|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maxine say Shannon can stay the night?
(a) Fred's room
(b) A guest room
(c) Her room
(d) The lobby
2. Where does Maxine want to go at night?
(b) The cinema
(c) A restaurant
3. What did Fred cut his hand on?
(a) A meat hook
(b) A fish hook
(c) A fish knife
(d) A machete
4. What does Shannon say he has in his pocket?
(a) The bus ignition key
(c) A tourist's wallet
(d) A gun
5. Who is the proprietor of the hotel?
(a) Denise Outen
(b) Maxine Faulk
(c) Shannon O'Leary
(d) Fred Faulk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine tell Hannah to put on top of the napkins?
2. Where is the hotel's cook from?
3. What Spanish word does Miss Fellowes say to the Mexican boys?
4. Who did Miss Fellowes call in Texas?
5. What kind of car does Maxine own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hannah think it is best if she and Shannon keep their distance from each other?
2. How does Act 1 end?
3. What does Maxine offer Shannon?
4. What reason does Maxine give for Shannon's angry sermons and sexual relations with young girls?
5. How did Fred die?
6. What happens when Shannon tries to swim to China?
7. Why does Hannah want to stay at the Costa Verde?
8. Describe the tussle between Maxine and Shannon.
9. What conditions does Maxine lay out for Hannah?
10. What does Shannon tell Hannah he will do if she lets him out of the hammock?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)