|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Foreign Minister.
(c) Minister of Labor.
(d) Minister of the Interior.
2. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
(a) They make a pilgrimage to trace the route of the first Tsar.
(b) They make a public relations trip through every country in Europe.
(c) They make a cross-country public relations trip.
(d) They make a pilgrimage to Constantinople, the seat of Orthodoxy.
3. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
4. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(b) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(c) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(d) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
5. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Ella and Alexandra.
(b) Alexis and Olga.
(c) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(d) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
2. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
3. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
4. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
5. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
2. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
3. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
4. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
5. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
6. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
7. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
8. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
9. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
10. What Russian institutions do Peter the Great develop?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)