|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
2. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(b) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
(c) He physically removes Rasputin.
(d) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
3. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(d) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
4. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
5. What does the Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna say about Nicholas and Alexandra?
(a) She says they are known as the greatest Romanov rulers in history.
(b) She says they are the last generation of Romanov rulers.
(c) She says that Nicholas ought to award the throne to his brother Michael in light of Alexis' illness.
(d) She says their son, Alexis, becomes the greatest Romanov ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
2. Where do the girls live?
3. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
4. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
5. What happens to Alexis while the family is vacationing at Spala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
2. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
3. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
4. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
5. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
6. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
7. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
8. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
9. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
10. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)