|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what criteria does Rasputin judge people?
(a) By their view of him and his life style.
(b) By his view of them and their life style.
(c) By their morals and character qualities.
(d) By their committment to the Orthodox Church.
2. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(b) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(c) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(d) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
3. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
4. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
5. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
(a) They assume he is a paid Austrian spy.
(b) They assume he is a paid Serbian spy.
(c) They assume he is an undercover revolutionary.
(d) They assume he is a paid German spy.
6. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
7. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Brothers.
(b) The Four Bears.
(c) The Four Uncles.
(d) The Four Comrades.
8. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
9. What does Rasputin want?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) To rule Russia.
(c) To be popular.
(d) To marry Alexandra.
10. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
11. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
12. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) Into a witness protection program.
(c) Tried for war crimes.
(d) To a place of safety.
13. Who asks Moscow for permission to transfer the Romanovs to Ekaterinburg?
(a) The Ural Regional Soviet.
(b) Boris Soloviev.
(c) The Duma.
(d) The West Siberian Soviet.
14. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Strep throat.
15. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
2. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
3. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
4. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
5. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)