|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr Fahrenkopf say is burning?
2. What does Maxine say Hannah can get quickly if she moves to the boardinghouse?
3. What kind of Irish is Shannon?
4. Where was Fred known to be the greatest game fisherman?
5. What does Shannon ask Maxine to give Hank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
2. What are Shannon and Hannah wearing?
3. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
4. How does Hannah plan to raise money to pay her hotel bill?
5. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
6. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
7. Why does Shannon want to stay in the hammock?
8. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Fred?
9. What impresses Shannon about Hannah?
10. What two sexual experiences has Hannah had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)