Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah want Shannon to lie down?
2. What does Nonno announce?
3. What does Shannon call Hannah?
4. Who does Maxine say the little fatman looks like?
5. What does Maxine say was the biggest difference between her and Fred?
Essay Topic 1
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)