|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making a noise under the veranda?
2. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
3. What does Shannon call Hannah?
4. Where was Hannah's first sexual experience?
5. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)