|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(a) Yes. Albert.
(c) Yes. Louise.
(d) Yes. Leopold.
2. In whose carriage does Nicholas' mother, Marie, ride during the coronation ceremony?
(a) Catherine the Great's.
(d) Vlad the Impaler's.
3. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because there is no water on the trains.
(b) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
(c) Because the trains overheat often.
(d) Because travel is cold and damp.
4. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
(a) He goes on a trip to the United States.
(b) He goes on a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He goes on a trip to Japan.
(d) He goes on a trip to Palestine.
5. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Senate.
(b) Russia's Parliament.
(c) Russia's House of Representatives.
(d) Russia's national soccer team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
2. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
3. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
4. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
5. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
2. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
3. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
4. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
5. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
6. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
7. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
8. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
9. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
10. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)