|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
(a) The Monarchists are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(b) The Revolutionaries are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(c) The Red Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(d) The White Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
2. The Provisional Government sends a request to England for _____________ for Nicholas and his family.
(a) Medical treatment.
(b) Psychiatric help.
(c) Food and clothing.
3. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
4. In March 1917, what illness do three of the Romanov children, plus Anna Vyrubova, have?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Strep throat.
5. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
(a) The revolutionaries.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The Bolsheviks.
(d) No one; they were mercenaries.
6. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(d) Granted asylum.
7. On March 12, 1917, whom does Alexandra ask to come to her?
(a) Nicholas' brother, Michael.
(b) Her friend, Lili Dehn.
(c) Her sister, Ella.
(d) Nicholas' mother, Marie.
8. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
(a) Horse and carriage.
(c) Regular passenger train.
(d) Luxury train.
9. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Grand Duke Michael.
(b) Grand Duke Dmitry.
(c) Princess Irina.
(d) Prince Felix .
10. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
(b) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(c) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
(d) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
11. No one can ever convince Alexandra that Rasputin is:
(a) A charlatan.
(c) Bad news.
12. What happens five days after the Tsar relinquishes control of the government?
(a) The government collapses.
(b) Revolutionaries storm Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) The entire Romanov family is assassinated.
(d) Alexis hemorrhages.
13. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 15, 1917.
(b) March 31, 1917.
(c) March 21, 1917.
(d) March 22, 1917.
14. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
(a) Anna Vyrubova.
15. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) Murmansk; Moscow.
(b) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
(c) England; Murmansk.
(d) Murmansk; England.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
2. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
3. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
4. On what date are the Romanovs murdered?
5. When Lenin returns to Petrograd in April 1917, he calls for the ___________ of the Provisional Government.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)