|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
2. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
3. At ___________ on the day they are murdered, the Romanovs are awakened and told to dress because they have to leave quickly.
4. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
5. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the views and philosophies of Lenin's Bolsheviks with Plekhanov's Mensheviks, and analyze--using the text as backup--why Lenin and the Bolshevik views prevailed over Plekhanov and the Mensheviks.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the causes of the Russian-Japanese war, and analyze and demonstrate how Russia's experiences during this war, particularly during the Battle of the Straits of Tsushima, shape its military strategy for World War I. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)