|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
2. What is Shannon's first name?
3. What kind of drink does Shannnon ask Maxine for?
4. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
5. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
2. What is everyone doing after the storm?
3. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
4. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
5. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
6. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
7. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
8. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
9. How does Hannah help Maxine?
10. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)