|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
2. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
3. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
4. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
5. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
Short Essay Questions
1. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
2. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
3. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
4. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
5. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
6. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
7. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
8. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
9. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
10. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and demonstrate how Nicholas' agreement to the Imperial Manifesto and the establishment of the Duma (Russia's Parliament) both enable the revolutionaries and hasten the collapse of the Russian monarchy. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Using the text and by doing research on the disease as well as using what is learned in class, describe and explain what hemophilia is, why it only occurs in males, and how Queen Victoria is believed to have become a carrier. How does this disease affect the Romanovs' fate?
Essay Topic 3
Using the text, analyze and demonstrate whether or not Russia's becoming a constitutional monarchy in October 1905 strengthens the revolutionaries and enable the ultimate collapse of the monarchy at their hands.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)