|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah have a collection of?
2. What is Shannon's first name?
3. Who does Maxine say answers for Fred?
4. What does Hannah ask Nonno if he has lost?
5. What is Pedro using to chop down the nuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miss Fellowes angry at Shannon?
2. Why does Shannon refuse to hand the keys to Latta?
3. What news does Herr Fahrenkopf have about the war?
4. What are Shannon and Hannah wearing?
5. What does Hannah tell Shannon about the hospital she visited in Shanghai?
6. What two sexual experiences has Hannah had?
7. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
8. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
9. Why does Shannon want to stay in the hammock?
10. Why did Shannon take a job as a tour guide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
Essay Topic 3
In 1964, John Huston directed a film version of THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA starring Richard Burton. How did the filmmakers adapt the play to appeal to a film audience? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)