|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxine say was the biggest difference between her and Fred?
(b) Sense of humor
2. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
(a) She gets possessive
(b) Maxine is jealous
(c) She does not want to fall in love
(d) Nonno is jealous
3. What did the girl cut herself with?
(a) A bread knife
(b) A machete
(c) A pin
(d) A razor bade
4. Who does Hannah say it is easy for her to make connections with?
(a) Unhappy people
(b) Fellow travelers
(d) Religious people
5. What is Maxine putting back up?
(a) The hammock
(b) The projector screen
(c) The clothes horse
(d) The coffee table
6. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
(a) A strand of hair
(b) A picture
(c) An item of clothing
(d) A necklace
7. How does Shannon say he will get into town?
8. What American poet does Hannah mention?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) Erza Pound
(c) Hart Crane
(d) Emily Watson
9. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
(a) Finding work
(b) Making friends
(c) Falling in love
(d) Moving to new countries
10. What does Shannon call Hannah?
(a) A model
(b) A chancer
(c) A fraud
(d) A hustler
11. What does Shannon say Hannah can use the cross for?
(a) As decoration
(b) To sell
(c) To pray
(d) To defend herself
12. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
(d) New York
13. What is Nonno's greatest dread?
(b) Back failure
(d) Memory failure
14. What does Maxine say she and Fred considered a long conversation?
(a) A hug
(b) Two grunts
(c) Saying goodnight
(d) Eye contact
15. What does Latta say is the only thing that Shannon is good for?
(b) Sleeping with whores
(c) Drinking rum
(d) Lying in a hammock
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon recite?
2. Where was Hannah's first sexual experience?
3. What drink does Hannah make for Shannon?
4. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
5. What Mexican painter does Hannah mention?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)