|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) The Bolshevik Revolution.
(b) Queen Victoria's death.
(c) Alexis' hemophilia.
(d) World War I.
2. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
(a) Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
(b) Kaiser William II of Germany.
(c) Queen Victoria of England.
(d) President Emile Loubet of France.
3. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) In case one train breaks down.
(b) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(c) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(d) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
4. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
(a) Through Nicholas.
(b) Through Alexis' bodyguards.
(c) Through her best friend, Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Through the Empress Marie, her mother-in-law.
5. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
2. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
3. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
4. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
5. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
Short Essay Questions
1. With which religious, sexually immoral, sect is Rasputin accused of having an association?
2. How does Rasputin believe that people came to be forgiven of their sins?
3. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
4. What does Nicholas' tutor, Pobedonostsev, believe the only way to achieve national unity in Russia is? What does he believe is done in the event of opposition?
5. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
6. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
7. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
8. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
9. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
10. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)