|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed in the firefight in "The Fifth Quarter"?
2. What lie does Laurie tell her mother in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) She suffered a concussion.
(b) She sprained her knee.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She broke her arm.
3. What does Clivey's grandfather give him?
(a) A silver pocket watch.
(b) A blue pocket watch.
(c) A white pocket watch.
(d) A black pocket watch.
4. Clark is getting transferred out of _________.
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York City.
5. What happened to Doris's husband in "Crouch End"?
(a) He was drugged.
(b) He was mugged.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jagger in "The Fifth Quarter"?
2. What kind of rain do the townspeople forewarn the Grahams of in "Rainy Season"?
3. Why did the citizens gather in "Home Delivery"?
4. Where does the family in "My Pretty Pony" live?
5. What best describes Maddie Pace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
2. Describe Lew in "The House on Maple Street."
3. How did Doris and her husband end up in Crouch End?
4. Why is Mary Willingham jumpy about the town in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band"?
5. What happens to Doris at the end of "Crouch End"?
6. How does the father react to his son wanting to see one of his adaptations in "Sorry, Right Number"?
7. Describe Sissy in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band."
8. Describe Clivey in "My Pretty Pony."
9. How does Katie react to the phone call she receives while Bill looks for a blank videotape in "Sorry, Right Number"?
10. What did Barney tell Jerry Tarkanian in "The Fifth Quarter"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)