|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
2. What does the Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna say about Nicholas and Alexandra?
3. With what medical condition is Alexis diagnosed at six weeks of age?
4. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
5. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
2. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
3. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
4. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
5. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
6. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
7. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
8. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
9. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
10. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the text, analyze and demonstrate whether or not Russia's becoming a constitutional monarchy in October 1905 strengthens the revolutionaries and enable the ultimate collapse of the monarchy at their hands.
Essay Topic 2
Using the text to support your arguments, compare and contrast the ideologies of the Provisional Government that is established immediately after the revolution with those of the Bolsheviks, and explain why the Bolsheviks are so easily able to take control of Russia's government in the days and weeks following the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Using the text, explain and analyze how Alexandra's belief that Rasputin is a representative from God who miraculously heals her son enables Rasputin to take advantage of her, as well as Alexis' hemophilia, in order to gain influence in and, eventually, control over Russia's government.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)