|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
2. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
3. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
4. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
5. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
2. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
3. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
4. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
5. When the royal yacht, the Standart, strikes a rock during a cruise, why doesn't it sink?
6. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
7. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
8. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
9. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
10. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By using the text as backup and comparing and contrasting Russian Orthodox and Lutheran beliefs, explain why women who marry into the Russian royal family convert to the Russian Orthodox faith, as Alix is required to do from the Lutheran faith in which she is raised.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how Nicholas and Alexandra's decision to keep Alexis' hemophilia a secret contributed to not only Alexandra's unpopularity with Russians but also to the downfall of the monarchy. Back up your arguments with citations from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain, supporting your remarks with the text, why Nicholas' plans to follow his father, Alexander's, autocratic principles as Tsar strengthen the revolutionaries' cause.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)