|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
(a) Nicholas' mother, Marie.
(b) Her friend, Lili Dehn.
(c) Her sister, Ella.
(d) Nicholas' brother, Michael.
2. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(c) Blunt force trauma.
(d) Gunshot wounds.
3. How many people live together in the five-room upper level given to the Romanovs?
4. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(a) Granted asylum.
5. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
2. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
3. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
4. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
5. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
Short Essay Questions
1. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
2. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
3. In agreeing to the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, what territory does Russia give up?
4. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
5. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
6. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
7. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
8. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
9. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
10. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)