|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of his clothing has Shannon taken off?
2. What does Shannon recite?
3. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
4. What did the girl cut herself with?
5. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)