|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
2. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(c) Blunt force trauma.
(d) Gunshot wounds.
3. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
4. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
5. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be deported.
(b) They expect to be relocated.
(c) They expect to be freed.
(d) They expect to be rescued.
6. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(b) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(c) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(d) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
7. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
8. Who works out a truce to keep the Alexander Palace from being attacked by the revolutionaries?
(a) The Church.
(b) The military.
(c) The Duma.
(d) The Tsar.
9. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
10. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
(d) Queen Victoria.
11. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
(a) The Crimea.
(d) Tobolsk, in western Siberia.
12. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
13. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
14. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
15. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
2. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
3. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
4. In November, after the Bolsheviks take key positions in Petrograd and Kerensky goes into hiding, with him go the dream of a _________ Russia.
5. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)