|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) An exorcist.
(b) An apostle.
(c) An evangelist.
(d) A miracle healer.
2. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They reject it outright.
(b) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(d) They start shelling Austria.
3. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She is always seasick.
(b) She has sciatica.
(c) She has agoraphobia.
(d) She can't speak Russian.
4. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
(a) Stolypin and Kokovtsov.
(b) Goremykin and Stolypin.
(c) Goremykin and Witte.
(d) Goremykin and Kokovtsov.
5. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
(a) Queen Isabella of Spain.
(b) Marie Antoinette of France.
(c) Queen Victoria of England.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
2. What are the names of Alexis' bodyguards?
3. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
4. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
5. Where do the girls live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
2. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
3. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
4. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
5. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
6. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
7. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
8. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
9. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
10. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)