|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
(a) August 12, 1904.
(b) July 28, 1904.
(c) April 7,1902 (Easter day).
(d) October 30, 1905.
2. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
3. What does the jeweler Faberge make every Easter for Nicholas' wife and mother?
(a) Jeweled crosses.
(b) Jeweled eggs.
(c) Jewel-encrusted crowns.
(d) Jeweled rabbits.
4. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Vacationing at Livadia.
(b) Hunting in Spala.
(c) Sailing on the Standart.
(d) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
5. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
2. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
3. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
4. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
5. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
2. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
3. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
4. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
5. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
6. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
7. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
8. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
9. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
10. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)