|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
(a) It gives Russia an ice-free port.
(b) It gives Russia a foot in the door with the Chinese.
(c) It gives Russia a way to get supplies to Siberia by sea.
(d) It gives Russia an eastern port.
2. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
(a) He is defrocked and excommunicated.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He finds himself the new Bishop of Siberia.
(d) He finds himself the new Bishop of Crimea.
3. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because travel is cold and damp.
(b) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
(c) Because there is no water on the trains.
(d) Because the trains overheat often.
4. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
(b) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(c) Alexis and Olga.
(d) Ella and Alexandra.
5. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
2. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
3. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
4. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
5. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)