|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Morrison's wife's reaction to learning about the Quitters, Inc. program?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is uncertain.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She does not care.
2. What is the consequence that Morrison faces if he gains too much weight?
(a) His son will lose his pinky.
(b) His wife will lose her pinky.
(c) His daughter will lose her pinky.
(d) He will lose his pinky.
3. What ailment does the man who enters the bar in One for the Road have?
(b) Chicken pox.
4. Who is the first person narrator in One For the Road?
(b) A vampire.
(c) The man.
5. What causes the narrator of Strawberry Spring to flashback?
(a) A story on the radio.
(b) Seeing his old college friend.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) A story on the television.
6. What does Larry find waiting for him when he returns home in The Last Rung on the Ladder?
(a) His sister.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from his sister.
(d) A newspaper clipping from his sister.
7. Where does Johnny leave the pill bottle?
(a) On the pillow by his mother.
(b) Inside the top of his mother's purse.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In the trashcan.
8. What do people think when they see the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
(a) That he is insane.
(b) That he is in love.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That he is rich.
9. Why did Katrina let go when Larry told her to even though she didn't know what he was planning?
(a) Because she knew he called their father.
(b) Because she knew he had another ladder ready.
(c) Because she trusted him.
(d) Because she knew he was piling hay underneath her.
10. What theme is The Lawnmower Man based on?
11. Which president is mentioned in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
12. On the first night of the strawberry spring in the narrator's past, what is discovered?
(a) The dead body of a girl with her head chopped off.
(b) The dead body of a girl in pieces.
(c) The dead body of a girl buried.
(d) The dead body of a girl with her throat slit.
13. What explanation does the person who is mowing the lawn give to Harold about his behavior?
(a) His boss doesn't care what he does.
(b) He really used to be a goat and is now a human.
(c) He doesn't give any explanation.
(d) His boss believes in this more natural lawn care.
14. What does Johnny find in his mother's medicine cabinet?
(a) Some powerful painkillers.
(c) Her daily medications.
(d) Her journal.
15. When Booth, Tookey, and the man arrive at the car, what do they discover?
(a) It is gone.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It has been smashed.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jerusalem's Lot rumored to be the home of?
2. How did the first strawberry spring end?
3. What is Elizabeth's roommate concerned about?
4. What does Johnny give his mother?
5. In The Ledge, what is Stan Norris' profession?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)