|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maxine's cooler?
2. What Spanish word does Miss Fellowes say to the Mexican boys?
3. Which part of the hotel does the play take place?
4. Who did Shannon write a complete confession to?
5. When does Maxine say she never dresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fred die?
2. What did Shannon see two beggars doing on the street in Mexico?
3. What does Hannah tell Shannon about the hospital she visited in Shanghai?
4. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
5. What impresses Shannon about Hannah?
6. What conditions does Maxine lay out for Hannah?
7. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
8. What reason does Maxine give for Shannon's angry sermons and sexual relations with young girls?
9. What news does Herr Fahrenkopf have about the war?
10. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Shannon's life:
2) His mother
4) His bishop
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
In 1964, John Huston directed a film version of THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA starring Richard Burton. How did the filmmakers adapt the play to appeal to a film audience? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)