|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
2. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
3. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
4. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
5. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
2. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
3. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
6. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
7. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
8. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
9. When are the Romanovs told they are able to leave Siberia?
10. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pobedonotstsev's opinion of the Jews and what is done with them. Demonstrate and explain, using the text, how his philosophy is reflected in his student, Nicholas', own policies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and analyze why, although there are people who want, and indeed try, to help the Romanovs escape, nothing ever comes to fruition. Use the text as backup.
Essay Topic 3
Using the text, analyze and demonstrate whether or not Russia's becoming a constitutional monarchy in October 1905 strengthens the revolutionaries and enable the ultimate collapse of the monarchy at their hands.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)