|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris and her husband staying in "Crouch End"?
(a) The Hotel Inter-Continental.
(b) The Mariott.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The Hilton.
2. What occupation does the stepfather in "The House on Maple Street" hold?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a professor.
(d) He is unemployed.
3. Where is Crouch End?
(c) United States.
4. What do the kids decide to do to their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
(a) Call the police on him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Lock him in his study.
(d) Lock him out of the house.
5. Who is killed in the firefight in "The Fifth Quarter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What station does a student reporter appear on in "Home Delivery"?
2. What lie does Laurie tell her mother in "The House on Maple Street"?
3. What color suit does the young black man wear in the beginning of "The Ten O'Clock People"?
4. When does it begin to rain in "Rainy Season"?
5. In "The Fifth Quarter," Jagger came in a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Doris and her husband end up in Crouch End?
2. How does Katie react to the phone call she receives while Bill looks for a blank videotape in "Sorry, Right Number"?
3. Describe Sissy in "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band."
4. How does the father react to his son wanting to see one of his adaptations in "Sorry, Right Number"?
5. Describe Pearson in "The Ten O'Clock People."
6. In "Home Delivery," how does Maddie deal with Jack becoming a zombie?
7. What kind of struggle do the policemen in "Crouch End" experience?
8. What are the Grahams warned about in "Rainy Season," and how did they react to that warning?
9. What happens to Doris at the end of "Crouch End"?
10. How do the children get rid of their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)