|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bill Hogan from?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
2. In "The End of the Whole Mess," which town is found to have never had any violence?
(a) La Plata.
3. What happens to Sheridan at the end of "Popsy"?
(a) He is eaten for lunch.
(b) He dies of a heart attack.
(c) He is killed in a car accident.
(d) He is arrested.
4. What does Howard warn the policeman about in "The Moving Finger"?
(a) To stay away from the bathtub.
(b) To stay away from the sink.
(c) To stay away from the room.
(d) To stay away from the toilet.
5. What do the policemen observe about the bathroom in "The Moving Finger"?
(a) It is covered in blood.
(b) It is covered in acid.
(c) It is covered in drain cleaner.
(d) It is covered in water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha's son's name?
2. Jannings and John Tell work on an album by _____________.
3. What adjective best describes Howard's younger brother?
4. Who/what does the person that Sheridan takes keep talking about?
5. Who investigates the story of the Night Flier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter Jefferies from "Dedication."
2. Describe the scene of the bathroom when policemen arrive in "The Moving Finger."
3. Describe the character of Miss Sidley.
4. What is the story behind the sneakers in "Sneakers"?
5. In "Popsy," what does Sheridan resort to in order to pay back his bookie?
6. Describe the finger in "The Moving Finger" and who sees it.
7. How is Sheridan surprised in "Popsy"?
8. In "It Grows On You," how does Joe Newall die, and what are some possible reasons why?
9. Describe Joe Newall's wife in "It Grows On You."
10. What similarities are there between Martha's son and Peter Jefferies in "Dedication"?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)