|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
2. By what criteria does Rasputin judge people?
(a) By their committment to the Orthodox Church.
(b) By their morals and character qualities.
(c) By his view of them and their life style.
(d) By their view of him and his life style.
3. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
(c) Inciting a riot.
(d) Slander of a public official.
4. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
5. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) General Kornilov.
(b) General Kotzebue.
(c) Captain Kotzebue.
(d) Captain Kornilov.
6. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(b) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
(c) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
(d) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
7. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) A regent.
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
8. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
9. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
10. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
(b) Alexis bleeds to death.
(c) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
(d) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
11. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
12. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
13. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
(a) His son Alexis.
(b) His wife Alexandra.
(c) The revolutionaries.
(d) His brother Michael.
14. At ___________ on the day they are murdered, the Romanovs are awakened and told to dress because they have to leave quickly.
(b) Two A.M.
15. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
(c) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
2. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
3. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
4. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
5. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)