|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
2. What is the name of the mine to which the bodies of the Romanovs are taken?
(a) The Four Comrades.
(b) The Four Bears.
(c) The Four Brothers.
(d) The Four Uncles.
3. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 22, 1917.
(b) March 31, 1917.
(c) March 15, 1917.
(d) March 21, 1917.
4. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Trepov.
(b) Boris Sturmer.
(c) Ivan Goremykin.
(d) Alexander Protopopov.
5. Who is responsible for the Romanovs' safety when they are first arrested in March 1917?
6. As the revolution begins, what is Nicholas writing to Alexandra about?
(a) Playing dominoes.
(b) Trout fishing.
(c) Preparing to flee with her family to safety.
(d) His plans to save the monarchy.
7. In November, after the Bolsheviks take key positions in Petrograd and Kerensky goes into hiding, with him go the dream of a _________ Russia.
8. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be deported.
(b) They expect to be freed.
(c) They expect to be relocated.
(d) They expect to be rescued.
9. The official announcement is, initially, that the Tsar is executed and the rest of the family is ___________ in the evacuation of Ekaterinburg.
(b) Granted asylum.
10. Of the twenty-eight people tried for the murder of the Tsar, how many are executed?
11. Where is Stavka, the field headquarters, located?
(a) Twenty miles from Petrograd.
(b) On the German border.
(c) Along the Polish railway.
(d) In Ekaterinburg.
12. What does the rest of Petrograd believe about Rasputin's motives for his continued involvement with the Romanovs?
(a) They assume he is a paid German spy.
(b) They assume he is a paid Serbian spy.
(c) They assume he is a paid Austrian spy.
(d) They assume he is an undercover revolutionary.
13. What is the name of the treaty that brings peace between Russia and Germany in the spring of 1918?
14. After the revolution, what are Nicholas and Alexandra known as, respectively, among the Petrograd population?
(a) Tsar Nicholas and Empress Alexandra.
(b) Citizen Romanov and Citizen Romanova.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra.
(d) Citizen Romanov and Alexandra the German.
15. When Trotsky returns to Russia from New York in May 1917, what is his relationship with Lenin?
(a) They work together.
(b) Trotsky overpowers Lenin.
(c) They ignore each other.
(d) Lenin overpowers Trotsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the royal family member who leads the 1916/17 plot to assassinate Rasputin?
2. By sunset on March 12, 1917, the day the first Russian revolution begins, more than _____________ Russian soldiers mutiny and joined the revolution.
3. While Alexis is traveling during the fall of 1915, he suffers a nosebleed. His mother credits Rasputin with stopping the bleeding; however, what is the most likely reason the hemorrhage stops?
4. Whom does Nicholas bring to live with him at Stavka in the fall of 1915?
5. Nicholas thinks he is taken to ______________ and is forced to sign the peace treaty with Germany.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)