Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
2. What is Shannon's first name?
3. What kind of drink does Shannnon ask Maxine for?
4. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
5. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
2. What is everyone doing after the storm?
3. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
4. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
5. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
6. Why does Shannon think living with Maxine may not be such a bad thing?
7. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
8. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
9. How does Hannah help Maxine?
10. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)