Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
3. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
(a) They assume he is a paid Serbian spy.
(b) They assume he is an undercover revolutionary.
(c) They assume he is a paid Austrian spy.
(d) They assume he is a paid German spy.
4. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(a) The Empress Alexandra.
(b) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
(d) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
5. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
6. The Provisional Government is trying to get the Romanov family __________.
(a) Tried for war crimes.
(c) Into a witness protection program.
(d) To a place of safety.
7. There are still __________ loyal to the Tsar at Alexander Palace.
(d) Government officials.
8. After being warned that revolution is imminent, to whom does Tsar Nicholas give control?
(b) Alexis, with a regent.
(c) A regent.
9. At ___________ on the day they are murdered, the Romanovs are awakened and told to dress because they have to leave quickly.
(d) Two A.M.
10. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) A prison.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) A palace.
(d) An apartment complex.
11. Of the twenty-eight people tried for the murder of the Tsar, how many are executed?
12. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
13. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Trepov.
(b) Boris Sturmer.
(c) Alexander Protopopov.
(d) Ivan Goremykin.
14. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
15. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Prince Felix .
(b) Grand Duke Michael.
(c) Grand Duke Dmitry.
(d) Princess Irina.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
2. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
3. In January 1919, a special investigator finds the mine with its evidence of the ___________ of the Romanovs.
4. Vasily Pankratov and Alexander Nikolsky take charge of the Romanovs from Kobylinsky in what month in 1917?
5. In November, after the Bolsheviks take key positions in Petrograd and Kerensky goes into hiding, with him go the dream of a _________ Russia.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)