|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolizes that Shannon is thinking of going back to the church?
2. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
3. Why did the Quebrada hotel fire the Mexican kids?
4. Where is Maxine's cooler?
5. What does Hannah say in German?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
2. Why does Shannon think Hannah is a hustler?
3. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
4. How does Hannah react to being called a deadbeat?
5. What did Shannon see two beggars doing on the street in Mexico?
6. What is Nonno's poem about?
7. Why has Miss Fellowes not enjoyed the trip?
8. How does Maxine calm Hank down?
9. What does Shannon say he likes to show people on his tours?
10. How does Shannon try to convince the woman to stay at the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)