Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
2. What is Shannon's first name?
3. What kind of drink does Shannnon ask Maxine for?
4. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
5. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
2. What is everyone doing after the storm?
3. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
4. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
5. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
6. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
7. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
8. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
9. How does Hannah help Maxine?
10. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)