|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge does Shannon think that Miss Fellowes wants to pin on him?
2. Where does Hannah say she went through several typhoons?
3. What does Shannon ask Maxine to give Hank?
4. What does Maxine say she is not operating?
5. What is Shannon's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two sexual experiences has Hannah had?
2. How did Hannah get over her own problems?
3. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
4. How does Shannon burn himself?
5. What does Maxine offer Shannon?
6. Why is Miss Fellowes angry at Shannon?
7. What was Maxine's relationship with Fred like before his death?
8. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
9. Why did the church defrock Shannon?
10. What does Hannah think Shannon's problem is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)