|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine grams.
(b) Nine kilograms.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Nine ounces.
2. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(b) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
(c) They start shelling Austria.
(d) They reject it outright.
3. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(b) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(c) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(d) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
4. What happens to Alexis while the family is vacationing at Spala?
(a) He has a hemorrhage in his thigh and knee.
(b) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and thigh.
(c) He has a hemorrhage in his knee and calf.
(d) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and abdomen.
5. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
2. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
3. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
4. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
5. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Archduke's assassination, Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, to which it expects a response within forty-eight hours in order to prevent it declaring war upon Serbia. What demands do Austria's ultimatum place upon Serbia?
2. How does the Russo-Japanese war end?
3. After Stolypin and Kokovtsov each have personal interviews with Rasputin when they are in office, what happens to them?
4. How does Austria's Archduke Ferdinand wind up being assassinated by Serbian revolutionaries, in spite of a route revision after his speech that is designed to keep him out of danger?
5. What begins to appear in public after Iliodor and his supporters are sent into seclusion?
6. The Imperial Park at Tsarskoe Selo is the site of which two Russian palaces?
7. Why is Alexandra so severely affected by Alexis' hemophilia?
8. What outdoor activities does Alexis want to engage in but can not due to his hemophilia?
9. When Alexis injures himself at Spala, who comes from St. Petersburg to help him?
10. Which of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters are characterized as outspoken, very sure of herself, and eager to go out into society?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)