|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maxine say Shannon can stay the night?
2. Who appears at the top of the hill?
3. What does Shannon want help with?
4. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
5. Who is the cartoon by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there so many Nazis in Mexico?
2. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
3. What did Shannon see two beggars doing on the street in Mexico?
4. How does Act 1 end?
5. Why will Shannon receive no compensation?
6. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
7. Why did Shannon take a job as a tour guide?
8. How does Hannah react to Nonno's death?
9. What is Shannon considering doing?
10. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
Essay Topic 1
In 1964, John Huston directed a film version of THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA starring Richard Burton. How did the filmmakers adapt the play to appeal to a film audience? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)