|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At ___________ on the day they are murdered, the Romanovs are awakened and told to dress because they have to leave quickly.
(a) Two A.M.
2. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
3. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
4. When Rodzianko finally convinces Nicholas, who is still at Stavka, that the violence and strike in Petrograd are serious, what does he NOT do?
(a) Make plans to return to Petrograd.
(b) Send troops from the front into the city to restore order.
(c) Send his family out of the city for their safety.
(d) Dissolve the Duma.
5. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Prime Minister Goremykin.
6. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) General Kornilov.
(b) Captain Kotzebue.
(c) Captain Kornilov.
(d) General Kotzebue.
7. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
8. Who is the head of the Russian supreme command?
(b) Tsar Nicholas.
(d) Grand Duke Nicholas.
9. Who works out a truce to keep the Alexander Palace from being attacked by the revolutionaries?
(a) The Duma.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The military.
(d) The Church.
10. Lenin is living in _____________ when the revolution occurs in Petrograd.
(d) The United States.
11. Of the twenty-eight people tried for the murder of the Tsar, how many are executed?
12. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
(a) His wife Alexandra.
(b) The revolutionaries.
(c) His brother Michael.
(d) His son Alexis.
13. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
14. Where is Stavka, the field headquarters, located?
(a) In Ekaterinburg.
(b) Twenty miles from Petrograd.
(c) Along the Polish railway.
(d) On the German border.
15. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Family members and friends of the Romanovs believe the revolution is coming from:
2. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
3. Rasputin always tells Alexandra that Alexis loses the crown and Alexandra dies if ______________ dies.
4. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
5. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)