|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the journalist at the end of "Night Flier"?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A convict.
(d) A Federal agent.
2. How does Miss Sidley see kids behind her when she's at the chalkboard?
(a) She has someone spy for her.
(b) She has a hidden camera.
(c) She has eyes in the back of her head.
(d) She catches their reflections in her glasses.
3. Who does Hogan buy an item for in "Chattery Teeth"?
(a) His brother, Jack.
(b) His wife, Myra.
(c) His son, Jack.
(d) His wife, Maura.
4. What happens to Joe at the end of "It Grows on You"?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He runs away from his wife.
(d) The house consumes him.
5. What author frequents Le Palais in "Dedication"?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Tom Clancy.
(c) Darcy Jack.
(d) Peter Jefferies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's son send her?
2. What happens to Howard at the end of his story?
3. What is Scooter's wife's name?
4. What is Howard Mitla's wife's name?
5. Where is Scooter's Grocery and Roadside Zoo located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul Jannings.
2. How does Howard try to get rid of the finger in "The Moving Finger"?
3. In "Popsy," what does Sheridan resort to in order to pay back his bookie?
4. In "The End of the Whole Mess," what is Bobby's plan to save the world?
5. In "It Grows On You," how does Joe Newall die, and what are some possible reasons why?
6. What is Robinson obsessed with and why?
7. Why does John Tell run away?
8. How does the father of Martha's child change in her eyes in "Dedication"?
9. How is Sheridan surprised in "Popsy"?
10. Describe Joe Newall's wife in "It Grows On You."
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)