|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maxine say she never dresses?
2. Who appears at the top of the hill?
3. What does Shannon say he does not want?
4. Where is the hotel's cook from?
5. What does Shannon say will drop the women like flies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
2. What happens when Shannon tries to swim to China?
3. What two sexual experiences has Hannah had?
4. Why does Shannon think Hannah is a hustler?
5. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
6. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
7. Where does Miss Fellowes accuse Shannon of taking Charlotte?
8. What is everyone doing after the storm?
9. What kind of poet is Nunno?
10. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Fred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
Essay Topic 2
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)