|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
(a) Empress Alexandra.
(b) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(c) Prime Minister Stolypin.
(d) Michael Vasilevich Alexeiev.
2. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(b) Granted asylum.
3. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
4. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
5. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
6. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be rescued.
(b) They expect to be relocated.
(c) They expect to be deported.
(d) They expect to be freed.
7. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
(a) To smuggle them out of Russia.
(b) To stop Lenin.
(c) To stop Trotsky.
(d) To keep the treaty with Germany from being signed.
8. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
(a) Citizen Romanov and Citizen Romanova.
(b) Tsar Nicholas and Empress Alexandra.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra.
(d) Citizen Romanov and Alexandra the German.
9. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 1, 1917.
(b) January 11, 1916.
(c) January 1, 1916.
(d) January 11, 1917.
10. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
(a) St. Petersburg.
11. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(c) Government officials.
12. As the revolution begins, what is Nicholas writing to Alexandra about?
(a) Trout fishing.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) His plans to save the monarchy.
(d) Preparing to flee with her family to safety.
13. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Prime Minister Goremykin.
14. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
15. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens five days after the Tsar relinquishes control of the government?
2. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
3. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
4. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
5. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)