Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He leaves the priesthood.
(c) He is assassinated.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
2. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) May 1896.
(b) January 1896.
(c) May 1895.
(d) January 1895.
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(b) Gregory Rasputin.
(c) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(d) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
2. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
3. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
4. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
5. What does Stolypin do away with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret information is found in Alexandra's papers after the abdication? Who is authorized to have copies of this information?
2. During the sixteen months Nicholas is at either Stavka or the front, Alexandra is in charge of the administrative functions of the government. What is the result of Alexandra's leadership?
3. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
4. After visiting Rasputin for an illness, what conclusion does Felix Yussoupov draw about him?
5. As the soldiers guarding the Romanovs in Tyumen come to understand the meaning of the revolution, how do their attitudes toward the Romanovs change?
6. During the summer of 1912, while the family is at their hunting lodge in Spala, how does Alexis incur the hemorrhage in his groin and thigh that nearly kills him?
7. When Colonel Kobylinsky is placed in charge of the Romanovs, how does the way in which they are treated change?
8. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
9. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
10. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)