|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Prime Minister Goremykin.
2. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
3. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
4. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
5. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
(b) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
(c) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
(d) Alexis bleeds to death.
6. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Brothers.
(b) The Four Bears.
(c) The Four Uncles.
(d) The Four Comrades.
7. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
8. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
9. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 21, 1917.
(b) March 15, 1917.
(c) March 31, 1917.
(d) March 22, 1917.
10. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; Moscow.
(b) Murmansk; England.
(c) England; Murmansk.
(d) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
11. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
(a) Inciting a riot.
(d) Slander of a public official.
12. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
(a) Revolutionary troops are ahead on the tracks.
(b) Another train is derailed ahead on the tracks.
(c) A fallen tree is ahead on the tracks.
(d) A rock slide is ahead on the tracks.
13. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
(a) Exposing himself.
(b) Disturbing the peace.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Attempting to overthrow the government.
14. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Political information.
(b) Alexis' health records.
(c) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(d) Military information.
15. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
2. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
3. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
4. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
5. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)