|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah show Herr Fahrenkopf?
2. What does Hannah help Maxine do?
3. What did Fred do with the fish he caught?
4. What does Shannon say Maxine is bigger than?
5. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Shannon's condition?
2. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
3. How did Fred die?
4. How does Shannon burn himself?
5. Where does Miss Fellowes accuse Shannon of taking Charlotte?
6. What is everyone doing after the storm?
7. Why has Miss Fellowes not enjoyed the trip?
8. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
9. What impresses Shannon about Hannah?
10. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about American society in the early sixties?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)