|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shannon call the girl he prayed with?
(a) A tramp
(b) A whore
(c) A human
(d) A flower
2. What does Shannon offer Hannah?
(a) His gloves
(b) His ring
(c) His cross
(d) His shoes
3. What does Latta ask Shannon not to give him?
(a) A headache
(b) The car keys
4. Where has Maxine been thinking of returning to?
(b) New York
5. What is the only thing that Hannah say disgusts her?
(a) Bad manners
(b) Foul language
6. What is making a noise under the veranda?
(a) An iguana
(b) A crocodile
(c) A chicken
(d) A hog
7. Who does Shannon suggest Maxine get to respect her?
(c) Herr Fahrenkopf
8. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The toilet
(b) The sea
(c) The lake
(d) The forest
9. Who does Hannah say it is easy for her to make connections with?
(a) Unhappy people
(b) Religious people
(d) Fellow travelers
10. Where was Hannah's first sexual experience?
(a) A movie theater
(b) A parking lot
(c) A baseball park
(d) A city park
11. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
(a) A necklace
(b) A picture
(c) An item of clothing
(d) A strand of hair
12. What did Bruno say were divine?
13. What do the Mexican boys tie the Iguana to the post with?
14. What did the girl cut herself with?
(a) A machete
(b) A razor bade
(c) A pin
(d) A bread knife
15. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
(a) Living without her
(b) Going back to the church
(c) The hotel business
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shannon call Latta?
2. What does Hannah want Shannon to cut loose?
3. What does Shannon come out of the cubicle like a survivor of?
4. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
5. What did Shannon's mother used to hit him with?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)