|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The lake
(b) The toilet
(c) The sea
(d) The forest
2. What did Shannon's mother used to hit him with?
(a) A hairbrush
(b) A rope
(c) A shoe
(d) A horse whip
3. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
(a) A chore
(b) A home
(c) A nightmare
(d) A dream
4. What is Nonno's greatest dread?
(b) Back failure
(d) Memory failure
5. What did Fred always know about Shannon?
(a) When he was nervous
(b) When he was spooked
(c) When he was in love
(d) When he was hateful
6. Why does Shannon agree to free the iguana?
(a) He wants to impress Hannah
(b) He is bored
(c) God won't do it
(d) He wants a laugh
7. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
(d) New York
8. What does Shannon offer Hannah?
(a) His gloves
(b) His cross
(c) His shoes
(d) His ring
9. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
(a) Falling in love
(b) Moving to new countries
(c) Finding work
(d) Making friends
10. Who does Maxine say she misses?
11. What American poet does Hannah mention?
(a) Hart Crane
(b) Erza Pound
(c) Emily Watson
(d) Walt Whitman
12. What does Hannah say is the only thing that is simple?
(a) Hotel managers
13. What did Bruno say were divine?
14. What kind of creature do the Mexican boys have tied up in a shirt?
(a) A lizard
(b) A cougar
(c) A snake
(d) An iguana
15. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
(a) A necklace
(b) A strand of hair
(c) An item of clothing
(d) A picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the cubicles lighted with?
2. What did Shannon call the girl he prayed with?
3. What Mexican painter does Hannah mention?
4. What does Shannon say Mexican chickens are?
5. What does Maxine say was the biggest difference between her and Fred?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)