|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shannon writing a letter to?
(a) An ex-girlfriend
(b) His brother
(c) A bishop
(d) His mother
2. Who does Shannon suggest Maxine get to respect her?
(d) Herr Fahrenkopf
3. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The lake
(b) The sea
(c) The toilet
(d) The forest
4. What does Hannah say is the only thing that is simple?
(d) Hotel managers
5. What is Maxine dressed to do?
(c) Play tennis
(d) Play bowls
6. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
(a) A chore
(b) A dream
(c) A nightmare
(d) A home
7. What does Maxine say an iguana tastes like?
8. How does Shannon say he will get into town?
9. What did Shannon call the girl he prayed with?
(a) A whore
(b) A tramp
(c) A flower
(d) A human
10. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
(a) Finding work
(b) Making friends
(c) Moving to new countries
(d) Falling in love
11. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
(a) Maxine is jealous
(b) Nonno is jealous
(c) She does not want to fall in love
(d) She gets possessive
12. What is Maxine putting back up?
(a) The clothes horse
(b) The hammock
(c) The coffee table
(d) The projector screen
13. What do the Mexican boys tie the Iguana to the post with?
14. What did Bruno say were divine?
15. Why does Nonno commit his poetry lines to memory?
(a) He likes to perform them
(b) He can't see to write
(c) He always forgets his pen
(d) He likes repeating the lines out loud
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
2. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
3. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
4. What are the cubicles lighted with?
5. What Mexican painter does Hannah mention?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)