|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine say she and Fred considered a long conversation?
2. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
3. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
4. What does Shannon call Latta?
5. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1960s American society:
1) Sexual desire.
3) Americans in Mexico
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)