|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frau Fahrenkopf ask if the Mexicans have caught?
2. What American poet does Hannah mention?
3. What part of Hannah's body did the man touch?
4. What color does the moon bathe the scene in?
5. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)