|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(d) Passport office.
2. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(b) Will often.
(c) Will occasionally.
(d) Does not.
3. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first constitution and president.
(b) A male heir.
(c) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(d) Its first constitution and parliament.
4. The Queen is known to carry the gene for hemophilia. How many of her daughters also carry the gene?
5. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
2. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
3. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
4. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
5. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
2. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
3. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
4. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
5. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
6. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
7. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
8. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
9. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
10. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)