|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Political information.
(b) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(c) Military information.
(d) Alexis' health records.
2. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
(b) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
(c) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(d) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
3. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
4. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
5. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
6. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
7. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
(c) A regent.
8. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Alexis bleeds to death.
(b) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
(c) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
(d) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
9. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
10. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; Moscow.
(b) Murmansk; England.
(c) England; Murmansk.
(d) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
11. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) A prison.
(b) An apartment complex.
(c) The governor's house.
(d) A palace.
12. How many people live together in the five-room upper level given to the Romanovs?
13. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
14. The Provisional Government sends a request to England for _____________ for Nicholas and his family.
(b) Medical treatment.
(c) Psychiatric help.
(d) Food and clothing.
15. In November, after the Bolsheviks take key positions in Petrograd and Kerensky goes into hiding, with him go the dream of a _________ Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
2. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
3. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
4. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
5. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)