|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
3. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
5. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
Essay Topic 1
Using the text and by doing research on the disease as well as using what is learned in class, describe and explain what hemophilia is, why it only occurs in males, and how Queen Victoria is believed to have become a carrier. How does this disease affect the Romanovs' fate?
Essay Topic 2
Using the text to support your arguments, compare and contrast the ideologies of the Provisional Government that is established immediately after the revolution with those of the Bolsheviks, and explain why the Bolsheviks are so easily able to take control of Russia's government in the days and weeks following the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and demonstrate how the assassination of Austria's Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian revolutionary Gabriel Princip, which leads to World War I, contribute to the downfall of the Russian military and, ultimately, the monarchy. Support your statements with the text.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)