|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renshaw attempt to do near the end of Battleground?
(a) Launch a sneak attack on the soldiers.
(b) Step on the soldiers.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Run away.
2. How does Norman battle the boys who want to kill him?
(a) By exorcising them.
(b) By calling the cops on them.
(c) By shooting them.
(d) By summoning a demon.
3. Who is the local drunk in Gray Matter?
(a) Richie Grenadine.
(b) Blind Eddie.
(d) Timmy Grenadine.
4. Where is the package from that Renshaw receives?
(a) The man who hired him.
(b) His mother.
(c) The toy company.
(d) He does not know.
5. What did the coroner say was the cause of Billings' child?
(b) Head trauma.
(c) Crib death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be happening to the trucks in the morning?
2. Where does Hall currently work?
3. What does Calvin discover that is written in code?
4. What happens to Richard in the end of I Am the Doorway?
5. Who replaces Chip Osway in Norman's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Renshaw's character in Battleground.
2. What questions are the readers left wondering at the end along with Norman in Sometimes They Come Back?
3. What is Norman's character in Sometimes They Come Back, and what events in his life might attribute to his behavior?
4. What theme is touched upon in Gray Matter?
5. What appears unusual about Officer Hunton's acceptance of the idea that the killing machines are possessed by spirits?
6. What are Norman's dreams about?
7. How does Stephen King use setting as a "character" in Jerusalem's Lot?
8. What theme does the story, Battleground, illustrate?
9. In The Mangler, what does Jackson research that must be done to the machines?
10. What implies that the church Charles finds might have belonged to Satan-worshipers?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)