|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stolypin do away with?
2. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
3. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
4. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
5. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
2. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
3. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
4. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
5. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
6. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
7. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
8. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
9. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
10. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the causes of the Russian-Japanese war, and analyze and demonstrate how Russia's experiences during this war, particularly during the Battle of the Straits of Tsushima, shape its military strategy for World War I. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and analyze why, although there are people who want, and indeed try, to help the Romanovs escape, nothing ever comes to fruition. Use the text as backup.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)