|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(b) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
(c) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
(d) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
2. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
3. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
(a) Public drunkenness.
(b) Attempting to overthrow the government.
(c) Exposing himself.
(d) Disturbing the peace.
4. How long does it take Yurovsky's group to destroy the bodies?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
5. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
(b) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
(c) Alexis bleeds to death.
(d) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
6. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
(b) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(c) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(d) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
7. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Brothers.
(b) The Four Uncles.
(c) The Four Bears.
(d) The Four Comrades.
8. What happens five days after the Tsar relinquishes control of the government?
(a) The government collapses.
(b) Revolutionaries storm Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) The entire Romanov family is assassinated.
(d) Alexis hemorrhages.
9. In November, after the Bolsheviks take key positions in Petrograd and Kerensky goes into hiding, with him go the dream of a _________ Russia.
10. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(c) Government officials.
11. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) Lenin overpowers Trotsky.
(c) Trotsky overpowers Lenin.
(d) They work together.
12. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
13. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; Moscow.
(b) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
(c) England; Murmansk.
(d) Murmansk; England.
14. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(b) A military escort.
(c) Advance permission.
(d) A police escort.
15. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Grand Duke Michael.
(b) Princess Irina.
(c) Prince Felix .
(d) Grand Duke Dmitry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
2. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
3. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
4. What happens on March 21, 1917?
5. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)