|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the Russian supreme command?
2. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
3. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
4. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
5. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
Essay Topic 1
Explain and analyze why, although there are people who want, and indeed try, to help the Romanovs escape, nothing ever comes to fruition. Use the text as backup.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and demonstrate how the assassination of Austria's Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian revolutionary Gabriel Princip, which leads to World War I, contribute to the downfall of the Russian military and, ultimately, the monarchy. Support your statements with the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the causes of the Russian-Japanese war, and analyze and demonstrate how Russia's experiences during this war, particularly during the Battle of the Straits of Tsushima, shape its military strategy for World War I. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)