Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
3. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
5. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and demonstrate how Nicholas' agreement to the Imperial Manifesto and the establishment of the Duma (Russia's Parliament) both enable the revolutionaries and hasten the collapse of the Russian monarchy. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how the Tsar's reaction to and handling of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen strike that begins at the Putilov Steel Works and ends in bloodshed on "Bloody Sunday," January 22, 1905, change people's attitudes toward the Tsar and strengthen the revolutionary movement instead of quelling it as the Tsar hopes. Support your remarks with the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain how Nicholas and Alexandra's decision to keep Alexis' hemophilia a secret contributed to not only Alexandra's unpopularity with Russians but also to the downfall of the monarchy. Back up your arguments with citations from the text.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)