|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine say Hannah can get quickly if she moves to the boardinghouse?
2. Where does Maxine say Shannon's bus went through?
3. What does Herr Fahrenkopf say is burning?
4. What does Charlotte retreat like?
5. What does the girl say everyone wants before they go back to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
2. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
3. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
4. What does Shannon do when the rain begins to fall?
5. What is Shannon considering doing?
6. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
7. What calms Shannon down?
8. How does Hannah react to being called a deadbeat?
9. Why did Shannon take a job as a tour guide?
10. What does Maxine offer Shannon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Shannon's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does Shannon hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Shannon's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Shannon's future?
Essay Topic 2
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)