|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
2. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(a) Gunshot wounds.
(d) Blunt force trauma.
3. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
(b) Tobolsk, in western Siberia.
(d) The Crimea.
4. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
(a) Her sister, Ella.
(b) Her friend, Lili Dehn.
(c) Nicholas' brother, Michael.
(d) Nicholas' mother, Marie.
5. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(b) Granted asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
2. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
3. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
4. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
5. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
2. When are the Romanovs told they are able to leave Siberia?
3. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
4. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
5. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
6. What happens on March 18, 1917, that prompts Alexandra to burn much of her correspondence?
7. After initially abdicating the throne to Alexis, why does Nicholas change his mind and turn it over to his brother Michael?
8. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
9. Why does Alexandra move Anna Vyrubova into an apartment in the Alexander Palace?
10. When the Romanovs arrived in Tyumen, in what condition does Kobylinsky find the Governor's house, where the Romanovs are to live?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)