|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Alexandra rely as her adviser after Nicholas goes to Stavka?
(b) Prime Minister Goremykin.
(c) Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Queen Victoria.
2. What percentage of the Russian army are killed, injured or imprisoned by the end of 1914?
3. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(b) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(c) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(d) Michael also abdicates the throne.
4. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
(a) January 11, 1917.
(b) January 1, 1916.
(c) January 11, 1916.
(d) January 1, 1917.
5. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) A palace.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A prison.
6. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
7. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
(a) They work together.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) Trotsky overpowers Lenin.
(d) Lenin overpowers Trotsky.
8. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(d) Granted asylum.
9. Why are the Romanovs not willing to escape, even though monarchist organizations triesd to help them?
(a) Nicholas doesn't want to leave Russia.
(b) Nicholas doesn't want the family separated.
(c) Nicholas refuses to believe he has lost his throne.
(d) Nicholas thinks his abdication is only temporary.
10. The plan is for Nicholas and Alexandra to travel to _____________ and then to ____________ once the children are well.
(a) England; Murmansk.
(b) Murmansk; Moscow.
(c) Murmansk; England.
(d) Moscow; Ekaterinburg.
11. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
12. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
13. How long does it take Yurovsky's group to destroy the bodies?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three months.
14. As the revolution begins, what is Nicholas writing to Alexandra about?
(a) Preparing to flee with her family to safety.
(b) Trout fishing.
(c) His plans to save the monarchy.
(d) Playing dominoes.
15. Who asks Moscow for permission to transfer the Romanovs to Ekaterinburg?
(a) Boris Soloviev.
(b) The Ural Regional Soviet.
(c) The Duma.
(d) The West Siberian Soviet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rasputin's murderers are trying to ________ the monarchy.
2. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
3. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
4. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
5. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)