|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(d) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
2. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their brother's bodyguards.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their own bodyguards.
(d) Their parents.
3. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
(a) He goes on a trip to the United States.
(b) He goes on a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He goes on a trip to Japan.
(d) He goes on a trip to Palestine.
4. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
(a) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(b) Ivan Pavlov.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Leon Trotsky.
5. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Tsar" is another word for:
2. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
3. What does the jeweler Faberge make every Easter for Nicholas' wife and mother?
4. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
5. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
2. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
3. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
4. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
5. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
6. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
7. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
8. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
9. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
10. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)