|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah say in German?
2. Who does Maxine not like to accept help from?
3. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
4. Who is the proprietor of the hotel?
5. What is lower then Blake Tours?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hannah react to Nonno's death?
2. What does Hannah think Shannon's problem is?
3. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
4. How does Shannon help Hannah?
5. How does Maxine calm Hank down?
6. What reason does Maxine give for Shannon's angry sermons and sexual relations with young girls?
7. Why did the church defrock Shannon?
8. Who are the Fahrenkopfs?
9. How does Hannah help Maxine?
10. What does Shannon tell Hannah he will do if she lets him out of the hammock?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)