|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people think when they see the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) That he is stupid.
(c) That he is insane.
(d) That he is in love.
2. In The Woman in the Room, what is Johnny's mother dying of?
3. What theme is The Lawnmower Man based on?
4. What ailment does the man who enters the bar in One for the Road have?
(d) Chicken pox.
5. Who does Harold expect will come to mow his lawn?
(a) A professional.
(b) A teenager.
(c) The boy who mowed his lawn before.
(d) A naked man.
6. What does "strawberry spring" refer to?
(a) A time when people like to eat strawberries.
(b) A false spring.
(c) The beginning of spring.
(d) A time when strawberries are abundant.
7. Why does Vicky honk the car horn?
(a) Because a bunch of kids are converging on the car, attempting to attack.
(b) Because she is impatient and wants to leave.
(c) Because the police officers discover them.
(d) Because the cornfields have come to life and attack the car.
8. How did the first strawberry spring end?
(a) The strawberries died.
(b) The storm blew in and the fog went away.
(c) The storm came.
(d) The fog continued to grow.
9. What does Cressner reveal to Norris?
(a) That he married Norris' lover.
(b) That he pushed Norris' lover off the ledge.
(c) That he killed Norris' lover.
(d) That he plans to kill Norris.
10. What did Larry do to save his sister when they were children?
(a) Call their father.
(b) Get another ladder.
(c) Pile hay underneath her.
(d) Catch her.
11. With what sort of intention about smoking does Dick Morrison go to Quitters, Inc.?
(a) Half-hearted intention to quit.
(b) Full-fledged intention to quit.
(c) Nonchalant commitment to quit.
(d) Not fully committed to quit.
12. Where does Johnny leave the pill bottle?
(a) In the trashcan.
(b) Inside the top of his mother's purse.
(c) On the pillow by his mother.
(d) In his pocket.
13. What has happened to the wife and daughter in One For the Road?
(a) They have been turned into vampires.
(b) They have been eaten by the vampires.
(c) They have been killed by the vampires.
(d) They have been burned by the vampires.
14. What connection does Ed have with Elizabeth's boyfriend?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) Ed killed him.
(c) Ed is in love with him.
(d) They are cousins.
15. What does Johnny find in his mother's medicine cabinet?
(a) Some powerful painkillers.
(b) Her daily medications.
(c) Her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Quitters, Inc. what does Jimmy McCann say he has quit?
2. What is the problem between Burt and Vicky?
3. What does Larry find out happened to his sister?
4. On the first night of the strawberry spring in the narrator's past, what is discovered?
5. What does the narrator of Strawberry Spring suspect?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)