Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
2. What is Shannon's first name?
3. What kind of drink does Shannnon ask Maxine for?
4. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
5. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
2. What is everyone doing after the storm?
3. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
4. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
5. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
6. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
7. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
8. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
9. How does Hannah help Maxine?
10. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Shannon's life:
2) His mother
4) His bishop
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)