|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah say is the only thing that is simple?
(a) Hotel managers
2. What does Latta ask Shannon not to give him?
(c) A headache
(d) The car keys
3. What part of Hannah's body did the man touch?
(a) Her hand
(b) Her knee
(c) Her head
(d) Her arm
4. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The forest
(b) The lake
(c) The sea
(d) The toilet
5. Where does Hannah want Shannon to lie down?
(a) On the hammock
(b) Under the trees
(c) On the sand
(d) On the grass
6. What does Hannah want Shannon to cut loose?
(a) The chicken
(b) The iguana
(c) The pig
(d) The sheep
7. What did the girl cut herself with?
(a) A bread knife
(b) A pin
(c) A machete
(d) A razor bade
8. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
(a) An orchestra
(b) A funeral
(c) A wedding
(d) A church service
9. What is the only thing that Hannah say disgusts her?
(a) Foul language
(d) Bad manners
10. What American poet does Hannah mention?
(a) Erza Pound
(b) Emily Watson
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Hart Crane
11. What does Hannah put around Nonno?
(a) A sweater
(b) A rug
(c) A sheet
(d) A shawl
12. Why does Nonno commit his poetry lines to memory?
(a) He likes to perform them
(b) He always forgets his pen
(c) He likes repeating the lines out loud
(d) He can't see to write
13. What does Nonno announce?
(a) He has finished his poem
(b) His shoes are too small
(c) He is having a heart attack
(d) He remembers where his glasses are
14. Who does Hannah say is the only person Shannon has traveled with?
(a) His mother
(c) His ghost
(d) His spook
15. What does Shannon call Hannah?
(a) A chancer
(b) A fraud
(c) A model
(d) A hustler
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shannon's mother used to hit him with?
2. What did Fred always know about Shannon?
3. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
4. Who does Shanon say he has never had relations with?
5. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)