|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
(a) They assume he is an undercover revolutionary.
(b) They assume he is a paid German spy.
(c) They assume he is a paid Serbian spy.
(d) They assume he is a paid Austrian spy.
2. How do Nicholas and the others keep up on world events after their arrest?
(c) Papers and magazines.
(d) Television and radio.
3. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(a) The Empress Alexandra.
(c) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
(d) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
4. How many people live together in the five-room upper level given to the Romanovs?
5. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
6. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) A palace.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A prison.
7. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) Alexis, with a regent.
(d) A regent.
8. When Rodzianko finally convinces Nicholas, who is still at Stavka, that the violence and strike in Petrograd are serious, what does he NOT do?
(a) Send his family out of the city for their safety.
(b) Dissolve the Duma.
(c) Send troops from the front into the city to restore order.
(d) Make plans to return to Petrograd.
9. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
(a) Luxury train.
(c) Horse and carriage.
(d) Regular passenger train.
10. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
(a) To smuggle them out of Russia.
(b) To stop Lenin.
(c) To stop Trotsky.
(d) To keep the treaty with Germany from being signed.
11. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(b) Michael also abdicates the throne.
(c) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(d) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
12. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
13. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
14. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
(a) Lenin overpowers Trotsky.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They work together.
(d) Trotsky overpowers Lenin.
15. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(b) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
(c) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(d) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
2. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
3. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
4. What does Rasputin want?
5. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)