|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Miss Fellowes call in Texas?
2. What does Hannah want for her Grandfather?
3. What did Shannon give to the woman to help prevent them catching any fevers?
4. Where does Miss Fellowes say she has slaved all year?
5. What is Shannon's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hannah want to stay at the Costa Verde?
2. Why will Shannon receive no compensation?
3. Why are there so many Nazis in Mexico?
4. What are Shannon and Hannah wearing?
5. How does Shannon try to convince the woman to stay at the hotel?
6. What calms Shannon down?
7. Why did Shannon say he had a relationship with the girl?
8. Why is Miss Fellowes angry at Shannon?
9. How does Hannah react to being called a deadbeat?
10. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Shannon's life:
2) His mother
4) His bishop
Essay Topic 2
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)