|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(b) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(c) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(d) Michael also abdicates the throne.
2. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(b) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
(c) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
(d) The Empress Alexandra.
3. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
(a) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(b) Empress Alexandra.
(c) Michael Vasilevich Alexeiev.
(d) Prime Minister Stolypin.
4. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
5. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
6. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
7. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Trepov.
(b) Ivan Goremykin.
(c) Alexander Protopopov.
(d) Boris Sturmer.
8. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
9. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
(a) Strep throat.
(c) Chicken pox.
10. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(b) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(c) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(d) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
11. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
(a) A rock slide is ahead on the tracks.
(b) Revolutionary troops are ahead on the tracks.
(c) Another train is derailed ahead on the tracks.
(d) A fallen tree is ahead on the tracks.
12. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
13. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
14. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
15. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 11, 1916.
(b) January 1, 1916.
(c) January 1, 1917.
(d) January 11, 1917.
Short Answer Questions
1. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
2. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
3. On what date are the Romanovs murdered?
4. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
5. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)