|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
(b) Alexis bleeds to death.
(c) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
(d) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
2. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
3. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
4. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
(a) The Monarchists are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(b) The White Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(c) The Red Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(d) The Revolutionaries are approaching Ekaterinburg.
5. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
6. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) A regent.
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
7. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
8. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 21, 1917.
(b) March 15, 1917.
(c) March 22, 1917.
(d) March 31, 1917.
9. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; England.
(b) England; Murmansk.
(c) Murmansk; Moscow.
(d) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
10. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
11. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) Captain Kornilov.
(b) Captain Kotzebue.
(c) General Kotzebue.
(d) General Kornilov.
12. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
13. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
14. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(a) Granted asylum.
15. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(b) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(c) Michael also abdicates the throne.
(d) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
2. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
3. Of the twenty-eight people tried for the murder of the Tsar, how many are executed?
4. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
5. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)