|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(b) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
2. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(c) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(d) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
3. What is the purpose of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen, found by Plehve and Father George Gapon?
(a) To overthrow the Tsar.
(b) To fight for workers' rights.
(c) To steer workers away from revolutionary ideas.
(d) To steer workers toward revolutionary ideas.
4. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(b) Gregory Rasputin.
(c) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(d) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
5. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
2. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
4. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
5. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
Short Essay Questions
1. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
2. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
3. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
4. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
5. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
6. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
7. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
8. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
9. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
10. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)