|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
2. What happens five days after the Tsar relinquishes control of the government?
(a) The government collapses.
(b) The entire Romanov family is assassinated.
(c) Alexis hemorrhages.
(d) Revolutionaries storm Tsarskoe Selo.
3. As the revolution begins, what is Nicholas writing to Alexandra about?
(a) Trout fishing.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) His plans to save the monarchy.
(d) Preparing to flee with her family to safety.
4. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
5. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Military information.
(b) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(c) Alexis' health records.
(d) Political information.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
2. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
3. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
4. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
5. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
Short Essay Questions
1. On March 12, the day the revolution begins, what is the response of the Cabinet? What is significant about this action?
2. Why does Alexandra move Anna Vyrubova into an apartment in the Alexander Palace?
3. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
4. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
5. When are the Romanovs told they are able to leave Siberia?
6. Why are losses so heavy among Russian officers, in particular, during World War I?
7. In the period between Nicholas' abdication and the Romanovs' arrest, why do the revolutionaries not attack the Alexander Palace, where the family is living?
8. After initially abdicating the throne to Alexis, why does Nicholas change his mind and turn it over to his brother Michael?
9. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
10. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)