|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
2. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Lutheran Church.
(b) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
3. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
4. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
(a) He identifies a bank robber.
(b) He identifies a murderer.
(c) He identifies a rapist.
(d) He identifies a horse thief.
5. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(b) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(c) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(d) She believes Rasputin heals him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
2. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
3. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
4. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
5. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the revolution, 630 letters from Alexandra to Nicholas, written while Nicholas is at the Stavka, are found in Ekaterinburg. What do the letters contain?
2. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
3. How do Lenin's studies at the University of Kazan end?
4. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
5. When World War I begins, the Tsar is reluctant to become involved because Russia is not prepared for war. Why is Russia not prepared for war?
6. Catherine the Great is German, not Russian. How does she become Empress of Russia?
7. Why does Nicholas bring Alexis to live with him at the Stavka in the fall of 1915?
8. When World War I begins, why do Nicholas and Alexandra travel to Moscow?
9. In the period immediately following the assassination of Tsar Nicholas and his family, why do as many of his Romanov relatives as are able leave Russia?
10. Why do Tsar Alexander and Empress Marie want Nicholas to marry Princess Helene of France instead of Alix of Hesse?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)