|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) Tried for war crimes.
(b) Into a witness protection program.
(c) To a place of safety.
2. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A prison.
(c) The governor's house.
(d) A palace.
3. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
(b) Bad news.
(d) A charlatan.
4. Where is Stavka, the field headquarters, located?
(a) On the German border.
(b) Twenty miles from Petrograd.
(c) Along the Polish railway.
(d) In Ekaterinburg.
5. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(b) Political information.
(c) Alexis' health records.
(d) Military information.
6. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
(a) The White Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(b) The Revolutionaries are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(c) The Red Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(d) The Monarchists are approaching Ekaterinburg.
7. Who is the head of the Russian supreme command?
(a) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(c) Tsar Nicholas.
8. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
9. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) Strep throat.
10. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
11. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) Alexis, with a regent.
(d) A regent.
12. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
(a) They run out of ammunition.
(b) They run out of food.
(c) To assist the French against the Germans.
(d) To fight against the revolutionaries in their own country.
13. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
(a) Over 600.
14. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(c) Blunt force trauma.
(d) Gunshot wounds.
15. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
Short Answer Questions
1. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
2. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
3. The Provisional Government sends a request to England for _____________ for Nicholas and his family.
4. What is the house in Ekaterinburg where the Romanovs live called?
5. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)