|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
2. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
3. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
4. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
5. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
2. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
3. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
4. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
5. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
6. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
7. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
8. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
9. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
10. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Nicholas' and Alexandra's contributions to the Russian monarchy, especially how they choose to deal with the beginning of its decline and the growing power of the revolutionaries, with Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna's prediction that Nicholas and Alexandra's inadequacies as rulers make them the last generation of Romanov rulers. Demonstrate whether or not the Grand Duchess is correct in her analysis of Nicholas and Alexandra as inadequate rulers.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
Essay Topic 3
The reason why Felix Yussoupov and his co-conspirators assassinate Rasputin is to try to save the monarchy. Using the text, analyze and explain why, and how, his assassination actually ends up contributing to the revolutionary cause and to the collapse of the monarchy.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)