|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
2. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
3. How long does it take Yurovsky's group to destroy the bodies?
4. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
5. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, we learn that Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie are initially opposed to Nicholas' match with Alix of Hesse (later Alexandra) because they are anti-German. Analyze and explain how their opposition to this match--and her nation of origin--foreshadow the difficulty Alexandra has with her in-laws during the first few months of her marriage, her problems fitting into Russian society, as well as Russian hatred of her during World War I. Support your arguments from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how the Tsar's reaction to and handling of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen strike that begins at the Putilov Steel Works and ends in bloodshed on "Bloody Sunday," January 22, 1905, change people's attitudes toward the Tsar and strengthen the revolutionary movement instead of quelling it as the Tsar hopes. Support your remarks with the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain how Nicholas and Alexandra's decision to keep Alexis' hemophilia a secret contributed to not only Alexandra's unpopularity with Russians but also to the downfall of the monarchy. Back up your arguments with citations from the text.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)