|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river is Rasputin thrown into by his would-be assassins?
2. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(b) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. On the day they are murdered, what is the reason the Romanovs are given for having to leave?
(a) The Red Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(b) The White Russians are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(c) The Monarchists are approaching Ekaterinburg.
(d) The Revolutionaries are approaching Ekaterinburg.
4. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
(a) Princess Irina.
(b) Prince Felix .
(c) Grand Duke Michael.
(d) Grand Duke Dmitry.
5. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
6. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
(a) General Kotzebue.
(b) Captain Kotzebue.
(c) General Kornilov.
(d) Captain Kornilov.
7. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
(d) Anna Vyrubova.
8. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(b) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
(c) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
(d) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
9. How long does it take Yurovsky's group to destroy the bodies?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
10. At one point, a drunken Rasputin is arrested for:
(a) Disturbing the peace.
(b) Attempting to overthrow the government.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Exposing himself.
11. When Nicholas leaves Tsarskoe Selo, Alexandra takes on the ___________ functions of government in Petrograd.
12. How much of the Russian army is destroyed by the summer of 1915?
13. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) A military escort.
(b) A police escort.
(d) Advance permission.
14. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
(a) To keep the treaty with Germany from being signed.
(b) To stop Lenin.
(c) To smuggle them out of Russia.
(d) To stop Trotsky.
15. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Bears.
(b) The Four Comrades.
(c) The Four Uncles.
(d) The Four Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catherine Palace is being used as a _____________.
2. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
3. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
4. How many wartime letters from Alexandra to Nicholas are found in Ekaterinburg after the revolution?
5. Who are Pankratov and Nikolsky loyal to?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)