|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tobolsk population is loyal to the:
2. In which city does the first Russian revolution take place?
3. Where do the Romanovs live in Tobolsk?
(a) A prison.
(b) An apartment complex.
(c) A palace.
(d) The governor's house.
4. Who asks Moscow for permission to transfer the Romanovs to Ekaterinburg?
(a) Boris Soloviev.
(b) The Ural Regional Soviet.
(c) The West Siberian Soviet.
(d) The Duma.
5. Who advises the Tsar that revolution is imminent unless he keeps Alexandra from further interference in official matters?
(d) Anna Vyrubova.
6. Which Rasputin ally is appointed as Vice-President of the Duma in October 1916?
(a) Alexander Protopopov.
(b) Alexander Trepov.
(c) Boris Sturmer.
(d) Ivan Goremykin.
7. With the Tsar at the front, a substitute autocrat is to be found. Who fills this role?
(a) Rasputin, accompanied by the Empress Alexandra.
(b) The Empress Alexandra, accompanied by Rasputin.
(c) The Empress Alexandra.
8. How do the Romanovs travel for most of the journey to Siberia?
(b) Regular passenger train.
(c) Horse and carriage.
(d) Luxury train.
9. At the end of June, why does the Romanov family stay up all night, fully dressed?
(a) They expect to be relocated.
(b) They expect to be deported.
(c) They expect to be rescued.
(d) They expect to be freed.
10. Boris Soloviev, the ___________ of Rasputin, moves to Tyumen to try to help the Romanovs escape and, indeed, becomes famous as the man who tries to rescue them.
11. Rasputin's murderers are viewed as ___________ in Petrograd.
12. To the peasants in the countryside, the death of the peasant Rasputin makes him a _____________.
13. What year do the Germans target as the year to force the Russians out of the war?
14. How long does it take for the Bolsheviks to admit that the family is killed along with the Tsar?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
15. In what month does Alexis go to the front with the Tsar?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Provisional Government sends a request to England for _____________ for Nicholas and his family.
2. The Grand Duke Michael, Nicholas's brother, tries to bring the royal family to Moscow for what reason?
3. How do Nicholas and the others keep up on world events after their arrest?
4. What does Rasputin want?
5. Who arrests Alexandra on March 21, 1917?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)