|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard's occupation?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a freelance writer.
(d) He is a scientist.
2. How does Miss Sidley see kids behind her when she's at the chalkboard?
(a) She catches their reflections in her glasses.
(b) She has a hidden camera.
(c) She has eyes in the back of her head.
(d) She has someone spy for her.
3. What adjective best describes Howard's younger brother?
4. Who is Martha's son's natural father, according to Martha?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Peter Jefferies.
(d) A sperm donor.
5. How long does it take Robinson to formulate and execute a plan?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard Mitla's wife's name?
2. How old is the person that Sheridan finds in a mall?
3. What is the name of Howard's younger brother?
4. What do the police find on Howard Mitla?
5. How long has it been since John Tell has first seen the sneakers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Howard try to get rid of the finger in "The Moving Finger"?
2. What similarities are there between Martha's son and Peter Jefferies in "Dedication"?
3. Why does John Tell run away?
4. How do John Tell and Paul Jannings become friends in "Sneakers"?
5. In "The End of the Whole Mess," how does Bobby's plan go awry?
6. Describe Paul Jannings.
7. How is Sheridan surprised in "Popsy"?
8. What change does Miss Sidley see in her students, and what does she eventually do about it?
9. Describe the character of Miss Sidley.
10. What is the story behind the sneakers in "Sneakers"?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)