|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pedro using to chop down the nuts?
2. What does Maxine say she is not operating?
3. What does Maxine say Hannah can get quickly if she moves to the boardinghouse?
4. What does Shannon ask Maxine to give Hank?
5. What does Hannah ask Nonno if he has lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
2. How did Fred die?
3. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
4. How does Hannah react to Nonno's death?
5. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
6. What does Shannon say about his spook?
7. Why has Miss Fellowes not enjoyed the trip?
8. What is Shannon considering doing?
9. What are Shannon and Hannah wearing?
10. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)