|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
2. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(b) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(c) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(d) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
3. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
4. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
5. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
6. After Lenin and Trotsky return to Russia, where does Kerensky decide to relocate the Romanovs to?
(b) Tobolsk, in western Siberia.
(d) The Crimea.
7. Who is misinforming Nicholas as to how serious things are in Petrograd?
8. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
(a) Public drunkenness.
(b) Disturbing the peace.
(c) Exposing himself.
(d) Attempting to overthrow the government.
9. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Brothers.
(b) The Four Bears.
(c) The Four Comrades.
(d) The Four Uncles.
10. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) Advance permission.
(c) A military escort.
(d) A police escort.
11. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(b) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(c) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(d) Michael also abdicates the throne.
12. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
(a) Citizen Romanov and Alexandra the German.
(b) Citizen Romanov and Citizen Romanova.
(c) Tsar Nicholas and Empress Alexandra.
(d) Nicholas and Alexandra.
13. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
14. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
(a) A rock slide is ahead on the tracks.
(b) Another train is derailed ahead on the tracks.
(c) Revolutionary troops are ahead on the tracks.
(d) A fallen tree is ahead on the tracks.
15. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
3. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
4. Who works out a truce to keep the Alexander Palace from being attacked by the revolutionaries?
5. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)