|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the hand that Richie shows his son?
(a) It has eyeballs on it.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It melted off.
(d) It turned into a gray lump.
2. What does one truck do when it comes up to the diner?
(a) Stand and wait.
(b) Beep its horn.
(d) Run it down.
3. Who is Bernie's girlfriend?
4. Who replaces Chip Osway in Norman's class?
(a) Vincent Corey.
(b) David Garcia.
(c) Wayne Norman.
(d) Robert Lawson.
5. Who is the narrator of Night Surf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jackson and Hunton decide to do about the machine?
2. What does Timmy see has happened to his father?
3. What does the supervisor call Hall?
4. What is John Renshaw's career?
5. What happened to Wayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hall's fate and how might one describe it?
2. What is Artie's decision in the end of I Am the Doorway and what can we conclude about him from this?
3. What problem do the trucks appear to have and how do they solve their problem?
4. What appears unusual about Officer Hunton's acceptance of the idea that the killing machines are possessed by spirits?
5. What is the symbolism behind the gray mass that Richie has become?
6. What does Artie fear and what does it tell us about him?
7. What is the problem with Needles?
8. What are Norman's dreams about?
9. What do we discover in the end of The Boogeyman?
10. What does Artie believe is happening to him?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)