes?
4. What does the sheriff insist on in "Home Delivery?
5. Where do John and Elise Graham travel to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children get rid of their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
2. Why is Mary Willingham jumpy about the town in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band"?
3. How does "The Fifth Quarter" end?
4. What are the Grahams warned about in "Rainy Season," and how did they react to that warning?
5. What are the three kinds of time, according to George in "My Pretty Pony"?
6. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
7. How do the Bradbury children feel about their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
8. In "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band," how do Clark and Mary Willingham end up in Rock and Roll Heaven?
9. In "Home Delivery," how does Maddie deal with Jack becoming a zombie?
10. Why is Doris Freeman in England in "Crouch End"?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)