|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon want help with?
2. What does Miss Fellowes call the tour?
3. What exclusive groups did Shannon used to deal with?
4. What did Shannon give to the woman to help prevent them catching any fevers?
5. Where does Maxine say Shannon's bus went through?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shannon refuse to hand the keys to Latta?
2. What was Maxine's relationship with Fred like before his death?
3. What is happening to Hank down at the bus?
4. Why does Shannon want to stay in the hammock?
5. How does Shannon help Hannah?
6. How did Hannah get over her own problems?
7. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
8. What does Shannon say about his spook?
9. Why did Shannon take a job as a tour guide?
10. What kind of poet is Nunno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shannon's breakdown affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)