|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Parliament.
(b) Russia's House of Representatives.
(c) Russia's Senate.
(d) Russia's national soccer team.
2. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
(a) The Black Hand.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Red Hand.
(d) The Octobrists.
3. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
(a) The Urals.
(b) The Ukraine.
(d) The Crimea.
4. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
(a) They make a public relations trip through every country in Europe.
(b) They make a pilgrimage to trace the route of the first Tsar.
(c) They make a cross-country public relations trip.
(d) They make a pilgrimage to Constantinople, the seat of Orthodoxy.
5. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Alexis' hemophilia.
(b) Queen Victoria's death.
(c) The Bolshevik Revolution.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
2. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
3. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
4. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
5. What does Stolypin do away with?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
2. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
3. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
4. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
5. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
6. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
7. At the Four Brothers Mine, how are the bodies of Nicholas and his family disposed of?
8. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
9. In the period immediately following the assassination of Tsar Nicholas and his family, why do as many of his Romanov relatives as are able leave Russia?
10. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)