|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr Fahrenkopf say is burning?
2. What is Miss Fellowes' first name?
3. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
4. What does Hannah have a collection of?
5. What kind of bird is flying above Prince Ahk and Princess Angh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
2. What is happening to Hank down at the bus?
3. What are Shannon and Hannah wearing?
4. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
5. Why is Miss Fellowes angry at Shannon?
6. What is Nonno's poem about?
7. Why does Hannah want to stay at the Costa Verde?
8. Why does Hannah refuse to let Shannon free?
9. What impresses Shannon about Hannah?
10. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)