|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maxine say she misses?
2. What does Hannah think is enough to convince the ladies that he has not been defrocked?
(a) His prayer book
(b) His personality
(c) His sincerity
(d) His gold cross
3. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The toilet
(b) The lake
(c) The forest
(d) The sea
4. Where has Maxine been thinking of returning to?
(a) New York
5. What is the only church Maxine says would accept Shannon?
(a) The Las Vegas ministry
(b) The Catholic Church
(c) The Church of Sin
(d) Holy Rollers
6. Who does Hannah say it is easy for her to make connections with?
(b) Unhappy people
(c) Religious people
(d) Fellow travelers
7. What does Latta ask Shannon not to give him?
(a) The car keys
(d) A headache
8. What does Shannon say Fred may have thought Maxine had turned into?
(a) A hen
(b) A cow
(c) A pig
(d) A whore
9. Why does Nonno commit his poetry lines to memory?
(a) He always forgets his pen
(b) He likes to perform them
(c) He likes repeating the lines out loud
(d) He can't see to write
10. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
11. What does Shannon call Hannah?
(a) A fraud
(b) A hustler
(c) A chancer
(d) A model
12. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
(a) A dream
(b) A nightmare
(c) A home
(d) A chore
13. In what state did Shannon have his church?
14. What does Mei yoo gaunchi mean in English?
(a) No sweat
(c) In a minute
(d) Don't bother me
15. Who does Shannon suggest Maxine get to respect her?
(d) Herr Fahrenkopf
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shannon say he will get into town?
2. Who does Hannah say is the only person Shannon has traveled with?
3. Who does Shanon say he has never had relations with?
4. What did Shannon call the girl he prayed with?
5. What does Latta ask Larry for?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)