|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(b) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(c) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(d) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
2. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
3. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
(a) A nationwide strike.
(b) A religious awakening.
(c) A political movement.
(d) A plague.
4. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
5. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Vacationing at Livadia.
(b) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
(c) Hunting in Spala.
(d) Sailing on the Standart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
2. What does the Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna say about Nicholas and Alexandra?
3. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
4. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
5. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to all of the money that is sent to Siberia to help the Romanovs?
2. Instead of telling Nicholas that a revolution is taking place, what does Protopopov and Voeikov tell him about the events taking place in St. Petersburg, and how does he find out what is really happening?
3. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
4. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
5. How are the Romanovs lured to their deaths, and who tells them they were going to die? How long after the announcement of their impending death are the Romanovs killed?
6. When Alexis suffers a nosebleed and Rasputin is sent for, what does Rasputin do when he arrives and what happens afterward?
7. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
8. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
9. Why does Alexandra move Anna Vyrubova into an apartment in the Alexander Palace?
10. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)