|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
2. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
3. What does Hannah say Shannon's congregation needs?
4. What American poet does Hannah mention?
5. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)