|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shannon's mother used to hit him with?
(a) A hairbrush
(b) A rope
(c) A shoe
(d) A horse whip
2. Who does Shannon say he does not want to end up with?
(c) Miss Fellowes
3. What does Nonno announce?
(a) His shoes are too small
(b) He is having a heart attack
(c) He remembers where his glasses are
(d) He has finished his poem
4. What does Latta say is the only thing that Shannon is good for?
(a) Lying in a hammock
(b) Sleeping with whores
(d) Drinking rum
5. What type of chicken does Maxine say she means?
(a) Kentucky chicken
(b) Mexico chicken
(c) Virginia chicken
(d) Texas chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Hannah's body did the man touch?
2. What is making a noise under the veranda?
3. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
4. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
5. Why does Nonno commit his poetry lines to memory?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)