|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Queen Victoria.
2. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
3. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(a) A regent.
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
4. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; England.
(b) Murmansk; Moscow.
(c) England; Murmansk.
(d) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
5. Who is misinforming Nicholas as to how serious things are in Petrograd?
6. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. Which member of the royal family becomes a certified war nurse?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
8. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be relocated.
(b) They expect to be freed.
(c) They expect to be deported.
(d) They expect to be rescued.
9. How do Nicholas and the others keep up on world events after their arrest?
(b) Television and radio.
(d) Papers and magazines.
10. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
11. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
12. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
(c) Over 600.
13. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Trepov.
(b) Alexander Protopopov.
(c) Ivan Goremykin.
(d) Boris Sturmer.
14. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Military information.
(b) Political information.
(c) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
(d) Alexis' health records.
15. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 11, 1917.
(b) January 1, 1916.
(c) January 1, 1917.
(d) January 11, 1916.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
2. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
3. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
4. Who works out a truce to keep the Alexander Palace from being attacked by the revolutionaries?
5. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)