|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
(b) Michael abdicates the throne.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
(d) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
2. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
3. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 15, 1917.
(b) March 22, 1917.
(c) March 31, 1917.
(d) March 21, 1917.
4. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Boris Sturmer.
(b) Alexander Trepov.
(c) Ivan Goremykin.
(d) Alexander Protopopov.
5. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
2. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
3. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
4. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
5. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on March 18, 1917, that prompts Alexandra to burn much of her correspondence?
2. What does the Tsar do in an attempt to slow down the rate of loss among his army officers?
3. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
6. Why are losses so heavy among Russian officers, in particular, during World War I?
7. When the Romanovs arrived in Tyumen, in what condition does Kobylinsky find the Governor's house, where the Romanovs are to live?
8. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
9. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
10. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)