|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
2. What song does Shannon say the Germans are singing?
3. Who did Shannon write a complete confession to?
4. What does Shannon ask Maxine to give Hank?
5. What does Shannon say will drop the women like flies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
2. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Fred?
3. What does Shannon say about his spook?
4. Why is Miss Fellowes angry at Shannon?
5. How does Shannon help Hannah?
6. How does Hannah react to Nonno's death?
7. How do the Fahrenkopfs upset Shannon?
8. How does Act 1 end?
9. How does Shannon try to convince the woman to stay at the hotel?
10. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)