|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American poet does Hannah mention?
2. In which city does Maxine want to operate a tourist camp?
3. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
4. What does Mei yoo gaunchi mean in English?
5. What does Shannon say Mexican chickens are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)