|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
(a) Her friend, Lili Dehn.
(b) Nicholas' brother, Michael.
(c) Nicholas' mother, Marie.
(d) Her sister, Ella.
2. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) England; Murmansk.
(b) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
(c) Murmansk; England.
(d) Murmansk; Moscow.
3. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
(a) The revolutionaries.
(b) His wife Alexandra.
(c) His son Alexis.
(d) His brother Michael.
4. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
(a) Citizen Romanov and Citizen Romanova.
(b) Tsar Nicholas and Empress Alexandra.
(c) Citizen Romanov and Alexandra the German.
(d) Nicholas and Alexandra.
5. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
6. What kind of information does Alexandra give to Rasputin, despite Nicholas' requests to her not to?
(a) Alexis' health records.
(b) Political information.
(c) Military information.
(d) Personal correspondence between herself and Nicholas.
7. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(b) Government officials.
8. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 11, 1917.
(b) January 11, 1916.
(c) January 1, 1916.
(d) January 1, 1917.
9. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be rescued.
(b) They expect to be freed.
(c) They expect to be deported.
(d) They expect to be relocated.
10. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(b) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(c) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(d) Michael also abdicates the throne.
11. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
(a) Doctors cauterize the broken vessel.
(b) Alexis bleeds to death.
(c) Rasputin miraculously heals Alexis.
(d) The bleeding stops naturally on its own.
12. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A prison.
(c) A palace.
(d) The governor's house.
13. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
(b) Anna Vyrubova.
14. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
15. How do Nicholas and the others keep up on world events after their arrest?
(a) Papers and magazines.
(c) Television and radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rasputin want?
2. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
3. When Rodzianko finally convinces Nicholas, who is still at Stavka, that the violence and strike in Petrograd are serious, what does he NOT do?
4. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
5. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)