|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(b) They are sent to England.
(c) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
(d) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
2. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
3. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
(a) They keep it a secret from the world.
(b) They only tell the citizens of Spala and St. Petersburg and swear them to secrecy on pain of death.
(c) They use it as an opportunity to educate Russians about hemophilia.
(d) They only tell close friends and immediate family.
4. What are the names of Alexis' bodyguards?
(a) Nureyev and Nijinsky.
(b) Lenin and Trotsky.
(c) Anatevka and Datsyuk.
(d) Derevenko and Nagorny.
5. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(b) Yes. Louise.
(c) Yes. Leopold.
(d) Yes. Albert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
2. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
3. Which option lists the names of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters in order of their birth?
4. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
5. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
2. When the First Imperial Duma appears in May 1906, what political parties form along with it?
3. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
4. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
5. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
6. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
7. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
8. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
9. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
10. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)