|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Alexis and Olga.
(b) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(c) Ella and Alexandra.
(d) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
2. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(b) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(c) In case one train breaks down.
(d) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
3. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
(a) It gives Russia a way to get supplies to Siberia by sea.
(b) It gives Russia a foot in the door with the Chinese.
(c) It gives Russia an ice-free port.
(d) It gives Russia an eastern port.
4. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They start shelling Austria.
(b) They reject it outright.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
(d) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
5. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
2. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
3. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
4. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
5. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
2. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
3. When the royal yacht, the Standart, strikes a rock during a cruise, why doesn't it sink?
4. How is Queen Victoria believed to have become a carrier of the hemophilia gene?
5. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
6. On what pretext does Nicholas dissolve the Second Imperial Duma?
7. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
8. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
9. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
10. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)