|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American poet does Hannah mention?
(a) Erza Pound
(b) Hart Crane
(c) Emily Watson
(d) Walt Whitman
2. How does Shannon say he will get into town?
3. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
(a) The hotel business
(c) Going back to the church
(d) Living without her
4. What does Shannon call Hannah?
(a) A fraud
(b) A hustler
(c) A chancer
(d) A model
5. What item of his clothing has Shannon taken off?
(a) His sweater
(b) His trousers
(c) His socks
(d) His shirt
6. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
(a) Finding work
(b) Falling in love
(c) Making friends
(d) Moving to new countries
7. What does Shannon say Hannah can use the cross for?
(a) To pray
(b) As decoration
(c) To sell
(d) To defend herself
8. What kind of creature do the Mexican boys have tied up in a shirt?
(a) An iguana
(b) A snake
(c) A lizard
(d) A cougar
9. What is the only church Maxine says would accept Shannon?
(a) Holy Rollers
(b) The Las Vegas ministry
(c) The Church of Sin
(d) The Catholic Church
10. What is the name of the gaucho in the limerick?
11. What does Hannah say Shannon's congregation needs?
(a) Still waters
(b) Wild winds
(c) Still air
(d) Wild waters
12. Where was Hannah's first sexual experience?
(a) A city park
(b) A baseball park
(c) A parking lot
(d) A movie theater
13. What does Hannah say is the only thing that is simple?
(a) Hotel managers
14. What is Nonno's greatest dread?
(a) Back failure
(b) Memory failure
15. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shannon's mother used to hit him with?
2. What did Bruno say were divine?
3. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
4. What does Hannah want Shannon to cut loose?
5. Who does Shannon suggest Maxine get to respect her?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)