|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
2. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
3. How do Nicholas and the others keep up on world events after their arrest?
(b) Television and radio.
(c) Papers and magazines.
4. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be relocated.
(b) They expect to be freed.
(c) They expect to be rescued.
(d) They expect to be deported.
5. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
(c) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
2. What does Rasputin want?
3. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
4. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
5. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
2. In the letter that turns out to prophesy his death as well as the fate of the monarchy, what does Rasputin say happens to the Romanovs if his death is at the hands of peasants or commoners? Likewise, what does he say happens to the monarchy if his death is at the hands of nobles?
3. Instead of telling Nicholas that a revolution is taking place, what does Protopopov and Voeikov tell him about the events taking place in St. Petersburg, and how does he find out what is really happening?
4. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
5. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
6. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
7. When Alexis suffers a nosebleed and Rasputin is sent for, what does Rasputin do when he arrives and what happens afterward?
8. When the Romanovs arrived in Tyumen, in what condition does Kobylinsky find the Governor's house, where the Romanovs are to live?
9. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
10. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)