Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
2. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
5. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
2. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
3. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
6. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
7. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
8. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
9. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
10. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
Essay Topic 1
Using the text, analyze and demonstrate whether or not Russia's becoming a constitutional monarchy in October 1905 strengthens the revolutionaries and enable the ultimate collapse of the monarchy at their hands.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and demonstrate how the assassination of Austria's Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian revolutionary Gabriel Princip, which leads to World War I, contribute to the downfall of the Russian military and, ultimately, the monarchy. Support your statements with the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)