|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(b) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(c) Michael also abdicates the throne.
(d) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
2. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Prince Felix .
(b) Grand Duke Dmitry.
(c) Princess Irina.
(d) Grand Duke Michael.
3. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(b) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
(c) The Empress Alexandra.
(d) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
5. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
6. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Ivan Goremykin.
(b) Alexander Trepov.
(c) Boris Sturmer.
(d) Alexander Protopopov.
7. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
(a) Queen Victoria.
8. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
9. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
(a) The Bolsheviks.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The revolutionaries.
(d) No one; they were mercenaries.
10. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(d) Anna Vyrubova.
11. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
12. What happens five days after the Tsar relinquishes control of the government?
(a) Revolutionaries storm Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Alexis hemorrhages.
(c) The entire Romanov family is assassinated.
(d) The government collapses.
13. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
(a) They assume he is an undercover revolutionary.
(b) They assume he is a paid Serbian spy.
(c) They assume he is a paid Austrian spy.
(d) They assume he is a paid German spy.
14. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
15. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
2. Of the twenty-eight people tried for the murder of the Tsar, how many are executed?
3. On what date are the Romanovs murdered?
4. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
5. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)