|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
2. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
3. The Queen is known to carry the gene for hemophilia. How many of her daughters also carry the gene?
4. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) An apostle.
(b) An evangelist.
(c) A miracle healer.
(d) An exorcist.
5. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(b) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(c) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(d) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
2. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
3. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
4. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
5. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
2. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
3. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
4. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
5. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
6. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
7. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
8. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
9. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
10. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)