|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon want help with?
2. What does Charlotte retreat like?
3. What does Hannah say in German?
4. What state are the school teachers from?
5. What does Shannon say he does not want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shannon help Hannah?
2. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
3. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
4. What does Hannah think Shannon's problem is?
5. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
6. What two sexual experiences has Hannah had?
7. How does Hannah react to being called a deadbeat?
8. Why does Miss Fellowes think Shannon has cheated her?
9. How do the Fahrenkopfs upset Shannon?
10. Why did the church defrock Shannon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)