|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
(b) He physically removes Rasputin.
(c) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(d) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
2. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(b) Does not.
(c) Will occasionally.
(d) Will often.
3. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
(a) The Black Hand.
(b) The Octobrists.
(c) The Red Hand.
(d) The Black Panthers.
4. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first constitution and parliament.
(b) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(c) A male heir.
(d) Its first constitution and president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the royal yacht?
2. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
3. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
4. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
5. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
2. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
3. Why do Russian Easter celebrations include large banquets?
4. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
5. What do the old women in the crowd observing Alexander III's funeral procession say of Alexandra, who rides alone and behind the rest of the family?
6. Why do many in St. Petersburg society consider Alexandra a prude?
7. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
8. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
9. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
10. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)