|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maxine say answers for Fred?
2. What did Fred do with the fish he caught?
3. Who appears at the top of the hill?
4. What does Maxine say Hannah can get quickly if she moves to the boardinghouse?
5. What does Maxine say she is not operating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shannon try to scare Charlotte away?
2. What is happening to Hank down at the bus?
3. What does Shannon tell Hannah he will do if she lets him out of the hammock?
4. What is Shannon considering doing?
5. How does Shannon startle the Mexican boys?
6. How does Hannah help Maxine?
7. What conditions does Maxine lay out for Hannah?
8. What calms Shannon down?
9. How does Hannah react to being called a deadbeat?
10. Why does Shannon refuse to hand the keys to Latta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tennessee Williams' life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mexican and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent Mexican culture and Mexican's if the play were released today?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)