|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
2. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
3. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
4. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
5. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
2. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
3. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
4. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
5. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
6. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
7. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
8. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
9. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
10. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By using the text as backup and comparing and contrasting Russian Orthodox and Lutheran beliefs, explain why women who marry into the Russian royal family convert to the Russian Orthodox faith, as Alix is required to do from the Lutheran faith in which she is raised.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and demonstrate how the assassination of Austria's Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian revolutionary Gabriel Princip, which leads to World War I, contribute to the downfall of the Russian military and, ultimately, the monarchy. Support your statements with the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nicholas' and Alexandra's contributions to the Russian monarchy, especially how they choose to deal with the beginning of its decline and the growing power of the revolutionaries, with Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna's prediction that Nicholas and Alexandra's inadequacies as rulers make them the last generation of Romanov rulers. Demonstrate whether or not the Grand Duchess is correct in her analysis of Nicholas and Alexandra as inadequate rulers.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)