|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Hall decide to work to earn some extra money?
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) New Year's.
2. What does Norman keep dreaming about?
(a) His brother's murder.
(b) His wife's accident.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His nervous breakdown.
3. What is the first indication that something happened to Artie's hands?
(a) They grow warts.
(c) They grow hair.
(d) They itch.
4. Who is Wayne?
(a) Norman's student.
(b) Norman's boss.
(c) Norman's father.
(d) Norman's older brother.
5. What does Artie believe he did that he tells Richard?
(a) Kill a boy.
(b) Eat a boy.
(c) Kill Richard's wife.
(d) Kill his partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richie drink that starts to change him?
2. What did Billings do differently with Andy than with his other children?
3. What does Timmy see his father do with the dead cat?
4. What did Billings and his wife do after the death of his second child?
5. What does Richie cover himself with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of tone does Lester have when he is telling his story and what might the reader initially think about him?
2. What theme does The Mangler illustrate and how?
3. How does Hall behave and interact with Warwick, his supervisor?
4. What happened to Artie because of his space mission and why is this significant to the story?
5. What kind of son is Timmy?
6. Describe Renshaw's character in Battleground.
7. What problem do the trucks appear to have and how do they solve their problem?
8. What theme does the story, Battleground, illustrate?
9. What questions are the readers left wondering at the end along with Norman in Sometimes They Come Back?
10. How is Hall shown to be smarter than the average working man?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)