|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(b) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(c) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(d) In case one train breaks down.
2. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
3. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Queen Victoria's death.
(b) World War I.
(c) Alexis' hemophilia.
(d) The Bolshevik Revolution.
4. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stolypin do away with?
2. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
3. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
4. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
5. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
2. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
3. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
4. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
5. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
6. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
7. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
8. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
9. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
10. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)