|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Mexican boys tie the Iguana to the post with?
2. What does Maxine say it is humiliating not to be?
(a) A man
3. What American poet does Hannah mention?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) Emily Watson
(c) Hart Crane
(d) Erza Pound
4. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
5. What is Maxine putting back up?
(a) The hammock
(b) The clothes horse
(c) The projector screen
(d) The coffee table
6. What is the name of the gaucho in the limerick?
7. Where was Hannah's first sexual experience?
(a) A baseball park
(b) A parking lot
(c) A movie theater
(d) A city park
8. Why does Nonno commit his poetry lines to memory?
(a) He always forgets his pen
(b) He likes to perform them
(c) He likes repeating the lines out loud
(d) He can't see to write
9. Why does Shannon agree to free the iguana?
(a) He is bored
(b) He wants a laugh
(c) God won't do it
(d) He wants to impress Hannah
10. Who does Maxine say she misses?
11. What does Shannon recite?
(a) A song
(b) A prayer
(c) A limerick
(d) A sonnet
12. What Mexican painter does Hannah mention?
13. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
(a) A shawl
(b) A sheet
(c) A rug
(d) A sweater
14. What does Shannon say Mexican chickens are?
15. What did the girl cut herself with?
(a) A razor bade
(b) A bread knife
(c) A machete
(d) A pin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mei yoo gaunchi mean in English?
2. What is the only thing that Hannah say disgusts her?
3. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
4. What are the cubicles lighted with?
5. Where did Hannah meet the second man?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)