Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
2. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
5. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
2. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
3. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
6. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
7. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
8. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
9. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
10. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
Essay Topic 1
By using the text as backup and comparing and contrasting Russian Orthodox and Lutheran beliefs, explain why women who marry into the Russian royal family convert to the Russian Orthodox faith, as Alix is required to do from the Lutheran faith in which she is raised.
Essay Topic 2
Using the text to support your arguments, compare and contrast the ideologies of the Provisional Government that is established immediately after the revolution with those of the Bolsheviks, and explain why the Bolsheviks are so easily able to take control of Russia's government in the days and weeks following the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the causes of the Russian-Japanese war, and analyze and demonstrate how Russia's experiences during this war, particularly during the Battle of the Straits of Tsushima, shape its military strategy for World War I. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)