|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
2. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. Who is the head of the Russian supreme command?
(c) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(d) Tsar Nicholas.
4. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) Alexis, with a regent.
(d) A regent.
5. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
(a) Prime Minister Stolypin.
(b) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(c) Empress Alexandra.
(d) Michael Vasilevich Alexeiev.
6. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) General Kotzebue.
(b) Captain Kornilov.
(c) General Kornilov.
(d) Captain Kotzebue.
7. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
8. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) Into a witness protection program.
(b) Tried for war crimes.
(c) To a place of safety.
9. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
(b) Gunshot wounds.
(d) Blunt force trauma.
10. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
(a) To keep the treaty with Germany from being signed.
(b) To stop Lenin.
(c) To smuggle them out of Russia.
(d) To stop Trotsky.
11. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
12. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
13. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
14. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
(a) The revolutionaries.
(b) No one; they were mercenaries.
(c) The Tsar.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
15. Under Russian law, what is Kerensky's call for removal of the Tsar?
(a) Slander of a public official.
(d) Inciting a riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
2. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
3. What is the house in Ekaterinburg where the Romanovs live called?
4. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
5. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)