|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shannon writing a letter to?
2. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
3. Where has Maxine been thinking of returning to?
4. What does Hannah say Shannon's congregation needs?
5. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
In 1964, John Huston directed a film version of THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA starring Richard Burton. How did the filmmakers adapt the play to appeal to a film audience? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)