|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Alexis' hemophilia.
(b) The Bolshevik Revolution.
(c) World War I.
(d) Queen Victoria's death.
2. What is the purpose of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen, found by Plehve and Father George Gapon?
(a) To steer workers toward revolutionary ideas.
(b) To overthrow the Tsar.
(c) To fight for workers' rights.
(d) To steer workers away from revolutionary ideas.
3. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) January 1895.
(b) May 1896.
(c) May 1895.
(d) January 1896.
4. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
(a) Kokovtsov dies in office of a massive heart attack.
(b) A revolutionary assassinates Kokovtsov.
(c) Rasputin pressures Nicholas to remove Kokovtsov.
(d) Kokovtsov steps down voluntarily.
5. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) St. Petersburg.
(d) Tsarskoe Selo.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Tsar" is another word for:
2. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
3. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
4. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
5. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
2. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
3. When the Imperial Manifesto of October 30, 1905 establishes an elected parliament and rights for the people, Russia's government changes from an autocracy to what form of government?
4. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
5. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
6. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
7. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
8. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
9. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
10. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)