|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
2. In whose carriage does Nicholas' mother, Marie, ride during the coronation ceremony?
3. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
4. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
5. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
2. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
3. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
4. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
5. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
6. After initially abdicating the throne to Alexis, why does Nicholas change his mind and turn it over to his brother Michael?
7. Instead of telling Nicholas that a revolution is taking place, what does Protopopov and Voeikov tell him about the events taking place in St. Petersburg, and how does he find out what is really happening?
8. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
9. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
10. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the text and by doing research on the disease as well as using what is learned in class, describe and explain what hemophilia is, why it only occurs in males, and how Queen Victoria is believed to have become a carrier. How does this disease affect the Romanovs' fate?
Essay Topic 2
By using the text as backup and comparing and contrasting Russian Orthodox and Lutheran beliefs, explain why women who marry into the Russian royal family convert to the Russian Orthodox faith, as Alix is required to do from the Lutheran faith in which she is raised.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and demonstrate how Nicholas' agreement to the Imperial Manifesto and the establishment of the Duma (Russia's Parliament) both enable the revolutionaries and hasten the collapse of the Russian monarchy. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)