|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
2. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
3. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
4. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
5. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the views and philosophies of Lenin's Bolsheviks with Plekhanov's Mensheviks, and analyze--using the text as backup--why Lenin and the Bolshevik views prevailed over Plekhanov and the Mensheviks.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nicholas' and Alexandra's contributions to the Russian monarchy, especially how they choose to deal with the beginning of its decline and the growing power of the revolutionaries, with Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna's prediction that Nicholas and Alexandra's inadequacies as rulers make them the last generation of Romanov rulers. Demonstrate whether or not the Grand Duchess is correct in her analysis of Nicholas and Alexandra as inadequate rulers.
Essay Topic 3
The reason why Felix Yussoupov and his co-conspirators assassinate Rasputin is to try to save the monarchy. Using the text, analyze and explain why, and how, his assassination actually ends up contributing to the revolutionary cause and to the collapse of the monarchy.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)