|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) In Alexis' quarters.
(b) In Nicholas' quarters.
(c) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(d) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
2. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
3. What does Stolypin do away with?
(a) The peasantry.
(b) Private property.
(c) Communal farming.
(d) The monarchy.
4. What is the name of the royal yacht?
(a) The Simbirsk.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Standart.
(d) The Crimea.
5. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
(a) President Emile Loubet of France.
(b) Queen Victoria of England.
(c) Kaiser William II of Germany.
(d) Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
2. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
3. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
4. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
5. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a riot that kills hundreds of people take place in Moscow, and at what event, on the day following Nicholas' coronation?
2. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
3. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
4. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
5. In the Russian system of autocracy, to whom is the Tsar responsible?
6. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
7. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
8. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
9. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
10. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)