|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(b) Alexis and Olga.
(c) Ella and Alexandra.
(d) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
2. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Foreign Minister.
(c) Minister of Labor.
(d) Minister of the Interior.
3. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(b) They reject it outright.
(c) They start shelling Austria.
(d) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
4. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
(a) They keep it a secret from the world.
(b) They use it as an opportunity to educate Russians about hemophilia.
(c) They only tell close friends and immediate family.
(d) They only tell the citizens of Spala and St. Petersburg and swear them to secrecy on pain of death.
5. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their brother's bodyguards.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their own bodyguards.
(d) Their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
2. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
3. "Tsar" is another word for:
4. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
5. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
2. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
3. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
4. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
5. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
6. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
7. When the royal yacht, the Standart, strikes a rock during a cruise, why doesn't it sink?
8. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
9. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
10. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)