|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
2. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
3. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
4. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
5. Which option lists the names of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters in order of their birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
2. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
3. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
4. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
5. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
6. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
7. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
8. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
9. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
10. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pobedonotstsev's opinion of the Jews and what is done with them. Demonstrate and explain, using the text, how his philosophy is reflected in his student, Nicholas', own policies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and analyze why, although there are people who want, and indeed try, to help the Romanovs escape, nothing ever comes to fruition. Use the text as backup.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and demonstrate how the assassination of Austria's Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian revolutionary Gabriel Princip, which leads to World War I, contribute to the downfall of the Russian military and, ultimately, the monarchy. Support your statements with the text.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)