|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Political information.
(b) Military information.
(c) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(d) Alexis' health records.
2. How many people live together in the five-room upper level given to the Romanovs?
3. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
4. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
(b) Michael abdicates the throne.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
(d) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
5. When Rodzianko finally convinces Nicholas, who is still at Stavka, that the violence and strike in Petrograd are serious, what does he NOT do?
(a) Send troops from the front into the city to restore order.
(b) Send his family out of the city for their safety.
(c) Make plans to return to Petrograd.
(d) Dissolve the Duma.
6. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
(a) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(b) Prime Minister Stolypin.
(c) Michael Vasilevich Alexeiev.
(d) Empress Alexandra.
7. On what date are the Romanovs murdered?
(a) July 16, 1917.
(b) June 16, 1917.
(c) July 16, 1918.
(d) June 16, 1918.
8. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(b) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
(c) The Empress Alexandra.
(d) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
9. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
10. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
(a) Tobolsk, in western Siberia.
(b) The Crimea.
11. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
(b) The United States.
12. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) To a place of safety.
(c) Tried for war crimes.
(d) Into a witness protection program.
13. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
(a) Inciting a riot.
(d) Slander of a public official.
14. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
15. What does Rasputin want?
(a) To be popular.
(b) To be left alone.
(c) To marry Alexandra.
(d) To rule Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
2. Why do the Russians turn away from Vienna and Budapest just as they are about to take them over?
3. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
4. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
5. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)