|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Stavka relocated to?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
3. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
(a) A month.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
4. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) Captain Kornilov.
(b) Captain Kotzebue.
(c) General Kotzebue.
(d) General Kornilov.
5. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Grand Duke Dmitry.
(b) Prince Felix .
(c) Grand Duke Michael.
(d) Princess Irina.
6. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) A police escort.
(b) Advance permission.
(c) A military escort.
7. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Comrades.
(b) The Four Uncles.
(c) The Four Bears.
(d) The Four Brothers.
8. Why is Alexandra investigated by Kerensky after she and Nicholas are arrested?
(a) She is German and therefore suspected of pro-German activities.
(b) She is suspected of planning to assassinate Nicholas.
(c) She is suspected of having an affair with Rasputin.
(d) She is suspected of collusion with the revolutionaries.
9. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
(b) Michael abdicates the throne.
(c) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
(d) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
10. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 21, 1917.
(b) March 31, 1917.
(c) March 15, 1917.
(d) March 22, 1917.
11. Who is the head of the Russian supreme command?
(a) Grand Duke Nicholas.
(b) Tsar Nicholas.
12. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
(a) His brother Michael.
(b) His son Alexis.
(c) His wife Alexandra.
(d) The revolutionaries.
13. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
14. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
15. Who asks Moscow for permission to transfer the Romanovs to Ekaterinburg?
(a) Boris Soloviev.
(b) The Duma.
(c) The West Siberian Soviet.
(d) The Ural Regional Soviet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
2. By the summer of 1915, the Tsar is at the front, but is in actuality a figurehead. Who is actually in charge of the army?
3. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
4. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
5. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)