Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
3. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
5. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
Describe Pobedonotstsev's opinion of the Jews and what is done with them. Demonstrate and explain, using the text, how his philosophy is reflected in his student, Nicholas', own policies.
Analyze and explain how the Tsar's reaction to and handling of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen strike that begins at the Putilov Steel Works and ends in bloodshed on "Bloody Sunday," January 22, 1905, change people's attitudes toward the Tsar and strengthen the revolutionary movement instead of quelling it as the Tsar hopes. Support your remarks with the text.
In Chapter 3, we learn that Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie are initially opposed to Nicholas' match with Alix of Hesse (later Alexandra) because they are anti-German. Analyze and explain how their opposition to this match--and her nation of origin--foreshadow the difficulty Alexandra has with her in-laws during the first few months of her marriage, her problems fitting into Russian society, as well as Russian hatred of her during World War I. Support your arguments from the text.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)