|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah say comes after the Fourth of July?
2. What does Shannon say he has been accused of being?
3. What does Nonno announce?
(a) His shoes are too small
(b) He remembers where his glasses are
(c) He has finished his poem
(d) He is having a heart attack
4. What does Shannon think a few years living with Maxine would prepare him for?
(b) Going back to the church
(c) The hotel business
(d) Living without her
5. Where did Shannon get the gold cross from?
(a) A Mexican church
(b) A dead body
(c) His father
(d) A pawn shop
6. Why does Shannon agree to free the iguana?
(a) He is bored
(b) He wants to impress Hannah
(c) God won't do it
(d) He wants a laugh
7. Who is Shannon writing a letter to?
(a) A bishop
(b) His mother
(c) His brother
(d) An ex-girlfriend
8. What is making a noise under the veranda?
(a) A crocodile
(b) An iguana
(c) A chicken
(d) A hog
9. What did the man ask to have of Hannah's?
(a) An item of clothing
(b) A necklace
(c) A strand of hair
(d) A picture
10. What does Latta ask Shannon not to give him?
(a) A headache
(c) The car keys
11. What does Hannah ask Shannon if he is planning to conduct?
(a) A funeral
(b) An orchestra
(c) A wedding
(d) A church service
12. What is the name of the gaucho in the limerick?
13. What does Maxine say an iguana tastes like?
14. Where does Shannon threaten to throw his cross?
(a) The sea
(b) The forest
(c) The toilet
(d) The lake
15. What does Hannah say Shannon's congregation needs?
(a) Wild winds
(b) Still waters
(c) Wild waters
(d) Still air
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Maxine want to operate a tourist camp?
2. What does Latta say is the only thing that Shannon is good for?
3. Why does Hannah suggest she and Shannon should keep their distance?
4. What does Shannon call Latta?
5. What does Hannah describe her relationship with Nonno like?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)