|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Latta ask Shannon not to give him?
2. What does Maxine say it is humiliating not to be?
3. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
4. What does Shannon call Latta?
5. Why does Shannon agree to free the iguana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)