Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
2. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
5. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
2. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
3. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
6. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
7. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
8. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
9. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
10. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
Essay Topic 1
Using the text to support your arguments, compare and contrast the ideologies of the Provisional Government that is established immediately after the revolution with those of the Bolsheviks, and explain why the Bolsheviks are so easily able to take control of Russia's government in the days and weeks following the revolution.
Essay Topic 2
Using the text, explain and analyze how Alexandra's belief that Rasputin is a representative from God who miraculously heals her son enables Rasputin to take advantage of her, as well as Alexis' hemophilia, in order to gain influence in and, eventually, control over Russia's government.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)