|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young black man's name in "The Ten O'Clock People"?
2. Where does Pearson work in "The Ten O'Clock People"?
(a) A publishing company.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bank.
(d) A school.
3. How old is Sissy?
(b) Twenty- three.
4. What kind of rain do the townspeople forewarn the Grahams of in "Rainy Season"?
5. What do the kids decide to do to their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) Lock him in his study.
(b) Call the police on him.
(c) Lock him out of the house.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Farnham in "Crouch End"?
2. Whose gun does Jerry Tarkanian use?
3. Who is killed in the firefight in "The Fifth Quarter"?
4. Where do the Grahams go for shelter from the storm in "Rainy Season"?
5. Who does Katie receive a phone call from at the end of "Sorry, Right Number"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pearson in "The Ten O'Clock People."
2. What happens to Doris at the end of "Crouch End"?
3. In "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band," how do Clark and Mary Willingham end up in Rock and Roll Heaven?
4. Describe Sissy in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band."
5. How does the father react to his son wanting to see one of his adaptations in "Sorry, Right Number"?
6. Describe Clivey in "My Pretty Pony."
7. Why is Doris Freeman in England in "Crouch End"?
8. What happened to Lonnie Freeman in "Crouch End"?
9. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
10. How did Doris and her husband end up in Crouch End?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)