|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah want Shannon to lie down?
2. What does Nonno announce?
3. What does Shannon call Hannah?
4. Who does Maxine say the little fatman looks like?
5. What does Maxine say was the biggest difference between her and Fred?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1960s American society:
1) Sexual desire.
3) Americans in Mexico
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)