|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 21, 1917.
(b) March 15, 1917.
(c) March 31, 1917.
(d) March 22, 1917.
2. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) Ten years.
3. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 1, 1917.
(b) January 11, 1916.
(c) January 11, 1917.
(d) January 1, 1916.
4. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
5. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Political information.
(b) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(c) Alexis' health records.
(d) Military information.
6. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
7. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
(b) Inciting a riot.
(d) Slander of a public official.
8. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; England.
(b) England; Murmansk.
(c) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
(d) Murmansk; Moscow.
9. How long does it take Yurovsky's group to destroy the bodies?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three months.
10. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
(c) The United States.
11. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(b) Government officials.
12. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
13. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) A palace.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A prison.
14. Who asks Moscow for permission to transfer the Romanovs to Ekaterinburg?
(a) The Ural Regional Soviet.
(b) The Duma.
(c) Boris Soloviev.
(d) The West Siberian Soviet.
15. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
2. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
3. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
4. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
5. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)