|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
2. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
3. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(b) Granted asylum.
4. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
(b) The United States.
5. Who is misinforming Nicholas as to how serious things are in Petrograd?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
2. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
3. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
4. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
5. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
2. When Alexis suffers a nosebleed and Rasputin is sent for, what does Rasputin do when he arrives and what happens afterward?
3. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
4. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
5. In the period between Nicholas' abdication and the Romanovs' arrest, why do the revolutionaries not attack the Alexander Palace, where the family is living?
6. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
7. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
8. In agreeing to the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, what territory does Russia give up?
9. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
10. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)