|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen, found by Plehve and Father George Gapon?
2. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
3. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
4. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
5. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
2. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
3. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
4. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
5. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
6. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
7. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
8. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
9. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
10. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain how the Tsar's reaction to and handling of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen strike that begins at the Putilov Steel Works and ends in bloodshed on "Bloody Sunday," January 22, 1905, change people's attitudes toward the Tsar and strengthen the revolutionary movement instead of quelling it as the Tsar hopes. Support your remarks with the text.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and demonstrate how Nicholas' agreement to the Imperial Manifesto and the establishment of the Duma (Russia's Parliament) both enable the revolutionaries and hasten the collapse of the Russian monarchy. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Using the text as backup, compare and contrast the daily routine of the Romanovs, as described in Chapter 10, with the daily life of the typical Russian worker.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)