|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The records that Burt finds shows that the deaths of the people occurred on exactly what day?
(a) Their nineteenth birthday.
(b) Their thirteenth birthday.
(c) Their eighteenth birthday.
(d) Their twelfth birthday.
2. Which of the following is not something the person who comes to mow Harold's lawn does?
(a) Eats the lawn cuttings like a goat.
(b) Eats a squirrel.
(c) He is naked.
(d) Eats a woodchuck.
3. When Booth, Tookey, and the man arrive at the car, what do they discover?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It has been smashed.
(d) It is on fire.
4. What theme is The Lawnmower Man based on?
5. Where does Johnny leave the pill bottle?
(a) On the pillow by his mother.
(b) In the trashcan.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) Inside the top of his mother's purse.
6. What does "strawberry spring" refer to?
(a) The beginning of spring.
(b) A false spring.
(c) A time when strawberries are abundant.
(d) A time when people like to eat strawberries.
7. Who is Cressner?
(a) The mobster husband of Norris' lover.
(b) The mobster whom Norris owes money to.
(c) The mobster fiance of Norris' lover.
(d) The mobster who is Norris' boss.
8. Which president is mentioned in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
9. How did the first strawberry spring end?
(a) The fog continued to grow.
(b) The storm came.
(c) The storm blew in and the fog went away.
(d) The strawberries died.
10. What does Larry find waiting for him when he returns home in The Last Rung on the Ladder?
(a) A letter from his sister.
(b) His sister.
(c) A letter from his father.
(d) A newspaper clipping from his sister.
11. What is The Woman in the Room about?
12. What is the problem between Burt and Vicky?
(a) Marital discord.
13. What is Elizabeth's roommate concerned about?
(a) Elizabeth's growing relationship with Ed.
(b) Elizabeth's grades.
(c) Elizabeth's boyfriend.
(d) Elizabeth's lack of commitment to Ed.
14. Who is the first person narrator in One For the Road?
(a) A vampire.
(b) The man.
15. How does Elizabeth keep Ed at arm's length?
(a) By telling him she will be ready to date him in a few months.
(b) By telling him she is not interested in a relationship.
(c) By telling him she is not interested in men.
(d) By telling him she has a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed help Elizabeth?
2. What connection does Ed have with Elizabeth's boyfriend?
3. What location does the man in One for the Road say he left his wife and daughter near?
4. In The Woman in the Room, what is Johnny's mother dying of?
5. Why did Katrina let go when Larry told her to even though she didn't know what he was planning?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)