|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
(a) They make a pilgrimage to Constantinople, the seat of Orthodoxy.
(b) They make a cross-country public relations trip.
(c) They make a public relations trip through every country in Europe.
(d) They make a pilgrimage to trace the route of the first Tsar.
2. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
3. What is the name of the royal yacht?
(a) The Crimea.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Simbirsk.
(d) The Standart.
4. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alexandra as a result of the stress she experiences while caring for Alexis during the first eleven days of his injury?
2. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
3. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
4. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
5. "Tsar" is another word for:
Short Essay Questions
1. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
2. When the royal yacht, the Standart, strikes a rock during a cruise, why doesn't it sink?
3. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
4. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
5. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
6. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
7. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
8. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
9. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
10. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)