|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maxine not like to accept help from?
2. What does Shannon want help with?
3. What does Hannah help Maxine do?
4. What symbolizes that Shannon is thinking of going back to the church?
5. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shannon say about his spook?
2. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
3. What calms Shannon down?
4. Why will Shannon receive no compensation?
5. How does Shannon help Hannah?
6. What does Shannon do when the rain begins to fall?
7. What was Maxine's relationship with Fred like before his death?
8. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
9. How did Hannah get over her own problems?
10. What is Shannon considering doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Shannon's life:
2) His mother
4) His bishop
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Hannah and Shannon.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why does Williams suggest a real relationship could never develop between them?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)