|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) A military escort.
(b) Advance permission.
(c) A police escort.
2. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
4. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(c) Government officials.
5. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) Into a witness protection program.
(c) To a place of safety.
(d) Tried for war crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is misinforming Nicholas as to how serious things are in Petrograd?
2. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
3. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
4. The Provisional Government sends a request to England for _____________ for Nicholas and his family.
5. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on March 18, 1917, that prompts Alexandra to burn much of her correspondence?
2. In the letter that turns out to prophesy his death as well as the fate of the monarchy, what does Rasputin say happens to the Romanovs if his death is at the hands of peasants or commoners? Likewise, what does he say happens to the monarchy if his death is at the hands of nobles?
3. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
4. Instead of telling Nicholas that a revolution is taking place, what does Protopopov and Voeikov tell him about the events taking place in St. Petersburg, and how does he find out what is really happening?
5. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
6. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
7. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
8. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
9. When Alexis suffers a nosebleed and Rasputin is sent for, what does Rasputin do when he arrives and what happens afterward?
10. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)