|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(b) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(d) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
2. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) In case one train breaks down.
(b) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(c) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(d) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
3. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
4. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to England.
(b) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(c) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
5. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because travel is cold and damp.
(b) Because there is no water on the trains.
(c) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
(d) Because the trains overheat often.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
2. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
3. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
4. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
5. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
2. To what is the collapse of the Russian monarchy near the end of World War I ultimately attributed?
3. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
4. Why is Alexis' nurse, Nagorny, arrested after the Romanovs are moved to Ekaterinburg?
5. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
6. Why are losses so heavy among Russian officers, in particular, during World War I?
7. When are the Romanovs told they are able to leave Siberia?
8. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
9. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
10. What do Rasputin's murderers believe is the outcome of his death?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)