|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
2. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; Moscow.
(b) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
(c) Murmansk; England.
(d) England; Murmansk.
3. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(b) Government officials.
4. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
5. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) Advance permission.
(b) A police escort.
(d) A military escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
2. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
3. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
4. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
5. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
Short Essay Questions
1. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
2. In agreeing to the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, what territory does Russia give up?
3. When the Romanovs arrived in Tyumen, in what condition does Kobylinsky find the Governor's house, where the Romanovs are to live?
4. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
5. In the letter that turns out to prophesy his death as well as the fate of the monarchy, what does Rasputin say happens to the Romanovs if his death is at the hands of peasants or commoners? Likewise, what does he say happens to the monarchy if his death is at the hands of nobles?
6. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
7. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
8. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
9. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
10. On March 12, the day the revolution begins, what is the response of the Cabinet? What is significant about this action?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)