|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
2. What does Shannon come out of the cubicle like a survivor of?
3. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
4. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
5. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Shannon's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does Shannon hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Shannon's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Shannon's future?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)