|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
2. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They are very open and public about it.
(c) They don't know about it.
(d) They keep it a secret.
3. What happens to Alexis while the family is vacationing at Spala?
(a) He has a hemorrhage in his thigh and knee.
(b) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and abdomen.
(c) He has a hemorrhage in his knee and calf.
(d) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and thigh.
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(a) Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(d) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose carriage does Nicholas' mother, Marie, ride during the coronation ceremony?
2. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
3. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
4. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
5. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
2. Under the 'protection' of Captain Kotzebue's revolutionaries, how are the Romanovs treated at first?
3. When strikers marched in the streets on Sunday, March 11, 1917, they find that signs are posted by order of the Tsar. What do the signs say?
4. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
5. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
6. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
7. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
8. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
9. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
10. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)