|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
3. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
5. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pobedonotstsev's opinion of the Jews and what is done with them. Demonstrate and explain, using the text, how his philosophy is reflected in his student, Nicholas', own policies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the causes of the Russian-Japanese war, and analyze and demonstrate how Russia's experiences during this war, particularly during the Battle of the Straits of Tsushima, shape its military strategy for World War I. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the narrative's description, in chapter 5, of Nicholas' and Alexandra's attitudes about the coronation day and analyze whether or not these attitudes (Alexandra's in particular) foreshadow how they deal with later problems in their personal as well as political lives. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)