|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shannon's first name?
2. Which of the following fish does Maxino not say Fred holds a record in?
3. What kind of Irish is Shannon?
4. What does Maxine say Hannah can get quickly if she moves to the boardinghouse?
5. What kind of car does Maxine own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What calms Shannon down?
2. Why has Miss Fellowes not enjoyed the trip?
3. How does Maxine think they can make the hotel attractive to both male and female tourists?
4. What impresses Shannon about Hannah?
5. How does Hannah plan to raise money to pay her hotel bill?
6. Why does Shannon want to stay in the hammock?
7. What conditions does Maxine lay out for Hannah?
8. What does Shannon say about his spook?
9. What does Hannah tell Shannon his real problem is?
10. What does Hannah think Shannon's problem is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Shannon's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does Shannon hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Shannon's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Shannon's future?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)