|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
2. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
3. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
4. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
5. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
(a) To assist the French against the Germans.
(b) They run out of ammunition.
(c) To fight against the revolutionaries in their own country.
(d) They run out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what criteria does Rasputin judge people?
2. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
3. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
4. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
5. What is the house in Ekaterinburg where the Romanovs live called?
Short Essay Questions
1. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
2. Under what conditions does England agree to grant the Romanovs asylum, and why is the request eventually withdrawn?
3. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
4. Why does Alexandra move Anna Vyrubova into an apartment in the Alexander Palace?
5. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
6. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
7. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
8. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
9. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
10. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)