|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 11, 1916.
(b) January 1, 1916.
(c) January 11, 1917.
(d) January 1, 1917.
3. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Grand Duke Dmitry.
(b) Princess Irina.
(c) Prince Felix .
(d) Grand Duke Michael.
4. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
5. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
2. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
3. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
4. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
5. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
2. Why does Alexandra move Anna Vyrubova into an apartment in the Alexander Palace?
3. When are the Romanovs told they are able to leave Siberia?
4. In the period between Nicholas' abdication and the Romanovs' arrest, why do the revolutionaries not attack the Alexander Palace, where the family is living?
5. After initially abdicating the throne to Alexis, why does Nicholas change his mind and turn it over to his brother Michael?
6. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
7. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
8. Why are losses so heavy among Russian officers, in particular, during World War I?
9. On March 12, the day the revolution begins, what is the response of the Cabinet? What is significant about this action?
10. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)