|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is misinforming Nicholas as to how serious things are in Petrograd?
2. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
3. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
4. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
(c) A charlatan.
(d) Bad news.
5. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
(a) Tobolsk, in western Siberia.
(b) The Crimea.
6. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(b) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
(c) The Empress Alexandra.
(d) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
7. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Protopopov.
(b) Boris Sturmer.
(c) Ivan Goremykin.
(d) Alexander Trepov.
8. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
(b) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(d) Queen Victoria.
9. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
10. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) A regent.
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
11. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Brothers.
(b) The Four Bears.
(c) The Four Comrades.
(d) The Four Uncles.
12. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
13. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
(a) Prime Minister Stolypin.
(b) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(c) Michael Vasilevich Alexeiev.
(d) Empress Alexandra.
14. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
15. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
(b) Over 600.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
2. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
3. Who works out a truce to keep the Alexander Palace from being attacked by the revolutionaries?
4. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
5. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)