|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon ask Miss Fellowes to name?
2. Who does Maxine call to?
3. Where does Miss Fellowes say she has slaved all year?
4. What does Herr Fahrenkopf say is burning?
5. What kind of accommodation is Casa de Huespedes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shannon considering doing?
2. Why does Miss Fellowes think Shannon has cheated her?
3. What does Maxine offer Shannon?
4. What does Shannon say about his spook?
5. Where does Miss Fellowes accuse Shannon of taking Charlotte?
6. What does Maxine tell Hannah about Fred?
7. Why does Maxine think Hannah is a deadbeat?
8. Why does Shannon think Hannah is a hustler?
9. What reason does Maxine give for Shannon's angry sermons and sexual relations with young girls?
10. What does Hannah think Shannon's problem is?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does living in a dead marriage affect someone mentally? Why did Maxine and Fred stay together? Would they have been any happier if they had split up?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)