|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the girl cut herself with?
2. What kind of creature do the Mexican boys have tied up in a shirt?
3. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
4. What does Hannah think is enough to convince the ladies that he has not been defrocked?
5. What does Mei yoo gaunchi mean in English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)