|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
(a) Through her best friend, Anna Vyrubova.
(b) Through Nicholas.
(c) Through the Empress Marie, her mother-in-law.
(d) Through Alexis' bodyguards.
2. What is Colonel Eugene Kobylinsky's political affiliation?
3. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
(a) They only tell close friends and immediate family.
(b) They only tell the citizens of Spala and St. Petersburg and swear them to secrecy on pain of death.
(c) They use it as an opportunity to educate Russians about hemophilia.
(d) They keep it a secret from the world.
4. What does Nicholas need in order to go outside of the palace after he and Alexandra are arrested?
(a) A police escort.
(b) Advance permission.
(d) A military escort.
5. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first constitution and parliament.
(b) Its first constitution and president.
(c) A male heir.
(d) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date by which Rasputin, writing before his death, predicts he will be dead and which, indeed, turns out to be the day his body is found?
2. Which of the injuries inflicted upon Rasputin by his assassins is the actual cause of his death?
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
4. When the provisional government is established after the fall of the monarchy, who is elected Vice-Chairman of the Soviet and Minister of Justice?
5. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)