|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
(a) She gets possessive
(b) Maxine is jealous
(c) Nonno is jealous
(d) She does not want to fall in love
2. Who does Shannon suggest Maxine get to respect her?
(c) Herr Fahrenkopf
3. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
4. What does Shannon call Latta?
(a) Ugly piece of chunk
(c) Fat Zero
(d) Little big nothing
5. In what state did Shannon have his church?
6. What does Shannon recite?
(a) A limerick
(b) A song
(c) A sonnet
(d) A prayer
7. Who does Hannah say it is easy for her to make connections with?
(a) Unhappy people
(c) Religious people
(d) Fellow travelers
8. What kind of creature do the Mexican boys have tied up in a shirt?
(a) A snake
(b) A lizard
(c) A cougar
(d) An iguana
9. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
10. How does Shannon say he will get into town?
11. What does Shannon say he has never had difficulty doing?
(a) Finding work
(b) Making friends
(c) Falling in love
(d) Moving to new countries
12. What does Maxine say an iguana tastes like?
13. What is the only thing that Hannah say disgusts her?
(a) Foul language
(b) Bad manners
14. What are the cubicles lighted with?
(a) Oil lamps
(b) Gas lamps
(c) Electric lamps
15. What is Maxine putting back up?
(a) The clothes horse
(b) The hammock
(c) The projector screen
(d) The coffee table
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Latta say is the only thing that Shannon is good for?
2. What does Shannon say Fred may have thought Maxine had turned into?
3. What American poet does Hannah mention?
4. What is the only church Maxine says would accept Shannon?
5. Who does Maxine say she misses?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)