|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
(c) Over 600.
2. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
3. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(a) Gunshot wounds.
(d) Blunt force trauma.
4. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
(a) They work together.
(b) Lenin overpowers Trotsky.
(c) Trotsky overpowers Lenin.
(d) They ignore each other.
5. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
2. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
3. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
4. Where is Stavka, the field headquarters, located?
5. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
2. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
3. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
4. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
5. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
6. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
7. In the period between Nicholas' abdication and the Romanovs' arrest, why do the revolutionaries not attack the Alexander Palace, where the family is living?
8. Instead of telling Nicholas that a revolution is taking place, what does Protopopov and Voeikov tell him about the events taking place in St. Petersburg, and how does he find out what is really happening?
9. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
10. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)